VillaGoMarching

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Arguing about ‘who is the biggest club’ is like arguing ‘who has the strongest dad’. 

True, yet Celtic shouldn't even be in the conversation...

I also do not care who is the biggest club...

14 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Rumour is they are after Maguire, imagine having him and Dier as your 2 centre backs 😂

It would be like watching two supertankers manoeuvring through the Suez Canal.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

See this argument I just don't get it...

The definition of a big club these days is global reach; PL is the best league in the World according to FIFA rankings, SPL is 17/18th.

Take a look at the social media pages of both clubs are draw a comparison. Again the difference is vast e.g. Tottenham = 15m, Celtic = 740k

Sponsorship, money, players all are a higher standard and hence Tottenham are a bigger club, things have changed drastically.

Celtic and Rangers fans are forever talking about how the clubs are global powerhouses yet they really aren't; they consistently find their players and managers poached to improve and progress their own careers.

In fairness how many of them 15 million South Korea fans are Son fans from Korea where Spurs are big because of him

16 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

They are now after Pickford to replace lloris 🤣 A back 3 of Pickford, Dier and Maguire he obviously wants an early payout for when he’s sacked 

Gareth Postecoglu

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Ange is in for a shock if he thinks he can play all out attacking football in the Premier League.

16 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Rumour is they are after Maguire, imagine having him and Dier as your 2 centre backs 😂

All out attacking football with Maguire and Dier as your center backs. 

What can possibly go wrong 🤣

3rd or 4th choice manager, impatient fanbase, best player sold or wanting to leave, no ambition from the board, literally every other recently top 8 club improving. Would be shocked if they actually pull it all together but stranger things have happened...

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

In fairness how many of them 15 million South Korea fans are Son fans from Korea where Spurs are big because of him

Doesn't matter

The list of annual revenue that was floating around the other day, spurs were something like 9th in the world maybe higher

Not a clue how they've managed to time everything so right but spurs are a big club, especially considering they don't really do anything

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The list of annual revenue that was floating around the other day, spurs were something like 9th in the world maybe higher

Not a clue how they've managed to time everything so right but spurs are a big club, especially considering they don't really do anything

And their biggest challenge is going to be to try to maintain that - they're going to lose £90m a season while they're out of the Champion's league - and if that's for more than a couple of years, their sponsorship value will drop too - Spurs have an awful lot of challenges, staying rich, placating an over expectant fanbase, protecting the ego of their chair, rebuilding a really odd looking squad and trying to guide a promising manager through all of that without any of it sticking to him. 

Hell of a job Ange.

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Ange is in for a shock if he thinks he can play all out attacking football in the Premier League.

But don't forget. He's "ruthless." Did you know that? It's the kind of thing that makes teenage boys and sociopaths and hierarchy-lovers very excited. Ruthless, I tell you. Maybe that will help Spurs. Who knows?

“ANGE WAS ALWAYS VERY COLD WITH HIS PLAYERS. (HE’S) NOT WARMING AND DOESN’T REALLY SPEAK TO THEM BUT I GENUINELY BELIEVE HE WASN’T LIKE THAT WHEN HE FIRST WENT THROUGH THE DOORS AT CELTIC. HE HAD TO GIVE MORE. BUT WITH THE EXPERIENCE HE HAS GAINED AND THE AMOUNT OF KNOWLEDGE HE HAS – AND THE AMOUNT OF WINNING HE’S HAD – HE’S NOT A STUPID MAN. HE UNDERSTANDS AND HE KNEW WHAT HE HAD TO DO. NOW HE CAN STEP BACK. HE’S EARNED THAT RIGHT. EVERYONE KNOWS WHO HE IS AND HE’S GOT THEIR RESPECT NOW."

[All caps from original]

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Doesn't matter

Getting top 4 in 2010 was huge. We were right with them with 2 games to go. How our respective fortunes could have been so different if we had beaten Man City and Crouch doesn't score that goal.

On 06/06/2023 at 14:45, Zatman said:

Well Celtic are a bigger club than Spurs for a start

No chance. Tinpot bigoted club in a tiny non event of a country. Their global fanbase doesn't exist outside of Ireland or people of Irish descent. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

See this argument I just don't get it...

The definition of a big club these days is global reach; PL is the best league in the World according to FIFA rankings, SPL is 17/18th.

Take a look at the social media pages of both clubs are draw a comparison. Again the difference is vast e.g. Tottenham = 15m, Celtic = 740k

Sponsorship, money, players all are a higher standard and hence Tottenham are a bigger club, things have changed drastically.

Celtic and Rangers fans are forever talking about how the clubs are global powerhouses yet they really aren't; they consistently find their players and managers poached to improve and progress their own careers.

You'll find Celtic and Rangers themed bars all around the world, Spurs may have an inflated social media following from their recent success and being in the PL, but they will never be on the same planet as the old firm.

Ajax are constantly having their players and managers nicked as well, but I suppose they're a tiny club because their domestic league isn't one that has been flooded with TV money as well

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gareth Postecoglu

Its even funnier because Postecoglu is actually Greek for Southgate.

Spoiler

Seriously.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

OK, not really. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

You'll find Celtic and Rangers themed bars all around the world, Spurs may have an inflated social media following from their recent success and being in the PL, but they will never be on the same planet as the old firm.

Ajax are constantly having their players and managers nicked as well, but I suppose they're a tiny club because their domestic league isn't one that has been flooded with TV money as well

They are just jumping on the Irish thing, that's why. Tourism.

The facts are advertising, revenue, sponsorship, social media, quality of players are the driving factors as to what constitutes a big club. It is not who drinks in whatever pub, this notion is so old-fashioned and out of touch. Old firm can't compete...English football has always been popular around the world and continues to be that way, it was popular before SKY.

Ajax are up there for sure, partially due to them winning all of the major European trophies, Johan Cruyff, stylised football. They also have embraced sponsorship, marketing etc and they have a wonderful stadium.

Reminds me I went to a League Cup final at Parkhead once, it is by far the worst ground I've ever been too. S***hole, place is falling apart...

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

They are just jumping on the Irish thing, that's why. Tourism.

The facts are advertising, revenue, sponsorship, social media, quality of players are the driving factors as to what constitutes a big club. It is not who drinks in whatever pub, this notion is so old-fashioned and out of touch. Old firm can't compete...English football has always been popular around the world and continues to be that way, it was popular before SKY.

Ajax are up there for sure, partially due to them winning all of the major European trophies, Johan Cruyff, stylised football. They also have embraced sponsorship, marketing etc and they have a wonderful stadium.

Reminds me I went to a League Cup final at Parkhead once, it is by far the worst ground I've ever been too. S***hole, place is falling apart...

I really wouldn't call a Rangers themed bar an Irish thing 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â