VillaGoMarching

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Agreed, it's all bullshite to save face. Nuno said he didn't no what was going on and it needs to be delt with internally. Didn't sound like anyone knew he was due back tomorrow (Saturday) for training as normal. Even baldy has said he is waiting for Tottenham to make a decision, so I think Kane was trying to force the move, by missing training instead of handing in a transfer request, as this would be moody and he would lose the huge loyalty bonus they get.

Yes sounds about right. There was talk the other day of him being fined a huge amount into 6 figures and he waits till now to chirp. He's a wrong'un.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes sounds about right. There was talk the other day of him being fined a huge amount into 6 figures and he waits till now to chirp. He's a wrong'un.

Think the key here is "there was talk". We know better than most how much bs there is in paper talk.

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, it's not really a plausible option to be fair.

It’s a fans thing isn’t it “let him rot in the reserves for 4 years on £10m a year”. 

Yeah sure :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s a fans thing isn’t it “let him rot in the reserves for 4 years on £10m a year”. 

Yeah sure :lol: 

Yes, exactly. If I was managing an office team who had a weekly kickabout, and Dave the goalie snogged my wife at the Christmas party, I could tell him he had to come to training but just not pick him for games until he either apologised or found something else to do with his free time, and it wouldn't matter at all. Petty vengeance would be plausible there.

But Kane is both an asset worth more than a hundred million pounds, and an employee paid nearly a million pounds a month. They have to make a business decision, not a personal bitterness one, and the business decision is either pay him and play him on the one hand, or sell him on the other.

• Like 1

Wonder if City have been thinking about linking Grealish and Kane up together for a while. A lot of positive vibes between them from the England camps. They forgot about one variable. Levy , he's a melt but stands his ground.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wonder if City have been thinking about linking Grealish and Kane up together for a while. A lot of positive vibes between them from the England camps. They forgot about one variable. Levy , he's a melt but stands his ground.

They didnt look they could play together for England mainly because Kane thought he was a midfielder 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They didnt look they could play together for England mainly because Kane thought he was a midfielder 

I’d have serious doubts about Kane based on his Euros performances, probably just a blip for some reason but for the kind of package needed to prize him out you’d want to be certain.

Spurs attacking options if Kane is unavailable for next weekend v Man. City:

Son

Bergwijn

Lucas Moura

Dele Alli

That's it baring a 17 year old striker they also have.

Nuno going to park the bus even more v them than Mourinho.

Vital we get off to a good start as think Spurs will have a pretty slow start to the season.

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs attacking options if Kane is unavailable for next weekend v Man. City:

Son

Bergwijn

Lucas Moura

Dele Alli

That's it baring a 17 year old striker they also have.

Nuno going to park the bus even more v them than Mourinho.

Vital we get off to a good start as think Spurs will have a pretty slow start to the season.

Looks like Martinez is coming in for £60m. That'll help.

58 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Great from Spurs, and the stadium (only home fans) clapped Saka on to the pitch when he was brought on.

I bet Saka just wants to crack on and not be reminded of missing a penalty everywhere he goes (assuming the online abuse has also stopped).

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

To replace Kane?

The stuff I read suggested not, and Spurs wanted Kane and Martinez to play together (but I guess all the Buendia stuff was about him playing with JG too...).

However the deal looks further away than I thought when I wrote that. As @VillaChris said above, doesn't look like Martinez is massively keen. Spurs looking like less of a pull than in years gone by...

Well this is just adorable 

Tottenham are one of several clubs to have made an offer to Lionel Messi, according to shock reports in South America. The Barcelona icon struggled to hold back the tears this morning as he spoke at the Camp Nou in a press conference which confirmed his departure, as he prepares to move onto pastures new.

During the press conference, Messi confirmed that he'd received a number of offers since Barcelona released the statement confirming his departure.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1473993/Tottenham-transfer-news-Lionel-Messi-offer-PSG-medical-planned

Â