Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

If ever a post needed a bit of context...

Well, it was during a gaming session (okay, in retrospect, that should have been my first clue). In my defence, he had a really feminine voice, and a girl's name (Sydney ffs?). It was only after he left and I mentioned to one of the other guys there "she seemed nice" that someone broke the news...

P.S. I am not a gay paedophile.

Edited by Davkaus

Anyone remember that picture someone posted on here about 5 years ago with the question, "Would you or wouldn't you"?

People were diving in saying yeah this girl was amazing...turned out it was a 12 year old son of some famous actor.

Just had a look for the thread but I can find it anywhere, or remember what it was even called.

I'm currently writing my dissertation. I'm sat here at 2am, writing a 12,000 word essay and I'm not getting distracted by Facebook. Not by other forums. But by the literature itself. The very stuff I'm writing my essay on.

Getting a doctors appointment for 1pm. Too late to really have the morning off, too early to have the afternoon off, so I'm having to go into work for 2.5 hours, come home, then go back for another 2.5 hours to go home again.

This is especially annoying as I hate my commute.

Edited by Chindie

Getting a doctors appointment for 1pm. Too late to really have the morning off, too early to have the afternoon off, so I'm having to go into work for 2.5 hours, come home, then go back for another 2.5 hours to go home again.

A certain individual in my workplace takes atleast 2 strategically planned medical appointments every month, thus engineering himself a morning or afternoon off on each occasion. It's infuriating that he get's away with it, because it's common knowledge that he's setting up his own business and is using our time to pay for it.

(We don't dock pay for medical appointments).

On a similar note, 

I've been told I'm a potential match for someone needing a bone marrow transplant (I'm on the donor register). But they need to take some blood samples to find out, but I have to ring up and arrange all the blood samples myself with my doctor.

That's a really small annoyance, and it's worth it coz I'll be doing a good thing. but it still annoys me a bit :)

On a similar note, 

I've been told I'm a potential match for someone needing a bone marrow transplant (I'm on the donor register). But they need to take some blood samples to find out, but I have to ring up and arrange all the blood samples myself with my doctor.

That's a really small annoyance, and it's worth it coz I'll be doing a good thing. but it still annoys me a bit :)

Good effort, I considered going on the transplant list and thought better of it in all honesty. I can't see me ever submitting myself into a Hospital voluntarily, atleast not when my local happens to be The Newport Gwent. Eurgh.

Anyone remember that picture someone posted on here about 5 years ago with the question, "Would you or wouldn't you"?

People were diving in saying yeah this girl was amazing...turned out it was a 12 year old son of some famous actor.

Just had a look for the thread but I can find it anywhere, or remember what it was even called.

I remember that, think it was Demi Moore's son... but could be wrong.

I remember that, think it was Demi Moore's son... but could be wrong.

Cindy Crawfords son

when looking at job vacancies online they will write a mahoosive **** description of the job in question without actually telling you a **** thing about what the job entails.

There is a job that I am looking at and I think I am interested in it but I'm not sure because there is so much **** jargon in the description that I dont actually know what I would be doing, the only way that you can find out is by actually applying for it which in turn means that I would be walking into the interview blind

don't they realize that by over complicating adverts they probably scare off more potential candidates than they actually attract

If I was applying for a job to be a fish feeder I would expect it to say something along the lines of

do you want to be a professional fish feeder?

if this interests you and you meet the requirements below then by all means apply

1-must not be afraid of fish

2-must be capable enough to not overfeed fish

3-must not be a cat

I would look at that and think 'hell I can do that' I quite fancy being a professional fish feeder I'm going to go for that

There are supervisors who don't allow their subordinates to go for appointments during office hours, period.

Then again, there are supervisors who give their subordinates the entire day off, regardless of the time of the appointment.

Personally, as long as work gets done I don't see any logical reason why as a general rule bosses should make workers come into the office for such pitiful amounts of time.

Â