Manchester United

BOF

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He dosen't want to play in europa league, that's the main issue. Guess they could always just rest him for whole tournament and then wheel him out for a potential final.

He wants to play CL over EL which is understandable.

If it comes down to it and it’s EL I expect he’ll play over not playing at all.

I’m pretty shocked that ETH still not only has Maguire in the side but also as captain. There was a chance to sort out one of their major issues as he’s gone for more of the same.

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He dosen't want to play in europa league, that's the main issue. Guess they could always just rest him for whole tournament and then wheel him out for a potential final.

Doesn't want to play in it

Wheel him out for the final

Yep that sounds about right for him 

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire have received the most Twitter abuse of any Premier League players, a new report has found.

Ofcom analysis of 2.3 million tweets in the first half of last season found nearly 60,000 abusive posts, affecting seven in 10 top-flight players.

Half of that abuse was directed at just 12 individuals - eight from United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62390281

Class 'fanbase'. 

Edited by Steero113

Hilarious that there's already drama after some players left early from their last game!

Ten Hag not pleased and complaining about it to the press.

The more things change...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/07/2022 at 14:41, Genie said:

United just can’t afford to let Ronaldo go. 

Definitely, but it's more to do with the backlash they will get from their sponsors than football. When you pay to be the official noodle partner of man utd. You are paying for star players and instagram followers. United have only one big name player, CR7. The rest are nobodies. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Dean Henderson was quite critical of Man Utd. I think he has kissed his future there goodbye!

not really sure he even has a point. I remember they brought him in a few seasons back and he wasnt exactly safe hands and then De Gea got his spot back and was United best player last season

On 02/08/2022 at 16:57, Steero113 said:

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire have received the most Twitter abuse of any Premier League players, a new report has found.

Ofcom analysis of 2.3 million tweets in the first half of last season found nearly 60,000 abusive posts, affecting seven in 10 top-flight players.

Half of that abuse was directed at just 12 individuals - eight from United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62390281

Class 'fanbase'. 

Does it say what the criteria is? Is it just the really harsh personal stuff? Or does calling Maguire slab head and a crap defender count? If it does then the whole country is guilty. 

I hate to be all “if SAF was there” but there’s no way he’d persevere with Maguire regardless of how much he cost.

He isn’t good enough, end of. Move him on and buy someone else. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I hate to be all “if SAF was there” but there’s no way he’d persevere with Maguire regardless of how much he cost.

Who would buy him? And why would he move for 100k a week less than what he is on?

It's a shitty situation. 

I'm enjoying it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

Who would buy him? And why would he move for 100k a week less than what he is on?

It's a shitty situation. 

I'm enjoying it. 

He’d get another PL side, maybe back to Leicester?

United would have to cut their losses and do a package to move him on. This is assuming they are serious about getting back to competing at the top.

They are so badly run though.

Compare what we did with Carney and what they did with Pogba. They should have sold him last year for £40-60m but instead he leaves for free (again).

Moving him Maguire on and paying up his contract is small change for them, but they are useless. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wouldn't it be more a case of SAF would get a better tune out of him? 

His heads gone, good enough player in there for a good manager to work with though 

Varane is the same, became a bum overnight when he joined utd

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wouldn't it be more a case of SAF would get a better tune out of him? 

His heads gone, good enough player in there for a good manager to work with though 

Varane is the same, became a bum overnight when he joined utd

It’s all linked together. When players like Verane see the club persevering with the likes of Maguire then they aren’t going to move mountains.

Same as Pogba, does **** all for 5 years, still gets offered a £280k/w contract at the end and leaves for free anyway. The club have looked incredibly amateurish.

Lingard another player who the squad must be looking at wondering what the club is playing at. £20-30m player last year, retained, didn’t play, lost for nothing.

Would Rashford still be at the club under SAF or would he have been sold to Everton, Leicester or us by now?

If the club are ruthless in their pursuit of excellence then it feeds through the players. 

The opposite is happening. It’s a holiday camp, and TH giving Maguire the captaincy again shows the circus is still going on.

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

The difference is that when SAF was there it was run like a football club. At the moment they're being run from the accounts office. Cutting their losses on Maguire will cost money that the owners won't see in dividend.

They've basically become Arsenal when Wenger was in charge. They don't have any ambition to win things anymore as that costs too much money.

Â