Manchester United

BOF

How long is it since you looked at a Utd team and thought only a couple of players were good enough for Villa?

I wouldn't mind that Mata chap..

But yes. Like for like comparisons with our team, the gulf in quality is certainly not as bad as it's been in the past, and some areas of the pitch I think we're actually better  (Guzan > De Gea, Vlaar > any of their CBS, Benteke > Welbeck)

I wouldn't be exactly jumping around the room if we signed any of the players that played for Man Utd last night, with the exception of Januzaj, and maybe Phil Jones.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Mata wont make a difference, just like Ozil hasn't made that much difference for Arsenal IMO.

Ozil has 8 assists and 4 goals in 17 games, if Mata could match that in the rest of the season it would help Utd massively in their attempt to get 4th.

Some of you guys are overstating their problems. They have a MUCH better squad than we do. It's laughable trying to compare the two. It's the same squad that won the league last year by 12 points.

They are playing garbage at the moment but as they say, form is temporary. This same side went through December winning 6 games in a row.

If you think our squad could pull something like that off you are living in dream land.

• Like 4

Some of you guys are overstating their problems. They have a MUCH better squad than we do. It's laughable trying to compare the two. It's the same squad that won the league last year by 12 points.

Cleverley and Jones instead of Delph and Clark? You must be havin' a laugh mate.

6 games you would expect them to win as soon as they came up against a half competent team they lost.

I don't want to get too excited just yet but i remember Liverpool being dominant and as soon as Souness took over they lost that air of invincibility and teams knew it.

I am seeing that now with Utd teams are not scared anymore whereas they are used to a game away from home, at Old Trafford the majority of teams would just hope to keep the goal difference down. Now teams like WBA go there and take the game to them it's a culture shock and they are not dealing with it very well long may it continue!!

Edited by S-Platt

Cleverley and Jones instead of Delph and Clark? You must be havin' a laugh mate.

Not really. Delph & Clark are having good seasons, but those 2 United players played a part in dismantling us with ease at Villa Park.

Not really. Delph & Clark are having good seasons, but those 2 United players played a part in dismantling us with ease at Villa Park.

We started Sylla in CM.

Man U tactics involved Rooney, Valencia and Welbeck exploiting the Sylla-Luna-Baker area all day. There is only one winner there. All the other players are bystanders to this contest

Edit: Delph wasn't playing that day.

Edited by Con

Why pick two of their worst players and compare them to two of our best?

If you don't think Carrick, Fellaini and Kagawa would be a better midfield three than Westwood Delph and KEA I can't help you.

Their fullbacks are better than ours, their strikers are better than ours (and are some of the best in the world) their keeper is better than ours. Vidic is better than Vlaar.

The only position where we might have a better player then them is the second CB position. I think Jones is better than Clark but both are good young centre backs.

• Like 1

Man. United's squad is very average compared to the teams above them imo, too many players over 30 and without Fergie knowing how to manage them that age is showing aswell as the poorness of others like Cleverley.

Even a team like Spurs have someone like Christain Eriksen who'd walk into the United team imo.

Why pick two of their worst players and compare them to two of our best?

1. It's fun

2. With Delph and Clark, we're not even comparing with our very best

3. That's even more fun

If you don't think Carrick, Fellaini and Kagawa would be a better midfield three than Westwood Delph and KEA I can't help you.

No, I wouldn't take Carrick. Past it. You might get another Barry-like season out of him but I'm happy to build on Westwood who will be better than Carrick next season or the one after. I'd take Fellaini over KEA. I would not take Kagawa over Delph. Kagawa would have to compete with Weimann and I'm not sure I'm prepared to do that yet. Kagawa hasn't proved himself in the Premier League.  Does enjoy playing in this league?

Their fullbacks are better than ours, their strikers are better than ours (and are some of the best in the world) their keeper is better than ours. Vidic is better than Vlaar.

The only position where we might have a better player then them is the second CB position. I think Jones is better than Clark but both are good young centre backs.

I wouldn't take Rafael even in a straight swap with Luna. Disciplinary issues. No thanks.

Evra, 100% but like Carrick there is not much point.

Vidic is NOT better than Vlaar. His reputation is bigger but on most recent performances this season I'd take Vlaar.

Jones has played with world class defenders last 2-3 years and still has a bit of a calamity streak about him which is why Moyes and Ferguson refuse to let him near CB. 

Clark is much more sound and his development is still on the upcurve.

This club ruined my childhood.  May their misery continue.

I agree. Aside from them constantly beating Villa, I used to get a lot stick in primary school from Man United "fans" for having the audacity to support a team that doesn't win all the time.

**** 'em. May their dramatic fall continue.

Edited by Mantis

Â