Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The Suarez defence force.  Liverpool fans taking to Facebook and Twitter to complain bitterly that when Defoe bit Mascherano in 2006 there wasn't a shitstorm.   

Facebook had been open to the public for a grand total of four weeks when the Defoe/Mascherano incident happened.  It probably didn't hit a critical mass until 2010. 

Twitter was soft launched in late 2006, it didn't really exist outside of a small group of people in California until 2007 and again, didn't hit a critical mass until 2010 or 2011. 

Broadcast media didn't really start paying attention to what social media was saying until 2010 or 2011, now the angles it takes are almost dictated by it. 

So I guess the claim that Defoe got off lightly in his trial by media is true, but the implication that he got away with it because he is English and Suarez is being hammered because a foreigner who we all like to pick on because he is foreign who plays for Liverpool (who the media have clearly got an agenda against) is insulting to my intelligence. 

• Like 2

Sorry Rev but you need to understand, it's a cultural thing. In Uruguay, it's totally acceptable to bite someone.

(I can't believe I read that excuse on my facebook thread this morning).

• Like 2

Sorry Rev but you need to understand, it's a cultural thing. In Uruguay, it's totally acceptable to bite someone.

(I can't believe I read that excuse on my facebook thread this morning).

^^ That must have been a joke as it was the excuse given to the use of the 'N' word he used towards Patrice Evra.

Maybe it's just socially acceptable to be an utter bastard in Uruguay all the time or something.  I mean, have any of us actually ever been to Uruguay to check?   

This might be controversial,

Public breastfeeding.

My cousin, who's just had a baby, has tweeted a picture of her breastfeeding her baby.

Keep that shit to yourself, thanks.

Bought some fish from Tescos yesterday. SeaBass to be precise.

It had been filleted & boned, but for some inexplicable reason, not scaled. I didn't notice this, presuming that any prepped dish would have been scaled. It made for the most disgusting Sunday lunch of all time, leaving me rather pissed off.

I'm ok with public breastfeeding - but no need to tweet that shit.

True story - about 8 weeks after Princess Eames was born we went to Bath on  a hen weekend. (I went as baby sitter so Mrs E could go out and get pissed etc)  

Anyway, we check out of the hotel put decide to wander into Bath again to use the free hotel parking for as long as possible. On return we decided to give the aforementioned child a quick feed before we left for home. We find a quiet corner of the hotel lobby and Mrs E whips out a chesticle and starts to feed. Literally 5 seconds after she starts a set of double doors opposite opens and out poors in its entirity, the full Saracens Squad. I swear the **** must have walked in and out about 5 times just to wind Mrs E up.

Was I going to do anything about it? Was I ****. I have never seen bigger men.

This might be controversial,

Public breastfeeding.

My cousin, who's just had a baby, has tweeted a picture of her breastfeeding her baby.

Keep that shit to yourself, thanks.

Yeah, if you're going to do it, keep it discreet.

Women that exhibit their breasfeeding like a badge of honour - weird women.

• Like 1

I guess I should have specified it to "overly" public breastfeeding.

If I saw a woman breastfeeding I wouldn't be annoyed. But tweeting it is weird.

Also, the defence that "it's the most natural thing in the world". That's bullshit. It's perfectly natural for me to pull the pope's cap off but they still locked me up when I did it on the train.

• Like 3

Â