Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

my neighbour has spend the whole easter weekend taking his motorbike out of his garage and revving the engine, not going anywhere, just getting the bike out every morning around 10am and 7.30 on an evening and just revving the tits off it for 20 minutes at a time

you may possibly live next to my dad!

is it an old git with a couple of BSA's being prepped for show season?

me: what you doing today dad?

dad: ooh I think there's some shit in the carb and I've a show coming up next week, so I'm gonna try and blow it out

me; Abyssinia

Enders thread resurrections! 

Oi!     :)

i like to liven up the front page a bit, off-topic can get boring sometimes with the same 15 threads on the first page.

why does that piss you off?   :blink:

my neighbour has spend the whole easter weekend taking his motorbike out of his garage and revving the engine, not going anywhere, just getting the bike out every morning around 10am and 7.30 on an evening and just revving the tits off it for 20 minutes at a time

you may possibly live next to my dad!

is it an old git with a couple of BSA's being prepped for show season?

me: what you doing today dad?

dad: ooh I think there's some shit in the carb and I've a show coming up next week, so I'm gonna try and blow it out

me; Abyssinia

Sounds like the bloke next door the my gf. Lovely bloke all-round but every Sunday he puts his leathers on, sits on his bike revving away like a good-un and then drives off only to return five minutes later for another five minutes of extreme revving before going back inside. Same routine every week and its the only time in the week he ever uses the bike.

P's me off on two fronts. Obviously the unnecessary revving but also the fact that his awesome bike sits there all week doing nothing.

Stuff never just going straightforward at work, there's always some degree of complication.

Not helped by me basically spending the last 2 weeks on my tod, as my department is 3 people and one is a sales guy so is rarely in the office and the other, my boss, is on holiday. Its amazing how isolated you can be in an office of 80 people when your team is basically it's own thing.

It's basically interval training on exercise bikes (they're called Spin bikes, hence the name)

But it's tough, really tough. But you control how fast you pedal (obviously) and the resistance on the bike. So even though the instructor tells you waht to do, it's down to you how hard you push.

Most people push hard, as you should. I finish the class basically falling off my bike covered in sweat.

But there's the odd few (normally middle aged women) who just tootle along like they're on a Sunday afternoon bike ride and chat through the whole thing.

Just seems pointless. Save yourself the hassle.

people using imo in posts. Of course its your opinion its why you posted it  :bang:

Oh man, yeh. It's like an auto-defense mechanism against potential criticism, I guess, but it's sooooooo unnecessary tbqh

I use it if I'm posting something that could be construed as me regurgitating something from elsewhere or if a particularly controversial discussion requires it. I agree it's not necessary in most posts, but it can be in some, for clarity's sake. And clarity's good innit.

• Like 2

That really boils my piss. When someone ends a sentence with "fact" when it clearly isn't fact at all.

It's bad enough when someone is actually quoting a fact. But when it's something like "Bannan is better than Delph...FACT" it annoys me

Having to explain your whole entire thought process of how you came to a decision on something to someone, only to eventually, once they've asked why you didn't do x or y, answered with because of a and b, reach the exact same conclusion that you'd come to in a split second in your head because you're in possession of all the details, but it's now taken both of you 10 minutes discussing the same thing.

It's basically interval training on exercise bikes (they're called Spin bikes, hence the name)

But it's tough, really tough. But you control how fast you pedal (obviously) and the resistance on the bike. So even though the instructor tells you waht to do, it's down to you how hard you push.

Most people push hard, as you should. I finish the class basically falling off my bike covered in sweat.

But there's the odd few (normally middle aged women) who just tootle along like they're on a Sunday afternoon bike ride and chat through the whole thing.

Just seems pointless. Save yourself the hassle.

I get your point, some people don't have the motivation and the drive that you do. I don't really, not when it comes to fitness levels (plus I have an underlying fear of burning muscle), that's why I don't take those classes often. When I do, it's balls the the wall, I leave everything I have on the bike.

That said, at least they're there. They're doing something. I find it a bit counter productive to knock people for going to the gym and doing something.

Having to explain your whole entire thought process of how you came to a decision on something to someone, only to eventually, once they've asked why you didn't do x or y, answered with because of a and b, reach the exact same conclusion that you'd come to in a split second in your head because you're in possession of all the details, but it's now taken both of you 10 minutes discussing the same thing.

So, let me get this straight... you explain your thought process on how you came to this decision. And then, when they ask why you didn't do x or y, you explain that you did it because of a and b?

Then they reach the exact same conclusion that you'd come to in a split second in your head because you were in possession of all the details?

Oh, RIGHT. I get it.

• Like 1

Â