Manchester United

BOF

I may get shot down for this but I'm happy for Giggs. I think his situation in terms of playing career and now straight into a managerial stint, for the same club he has been at since he was 14, is both unique and incredible.

One of the best players I've ever seen and is highly underrated in terms of international recognition IMO. Don't think many will witness a career like his again, especially in this day and age.

I thought Up until they scored the first goal Man U were very poor again yesterday and then Norwich just rolled over very much in the way we still do when playing Man U.

Happy for Gigs to get the win though.

United dominated possession but lacked ideas. I think once in the 2nd half though they seemed more confident and ran at Norwich which they didn't really do much 1st half. More of the same next weekend please Giggsy.

It would be interesting to see what happens if they win their last 3, even Chelsea had the decency to give Di Matteo a chance. It could have their fans in arms again if the Van Gaal deal is indeed done. Here's hoping :D

Gary Neville is calling for a British manager at Manchester United, naming Ryan Giggs specifically...not sure what the logic is there, they just sacked a British manager for overseeing their worst season in a generation...surely they should hire the best qualified candidate?

Cor, Ryan Giggs, you know? Giggsy, isn't it? Mmm? Giggsy-wiggsy? Mmm? Oh! Ryan-y Giggsy-wiggsy. Isn't it? You know, marvellous.

Jumpers for goalposts, NEXT GOALS THE WINNER, marvelous.

One of the best players I've ever seen and is highly underrated in terms of international recognition IMO. Don't think many will witness a career like his again, especially in this day and age.

I think just the opposite to be honest. Giggs is vastly overrated because of the length of his career and his haul of medals. In terms of an actual on the pitch footballer I doubt he was ever one of the tope five players at united at any point in his career. People also over look that he was booed by Man Utd. fans at one stage. Even in recent years he has generally played a handful of games a season and usually only against the lesser sides. In terms of longevity and being a solid pro Giggs is great but he was never a great player IMO.  

• Like 1

I think just the opposite to be honest. Giggs is vastly overrated because of the length of his career and his haul of medals. In terms of an actual on the pitch footballer I doubt he was ever one of the tope five players at united at any point in his career. People also over look that he was booed by Man Utd. fans at one stage. Even in recent years he has generally played a handful of games a season and usually only against the lesser sides. In terms of longevity and being a solid pro Giggs is great but he was never a great player IMO.  

I think this suggests otherwise:

Ryan Giggs in his prime cannot compare to players like Ronaldo in terms of their highest level, but he was so damn consistent. That is the most important thing, you cannot have highly gifted players like Mario Balotelli in your side, because he will only perform extremely well every 5th game or so and run 5 km the next. Giggs was of course a great footballer op top of it, but also very, very stable.

To say he was overrated is of course foolish and extremely ignorant. You mention his long career and medals, I mean.... contradicting yourself a little bit? He has played 671 games in the league for Man Utd, scored 114 goals and won something like 35 trophies. You don't get to do that if you aren't a top, top player. Sure you can throw a Phil Neville or a John O'Shea back at me, but they didn't exactly play that many games for United and they weren't first-picks like Giggs.

Â