Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Can I test if there are exceptions to the rule.

I was in a traffic jam behind a bad accident a couple of weeks ago, one of those where after an hour people were wandering around stretching their legs and all that. Anyhoo, with the other side of the road still running so cars over there doing 70 or 80mph.

I was quite close to one of those breaks in the barrier that was cones and after a while a few people ‘snapped’ the tall plastic bollards off their bases to make enough room to squeeze through and turn back the other way. So that’s what people were doing, from a standing start U turning in to the outside lane of on coming traffic.

After a few near misses and screeches of brakes and beeping and my mental maths working out it was my windscreen that would be brain spattered, I phoned the police. My car has some sort of location gizmo so when they pick up the phone the emergency services already know where I am. 

It was all very exciting, they sent the helicopter out which came over some fields and straight to me, the helicopter observed a few cars doing it and then a police car arrived and just parked itself in the newly created gap.

But I would drive to the front of a queue when it feels ‘legit’.

Thats a good citizen, alerting them to idiots, merge in turn is the brexit of motoring, it splits families.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Another great feeling is flying down a bus lane outside of its hours of operation while everyone else sits in the other lane for absolutely no reason

Even better in Liverpool, they did away with all the non-city centre bus lanes but the markings are still there, years later they still look like bus lanes and if you miss the single bus lanes not active signs....

My absolute favourite of these is the one leading to the airport. People in the outside lane doing 30 or below because the 40 repeaters are badly spaced, meanwhile those in the know shoot down at 40 on the inside lane with a big thick white line between the lanes

47 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Trying to move photos from an iPhone onto a Windows laptop, to backup on a Google cloud drive is so unnecessarily difficult. Takes about 10 seconds with an Android phone

But surely they are already backed up on iCloud? 

8 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Trying to move photos from an iPhone onto a Windows laptop, to backup on a Google cloud drive is so unnecessarily difficult. Takes about 10 seconds with an Android phone

I use an app called simple transfer, it’s brilliant. You can transfer them in the albums you’ve created on your iphone too.

1) Open the app on your phone

2) Open a browser window on your laptop

3) Enter the web address

4) Boom, you can now see all the photos on your phone on your laptop. Select the folder and click download. 

IMG-0052.jpg

It cost a couple of quid for the full version but it’s well worth it.

P.s. Dont you have the google photos app on your phone? Mine backup to google as soon as the picture hits the photos app.

Edited by Genie

8 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

If you have the google photos app on your phone you don’t even need to move photos to a laptop then to google cloud.

• Like 2

The mother in law, a nasty, selfish pain in the arse who does nothing for anyone.

Putting the sob story on my wife because she can’t get her dog into kennels for a full week so she can’t go on holiday again.

They have a caravan in Wales, and they’ve been abroad a few weeks ago. She’s playing the whole mental health thing (she’s on the verge of getting sacked).

The dog is a horrible yappy Westie that once bit my lad and would almost certainly try and bite our dog at every possibility.

To make it worse the sister in law once mentioned she couldn’t go away because she couldn’t get her dog in kennels and the moms reply was “welcome to dog ownership”.

The wife thinks she’ll be a nightmare if she says no so it looks like it’s happening, over August Bank Holiday weekend 😠

The second something kicks off I’ll take the dog to her house and just let it out into her garden for a piss 3 times a day. 

• Like 1

If it's previously bitten your kid, it's time to put your foot down, imo.

I wonder just how hard she's looked for a kennel. Why does she need to go at the height of summer holidays, with such little notice?

A lack of planning on her part shouldn't become an emergency for you to solve.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If it's previously bitten your kid, it's time to put your foot down, imo.

I wonder just how hard she's looked for a kennel. Why does she need to go at the height of summer holidays, with such little notice?

A lack of planning on her part shouldn't become an emergency for you to solve.

She’s a pain, the (step) father in law isn’t interested in going away but he’s whipped like you wouldn’t believe. She’s got kennels booked for Monday to Friday but needs someone to look after the dog for the adjoining the weekend.

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

She’s a pain, the (step) father in law isn’t interested in going away but he’s whipped like you wouldn’t believe. She’s got kennels booked for Monday to Friday but needs someone to look after the dog for the adjoining the weekend.

Are they gong to the caravan? If so, can't they take the mutt with them? 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I bet he’s making up the camp bed in the spare room as I type.

He can move into the caravan.

• Like 1

Â