VillaGoMarching

49 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Perfect player to play on the break which is Nunos only tactic it seems!?

Without looking I imagine El Ghazi has more goals and assists than him since we got promoted. People would laugh if we were offered 40 million for him

Guy is living off his one strength

It’s still bizarre he didn’t start one game the year we went down. Sherwood and Garde both deciding Scott Sinclair was a better player… I reckon this is the first Villa XI since he was here he wouldn’t walk into.

Wouldn’t mind him going to Spurs at all though - yes, he’s a nightmare to defend against, so quick and strong but his end product is still appalling. 7 goals and 15 assists in 105 games for Wolves. That’s a goal contribution every 5 games for a winger in a team that finished top 7 in two  of those three seasons.

Edited by Cizzler

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Without looking I imagine El Ghazi has more goals and assists than him since we got promoted. People would laugh if we were offered 40 million for him

he got 2 goals and 2 assists last season and his first of either didn't come until week 30, played 37 games total 2643 mins, he has 12 goals in 177 games in english football

el ghazi got 10 goals 0 assists in 28 games, total 1612 mins, 20 in 95 games in england

i don't particularly rate el ghazi but he's better than traore, id put traore down as wolves 4th choice winger after podence, trincao and neto and he'd be competing with trez for 5th choice at villa, bailey, traore, buendia, el ghazi all better than him

he's unbelievably quick...but doesn't even know how to use his speed and its not like spurs will get something out of him that no one else could seeing as its the same coach

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he got 2 goals and 2 assists last season and his first of either didn't come until week 30, played 37 games total 2643 mins, he has 12 goals in 177 games in english football

el ghazi got 10 goals 0 assists in 28 games, total 1612 mins, 20 in 95 games in england

i don't particularly rate el ghazi but he's better than traore, id put traore down as wolves 4th choice winger after podence, trincao and neto and he'd be competing with trez for 5th choice at villa, bailey, traore, buendia, el ghazi all better than him

he's unbelievably quick...but doesn't even know how to use his speed and its not like spurs will get something out of him that no one else could seeing as its the same coach

Agree, the problem is the idiotic media praise him as some game changer. Danny Murphy demanding he comes on in the Euros vs a Swedish defence  camped in there own box

• Like 1

i'll be honest and say i didn't watch lots of wolves last season but i did funnily enough watch the game vs spurs, the night game at xmas

i thought that in general his team mates looked reluctant to give him the ball, he didn't do much, wasn't that involved but the thing that stuck with me was he played like i'd never seen a winger play before, he played basically on the right in front of the left back, very very rarely ever looked to run behind him for then the midfielder to pick him out, never played in to the space, instead what he was doing was coming deep to get the ball in to his feet and then he was standing up the left back...he slowed the game down to a crawl fronting up the defender, then trying to accelerate past him with varying degrees of success, he was doing to himself what you are taught as a defender to do to a winger, it was bizarre 

You never know how a player will get on at a new club, apart from Adama to Spurs. You can absolutely tell how it’ll go.

He’ll score 2 rockets from outside the box, get 1 assist and be useless the rest of the season.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison

Check it out. Last 2 seasons. ElGhazi has 15 goals to Adama's 6. Adama has way more assists.

image.png.a2c22951b7746d25d8d3e25d4a02649d.png

image.png

Edited by desensitized43

His goals and assists stats are not good but u think Adama causes so many problems he's still a major threat. I can see him doing well at Spurs. 

He's been unplayable these first two games but once again his end product has been missing. I think wolves are a weaker team without him. 

El Ghazi has scored fifteen goals in sixty-four premier league appearances, six of those goals have been penalties, Adama Traore has made one hundred forty-two appearances in the premier league and scored seven goals, even allowing for the fact that El Ghazi takes penalties he's still got a much better goal scoring record than Adama, the most goals Adama has scored in a premier season has been four, his career best so far is five goals in the championship for Middlesbrough.

34 minutes ago, useless said:

El Ghazi has scored fifteen goals in sixty-four premier league appearances, six of those goals have been penalties, Adama Traore has made one hundred forty-two appearances in the premier league and scored seven goals, even allowing for the fact that El Ghazi takes penalties he's still got a much better goal scoring record than Adama, the most goals Adama has scored in a premier season has been four, his career best so far is five goals in the championship for Middlesbrough.

I appreciate that El Ghazi still has a better record, I'm just saying that comparing open play goals to open play goals makes for a fairer comparison.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Nevermind El Ghazi, Traore's end product in terms of PL goals and assists compares unfavourably to Hourihane, by quite some margin. Forty million **** pounds?!

The worst thing being his stats for taking players on, beating players, ball carries in to the box, progressions all of that stuff (xG nerds will have a field day with him) will be sky high

His successful take ons must be one of the highest in the league

In that context his goal contributions look even worse 

Well El Ghazi has still scored more goals than Adama in the premier league even if you take away his penalties, and he's played less than half of the amount of game time that Adama has played, so his goals scoring record is still way far better.

Also not even sure why you'd want to take away El Ghazi's penalties, he's taking them for us because he's very good at them and deemed our best penalty taker, we're not allowing him to take them as a favor to him to boost his numbers, the fact that he is taking them is to his credit, I imagine Adama would be way down the list of penalty takers for Wolves because his finishing in general play is very poor.

It's not down to bad luck that Traore doesn't take penalties for Wolves and El Ghazi isn't taking our penalties as a favor from us to him, that El Ghazi takes them and Adama doesn't, points to another thing that El Ghazi is better at than Adama.

With all that said I do think Adama is the better all round player, but El Ghazi has better end product which ever way you want to freak it.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 16:46, DCJonah said:

His goals and assists stats are not good but u think Adama causes so many problems he's still a major threat. I can see him doing well at Spurs. 

He's been unplayable these first two games but once again his end product has been missing. I think wolves are a weaker team without him. 

Unplayable but with a missing end product. 

Sounds exactly like the Traore that Villa sold to Middlesbrough. 

For some reason I don't want Traore to succeed. I like when I see that he still runs with the ball like he's about to be the best player in the world and then doesn't beat the first man with his cross. Players who need coaching on what to do with the ball when they get into good positions won't succeed at the top level and anyone who buys him for £45million has been swindled.

Â