Manchester United

BOF

I didn't say anything like Man Utd would get Suarez. The thought of a world class player wanting to sign for the current Man Utd team is ridiculous.

so Jay Rodriguez would turn them down if an offer came in?

I didn't say anything like Man Utd would get Suarez. The thought of a world class player wanting to sign for the current Man Utd team is ridiculous.

so Jay Rodriguez would turn them down if an offer came in?

Rodriguez needs to perform at the level of this season for another season before I'd call him world class.

Man Utd could get him if they got in this summer on a gamble that he's going to be the next big thing.

if Arsenal is interested he'd probably go there first.

So forward players need to tackle yet Bannan couldn't tackle but that didn't matter.

Man United are finished yet they will get Suarez.

You constantly contradict yourself in your rush to take an opposing view to everything, its laughable.

however... 

if Liverpool don't keep Suarez - if he gets sold to Real Madrid - everything changes despite the fact Liverpool will be in the CL.

in the year following a world cup the team's star player is a bigger attraction than the CL. players are not desperate for top level football to impress the international manager.

Man Utd will be able to pick up those world class players who would previously have been attracted to Liverpool purely because Suarez played for them.  

with Suarez gone, Toni Kroos would be thinking: "would I rather tell my grand kids I played in a team with a forward line lead by Robin Van Persie or... Daniel Sturridge?" No contest, really.

Not trying to be funny, but I'm struggling to understand this . . . is it ridiculous to imagine United signing a truly top player or not? Is Toni Kroos a really top player or not? Could United sign Toni Kroos in the summer, only after the World Cup, or only after United have gotten back into the Champions League?  

I think Gary Neville could do a better job than Moyes, TBH.

That said, I hope he doesn't get into management, cuz I enjoy his commentary more than anyone else's...

• Like 1

Only got the game on radio, but it sounds as if Moyes is playing Mata wrong. I said it earlier in the season with Kagawa that moyes doesn't know how to use a number ten, in the playmaker role. You look at Everton he either had his flair out wide in pinear, or had midfielders who were good finishers running onto the ball (feliani/Cahill). Mata needs to be in the middle as he is wasted out wide

I was going to mention Mata. I watched about 25 minutes of this in the pub first half and honestly the first time I noticed Mata was playing when the camera panned in on him talking to RVP as they were walking off the pitch!

I do think it's a conundrum how you fit him into this United team. To me given United's history of wide players and Januazi coming through he has to play off the striker, I think RVP will be the odd man odd come the summer.

That and United have no developed an inferiority complex when playing the better teams in the league, the blame is squarely at Moyes here as Everton also had this.

I was going to mention Mata. I watched about 25 minutes of this in the pub first half and honestly the first time I noticed Mata was playing when the camera panned in on him talking to RVP as they were walking off the pitch!

I do think it's a conundrum how you fit him into this United team. To me given United's history of wide players and Januazi coming through he has to play off the striker, I think RVP will be the odd man odd come the summer.

That and United have no developed an inferiority complex when playing the better teams in the league, the blame is squarely at Moyes here as Everton also had this.

You can understand why Chelsea sold him, he didn't look interested. A peripheral figure in the game.

I'd actually prefer Vidic to play against our pacey counter attack. 

This, Vidic always struggles against pace and we would have a field day against him with Benteke, Andi and Gabby running at him.

Â