Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

when looking at job vacancies online they will write a mahoosive **** description of the job in question without actually telling you a **** thing about what the job entails.

There is a job that I am looking at and I think I am interested in it but I'm not sure because there is so much **** jargon in the description that I dont actually know what I would be doing, the only way that you can find out is by actually applying for it which in turn means that I would be walking into the interview blind

don't they realize that by over complicating adverts they probably scare off more potential candidates than they actually attract

If I was applying for a job to be a fish feeder I would expect it to say something along the lines of

do you want to be a professional fish feeder?

if this interests you and you meet the requirements below then by all means apply

1-must not be afraid of fish

2-must be capable enough to not overfeed fish

3-must not be a cat

I would look at that and think 'hell I can do that' I quite fancy being a professional fish feeder I'm going to go for that

It's probably an agency ad.

There's no specific description because there's no specific job. They just want you to "apply" so that you'll join their agency and they'll find you a job from there. They're effectively advertising for a type of employee as opposed to advertising a job.

Not saying it IS that. But that's what it sounds like. I encountered plenty of those when I was looking for jobs.

when looking at job vacancies online they will write a mahoosive **** description of the job in question without actually telling you a **** thing about what the job entails.

There is a job that I am looking at and I think I am interested in it but I'm not sure because there is so much **** jargon in the description that I dont actually know what I would be doing, the only way that you can find out is by actually applying for it which in turn means that I would be walking into the interview blind

don't they realize that by over complicating adverts they probably scare off more potential candidates than they actually attract

If I was applying for a job to be a fish feeder I would expect it to say something along the lines of

do you want to be a professional fish feeder?

if this interests you and you meet the requirements below then by all means apply

1-must not be afraid of fish

2-must be capable enough to not overfeed fish

3-must not be a cat

I would look at that and think 'hell I can do that' I quite fancy being a professional fish feeder I'm going to go for that

It's probably an agency ad.

There's no specific description because there's no specific job. They just want you to "apply" so that you'll join their agency and they'll find you a job from there. They're effectively advertising for a type of employee as opposed to advertising a job.

Not saying it IS that. But that's what it sounds like. I encountered plenty of those when I was looking for jobs.

Nah its an internal vacancy, so a job is there somewhere, I have tried requesting more info from the HR department and all that they do is copy and paste what is already advertised.

Stone Roses

Fans of Stone Roses

Young adult children 'fans' of Stone Roses

Ronnie O'Sullivan

People who dont like Stone Roses

People who are not fans of the Stone Roses

The children of adults that dont like the Stone Roses

Stephen hendry

• Like 1

Young adult children 'fans' of  xxxxx

increasingly see The Who , the Stones  or The Ramones T-Shirts for small children in the stores 

WTF is that all about .. Do parents buy them for their kids in an attempt to start music snobbery debates in the playgrounds ?

Edited by tonyh29

That tacky cadburys crispello advert where the annoying 'quirky' word removed of a girl hits on her boyfriends dad. I really hate it. It makes me feel uneasy.

Maybe I just have trust issues when it comes to women and I'm over analysing it. Or maybe it really is a vile advert.

That tacky cadburys crispello advert where the annoying 'quirky' word removed of a girl hits on her boyfriends dad. I really hate it. It makes me feel uneasy.

Maybe I just have trust issues when it comes to women and I'm over analysing it. Or maybe it really is a vile advert.

You got to feel for the girl, her boyfriend is an uptight weirdo who's failing to be impressive and has a sticky out collar.

And the Dad seems like quite a good catch, irresistible really, he can parallel park smoothly, an expert roast beef carver and makes corduroy and argyle work, you can't really blame her for wanting to see what's underneath.

And anyway, why are they out in the woods? A lot of weird stuff goes on out there they could be indulging in some weird family tradition offering up practice and she's just getting the ball rolling. Carving roast beef and parallel parking could be euphemisms.

And even if it's not, she's tried her hardest, brought a band out to the woods and everything, you can't knock a girl for trying.

Plus, he thinks it's lovely so that's all that matters really.

If you're going to hate anyone Cadbury's related, hate this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8wcWT7XpUk

His facial hair looks like poo and he's still getting ladies.

• Like 1

Normally when I do a poo beard the ladies run off with a horrified look on their faces.

To be fair, they do that anyway :(

Because you have tuna breath.

the-people-s-eyebrow-o.gif

• Like 1

Normally when I do a poo beard the ladies run off with a horrified look on their faces.

To be fair, they do that anyway :(

Because you have tuna breath.

the-people-s-eyebrow-o.gif

tumblr_mcu0ilj5Uy1rfsim9o1_500.gif

• Like 1

The word February.

Does anyone actually pronounce it Feb-roo-ary?

Or Feb-u-ary?

The correct pronunciation is the top one, but surely nobody ever says it like that?

I pronounce the "R" after the "B".

But I get more of a Feb-roo-ry when I say it. I don't really pronounce that "A".

Not sure if that's more or less wrong! :)

It's different!

I'm asking becuase i've just heard someone say it 'correctly' but then realised that is not the norm. I think Leemond's pronunciation is the most common. But still 'wrong' ;)

The word February.

Does anyone actually pronounce it Feb-roo-ary?

Or Feb-u-ary?

The correct pronunciation is the top one, but surely nobody ever says it like that?

I pronounce it No-phem-baa

But when does right become wrong?

If everyone pronounces it Feb-U-ary, then surely that is the correct way to say it?

Absolutely not! Most people don't know particle physics. Does that make particle physicists wrong? Point being, the majority should not dictate what's right just because most people do it wrong. Dangerous way of doing things (although I appreciate that the pronunciation of February is quite low down in that list of risks :))

Â