Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Safestyle double glazing adverts, from working in the trade I know there shit at everything from sales to installation, but **** me those adverts

Yeah I had one of their "salesmen" at my place...even did the "I'll just phone the office" routine.

Must think we are all **** dummies, the clearing in the woods

Something is definitely not right with my heart but I can't work out, I think it might be palpitations though looking online I can't really find anything that quite matches my symptoms. There is a history of men with dodgy hearts running down both sides of my family so that doesn't fill me with a lot of hope.

I think I'll go to the doctors next week, I just hope they don't want to take blood.

I've had palpitations before. It can be a sign of stress or anxiety, amongst other things, but is rarely a sign of heart problems (I've been to the Dr and have a full Bupa health check every 2 years).

I most often get it now as part of a hangover. It's to do with blood pressure and your body needing to fast track blood around in a bid to clean itself. It started when I hit 30.

Go to the Dr as it'll put your mind at rest - and stressing out about it will make it worse. If your heart was in trouble you wouldn't be getting palpitations, you'd be in agony and puking up.

How much coffee do you drink?

I used to get palpatations quite a lot but they've stopped since I cut down on coffee/smoking etc.

I don't drink coffee but I do drink a lot of tea, I'd say at least 4 cups while I'm at work and then maybe one when I get home, over the weekends maybe only 2-3 times per day.

I did wonder if that might have something to do with it.

Well I don't drink Alcohol so we can rule that out and apart from this heart thing, I guess I don't really have a whole lot to be feeling stressed about.

Work has been pretty flat out for a while and I haven't taken much time off in quite a while, I've even had to carry some over this year but still I wouldn't say it's that stressful, I'm a pretty laid back person.

I have started to exercise recently as I was doing next to nothing and I'm planning on getting into the 5 a side league at work so there's something that could cause problems. I guess my diet isn't brilliant, I'm a healthy weight and size so it's not like I've overwight or anything.

I guess we'll see what the doctor says.

Thanks guys!

David Bowie has released a song. Just one song, like. And it's OK. Nothing earth-shattering, but pleasant enough.

It makes FRONT PAGE NEWS in several British dailies, including The Guardian, which leads with it as the main headline and picture.

**** right off.

It's not even that good but I've heard all the usual crap "return to form", "back to his best"...

Emperors new clothes for me, it's very very very dull, boring and nondescript.

This one actually does fit the original intention of the topic,,,, I think

A while back there was the opportunity in work to get promoted from supervisor to manager, I didn't apply because the hours din't suit me (every Fri and Sat night shift). I was also happy with the other additional roles that I have within the company (which I still am).

The guy who got the job (who imo is totally inexperienced for the role but a nice bloke) should have settled in by now and I've given him as much assistance as possible during that settling in period but now it really is beginning to piss me off. He really shouldn't by now, be coming to me to ask my advice all the time, he's my manager ffs!

On the one hand its a piece of piss to wrap him around my little finger but on the other hand it is stating to grate on me intensely that I'm doing his job for him de facto.

Its grating on me that much I wonder if I can survive by resigning and working as a driver full time again (and that makes no economic sense whatsoever). I can't which probably compounds the problem.

And I really don't want his job but I can't help feeling that he's supposed to be my boss but I appear to be running the place when I'm the longest serving supervisor and he's the manager. Even senior management get me to sort stuff out when he's on duty with me and its a choice between me and him. Anything important gets sorted by me, anything daft and stupid that only a manager can sort out (because of house protocol) gets sorted by him but all the "off the cuff" decisions are mine, that he relays to the rest of the staff because he's asked me what I think.

Methinks it's time to stop helping him.

I'm very much anti-Morgan but even I'd say that he IS morally superior to Lance Armstrong. We're talking about a man here who is the biggest cheat and liar in the history of any sport.

One is a lying shit.

The other is a lying shit that is very good at riding a bike.

Armstrong wins on points.

As for "the biggest cheat and liar in the history of any sport" - well, apart from every other pro cyclist. I still don't trust Sir Bradley, TBH.

The Turkish satellite TV company, Digiturk, have taken off Premier League TV and dissolved it into their existing sports package. Ok, I still get the games but now I don't get any half-time analysis, re-runs of games, James Richardson and worst of all during the game they squeeze the picture, to fit ads in.

I always liked their little fact-files and cult heroes sections and also it had Andy Townsend spacking around with his touch screen.

Whilst clearing the snow off my drive, oh-so-witty passers by that say/shout 'you can do mine next mate!'

Yes, of course I will. Right after I've removed my spade from your head.

See also: 'You can do mine next!' whilst cleaning my car.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Â