Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I need to add a string to my televisual cameo bow (which thus far consists solely of me, aged 7, running away from a man in a dinosaur suit on 'That's Life' at the National History Museum).  My missus' Mum boasts the most impressive record amongst us thus far, having been a contestant on Millionaire (but not getting in the chair) and also giving faux-first aid to Gyles Brandreth on some local news snippet.

I came third in a cross country race at some sort of country bumpkin olympic games that was shown on "Heart of the Country" once. You could also see me desperately trying to get into the shot when they were filming Derek Redmond and Sharon Davies, who were also there.

• Like 1

My Facebook feed, which primarily contains people from the Birmingham/Warwickshire area was hilarious this morning. Legions of Manchester United and Liverpool fans bickering about whether 20 league titles or 5 European cups was the greater achievement.  

I understand that there are millions of people out there who like to be on the winning team, but remain frustrated by the phenomenon we are currently experiencing where an ever increasing number of people (globally) are supporting an ever decreasing number of clubs.

If you move the debate to Spain for a second where they don't have collective bargaining in their TV deals you will see where it is going to end up. Real Madrid and Barcelona both get about £140m a season from TV deals. Valencia and Atletico Madrid are the next biggest earners with about £35m. How can they compete? And if they cant compete why the hell would anybody who decides to get into Spanish football tomorrow decide to support them if they have no chance of winning anything? They cant even reliably draw on the support of people in their own city or region these days because the people who live there think they are shit compared to the big boys who play 300 miles up the road. If those people decide to support Real Madrid or Barcelona instead then it just drives more income to the teams and the top and the gap continues to get wider. How can you break that cycle?

Sharon Davies. I can't decide whether I fancy her or not. She should be attractive. I think she's just the wrong side of big and muscly.

Sharon Davies. I can't decide whether I fancy her or not. She should be attractive. I think she's just the wrong side of big and muscly.

I don't think I could ever fancy someone who looks more manly than I do myself.

So... by extension Shillzz is quite likely to be BOF's type.  :detect:

Â