Manchester United

BOF

I now know 3 United fans who "no longer support them". Its a real shock to the system of United fans under the age of about 30 who cant remember anything but the Fergie years. Im loving it while it lasts. 

They're going to start hemorrhaging "fans" soon, particularly overseas in places like the Far East. I'm not even joking either. A lot of their "fans" are bona fide gloryhunters who will up and leave for teams like Man City or Chelsea in a flash.

Yep, huge amount of new Emirati Citeh 'fans' over here, having previously supported another club.

I now know 3 United fans who "no longer support them". Its a real shock to the system of United fans under the age of about 30 who cant remember anything but the Fergie years. Im loving it while it lasts. 

They're going to start hemorrhaging "fans" soon, particularly overseas in places like the Far East. I'm not even joking either. A lot of their "fans" are bona fide gloryhunters who will up and leave for teams like Man City or Chelsea in a flash.

Yep, huge amount of new Emirati Citeh 'fans' over here, having previously supported another club.

Well I would forgive people from the UAE supporting the UAE owned team, there is not a more logical team for them to support. You don't see people in somewhere like Malaysia dropping Man U and supporting Man City though. .

When he finally gets put of his misery there (he certainly isn't going to last his 6 year deal) he won't be getting another top 6 job so yeah either abroad or come somewhere like here.

Maybe he'll end up back at everton.

Don't think Everton fans would want him back, they were tired and fed up with him - fresh new start for them under Martinez having one of their best seasons for decades.

They certainly wouldn't get rid of Martinez for him.

I could still see Moyes working well at United, but him and everyone else there must get to terms with the fact that Ferguson is gone and that everything United had with him has collapsed.

Never say die attitude, the safiety of knowing things will go their way, other clubs fear factor and often playing weakened teams or coming with defeatiest attitude.

All that is gone, what remains is the fact that United are HUGE, they get in sickload of cash and they must use it if they want to remain competitive.
Moyes need to get rid of everyone that is Ferguson men and big enough at the club to challenge Moyes (Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra. Giggs - sadly for them possibly also their big stars Rooney and Persie),

and then start building his own team. The question is whether great talents would want to come and play for Moyes if they have offer from other top clubs, but United's name is still strong and they have the money.

United has had it easy in the past. I remember my team going up again poor Premier League teams, who come with full strenght and fight for their lives. Then next week they've gone to Old Trafford, rested players, not given enough effort, and even their manager saying that they have no chance to pick up points at Old Trafford so why should they go all out and risk tiring out players. Games against United has often been chosen as games to rest players at the chance for points have been slim.
They won't get that benefit anymore.

How can you know this?

Why would you think fans from the far east suddenly drop their team when they stop winning? Is there something about Asian people that makes them more fickle than other races?

Liverpool haven't won any thing major for nearly 10 years now but they still get a massive following when they travel to Asia, selling out their friendlies. Those supporters tune in every week to watch their team fight for 4th place.  

Fans from Asia or other forign countries, in the absence of a local team, may very well have picked Man U becasue they were one of the beast teams but once you start supporting a team it is very hard to get it out of your system and stop supporting even if the team are struggling, regardless of where you live.  

Think you mis-read my post slightly. I said "particularly overseas" and just used the Far East as the most obvious example. Glory hunting certainly isn't exclusive to one area unfortunately.

How can you know this?

Why would you think fans from the far east suddenly drop their team when they stop winning? Is there something about Asian people that makes them more fickle than other races?

Liverpool haven't won any thing major for nearly 10 years now but they still get a massive following when they travel to Asia, selling out their friendlies. Those supporters tune in every week to watch their team fight for 4th place.  

Fans from Asia or other forign countries, in the absence of a local team, may very well have picked Man U becasue they were one of the beast teams but once you start supporting a team it is very hard to get it out of your system and stop supporting even if the team are struggling, regardless of where you live.  

Think you mis-read my post slightly. I said "particularly overseas" and just used the Far East as the most obvious example. Glory hunting certainly isn't exclusive to one area unfortunately.

Yes but the fickle glory-hunting you talk about isn't as common as you think. certainly not in the Far East.

Edited by legov

Just read about Smalling going to a fancy dress as a suicide bomber, with a circuit board and cables all included.

Why are footballers so thick?

He went as a jaeger bomb, to a party he held in his own home as much as I am aware. Cant understand the crime?

• Like 3

Cant understand the crime?

You don't have to! You just have to be able to be offended or find it controversial in any way possible and voila Smalling is in the wrong.

You don't have to! You just have to be able to be offended or find it controversial in any way possible and voila Smalling is in the wrong.

He is in the wrong every time he graces a football pitch

• Like 1

Thought Moyes was ideal for that job but, in retrospect, they really needed some hard-bitten foreign manager like Pellegrini* or Mourinho who, in their very different ways can absorb bucket loads of crap and dole it out when needed.

Moyes is just becoming embarrassing, blaming every setback on poor refereeing - he seems to be disintegrating before our very eyes.

(*Except Pellegrini maybe fails the mental arithmetic test.)

He went as a jaeger bomb, to a party he held in his own home as much as I am aware. Cant understand the crime?

I really wish someone would respond after something like this with "Oh do go and **** off with yourselves" instead of "I'm sorry if I caused offence blah blah". It'd be so refreshing and the Helen Lovejoys of the world can shove it up their arses.

There was a really good observation on The Football Ramble this week.  You know how at the end of the film Return of the Jedi the Death Star explodes and all the Ewoks throw a huge party to celebrate the downfall of the evil empire?  Manchester United 2013/14. 

• Like 1

Manchester United boss David Moyes is among the nominees for the Barclays Premier League manager of the month award for December.

United have lost their past three games in all competitions, but won four, drew once and lost twice in their seven league games last month.

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini, who went unbeaten in December, is also nominated.

Really?

I was in no way offended and if it was a work party that I went to I would find it funny, I meant stupid as in he must have known that if anyone found out about it then he would get slaughtered by the tabloids.

Manchester United boss David Moyes is among the nominees for the Barclays Premier League manager of the month award for December.

United have lost their past three games in all competitions, but won four, drew once and lost twice in their seven league games last month.

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini, who went unbeaten in December, is also nominated.

Really?

I was just about to post this.

What an odd nomination.

Granted noone was ever going to replace yessiralex but he's not exactly doing a good job is he?!

Seemingly Moyes has the best record of any post-war Man Utd manager in their first 30 games in charge. Winning something like 17 of them. Of course he arguably has the best squad that any new post-war United manager has inherited too. Maybe that's where the hat-tip from the FA comes from? Stupid either way.

• Like 1

Â