Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

News: its not your back garden. It’s the Queen’s. You have the freehold, the Crown has the superior claim on all land. All of it, including your garden.

I’ll send the gardening bill her way then, she can at least cover half of it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bickster said:

They effectively stole about £3mil

Yep, I vaguely understand the business of Treasure trove etc and I'm not excusing their actions but doesn't it rather illustrate (again) that theft of money, with no violence involved , seems to matter more than loss of a human life ? Not just any human either but a vital member of the Community.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, veloman said:

Yep, I vaguely understand the business of Treasure trove etc and I'm not excusing their actions but doesn't it rather illustrate (again) that theft of money, with no violence involved , seems to matter more than loss of a human life ? Not just any human either but a vital member of the Community.

With respect they are 2 seperate crimes without correlation, the sentence is wrong but one should not be a measure for the other.

9D07A411-DD52-4CF2-A17E-C8C935F00A4B.jpeg

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This is the worst bar in the entire history of bars. 

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If it’s anything like the one in Liverpool then i can well imagine 

I'll wager the one on Lord St in Southport is worse. Never been in any of them but there's bound to be more dicks per square foot in Southport based on location.

I've never even been in the Baltic Market in Liverpool, the whole concept seems anathema to me. I hear enough tales from the staff I pick up at the end of the night to know not to go there.

Theme pubs are bad, theme pubs based on a shit theme are really bad. Shit concept theme pubs in a shithole are the worst

And whilst we're at it, I walked through the "xmas market" in Liverpool last night. A smaller version of the German Market in Brum. Horrendous idea full of horrendous people being sold vastly over-priced rubbish and expensive drinks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I'll wager the one on Lord St in Southport is worse. Never been in any of them but there's bound to be more dicks per square foot in Southport based on location.

I've never even been in the Baltic Market in Liverpool, the whole concept seems anathema to me. I hear enough tales from the staff I pick up at the end of the night to know not to go there.

Theme pubs are bad, theme pubs based on a shit theme are really bad. Shit concept theme pubs in a shithole are the worst

And whilst we're at it, I walked through the "xmas market" in Liverpool last night. A smaller version of the German Market in Brum. Horrendous idea full of horrendous people being sold vastly over-priced rubbish and expensive drinks

I know some are better than others but isn’t that the premise for all the ‘Xmas markets’ now?

People selling overpriced tat and people paying 3 times what they should for food and drinks whilst being crushed by swathes of people all around you.

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I know some are better than others but isn’t that the premise for all the ‘Xmas markets’ now?

People selling overpriced tat and people paying 3 times what they should for food and drinks whilst being crushed by swathes of people all around you.

There is no crushing in the Liverpool one, it seemed to be populated by non-scousers. Scousers were all doing something more sensible.

£5.50 for essentially a big hot dog

The latest fast food thing is a Yorkshire pudding wrap. £8

Old ski lift pods are transformed into "VIP Karaoke Pods" - give me a padlock and chain, they can stay in there forever, wailing to their hearts content. (No they aren't soundproofed)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

There is no crushing in the Liverpool one, it seemed to be populated by non-scousers. Scousers were all doing something more sensible.

£5.50 for essentially a big hot dog

The latest fast food thing is a Yorkshire pudding wrap. £8

Old ski lift pods are transformed into "VIP Karaoke Pods" - give me a padlock and chain, they can stay in there forever, wailing to their hearts content. (No they aren't soundproofed)

Gotta be honest, aside from the size and scale they all appear the same to me.

I've frequented the markets in Brum, Manchester, Chester and Edinburgh and they all sold the same crap, at the same prices, in the same kind of format.

But people still go mad for them, I think the novelty was decent for the first year or two they appeared but it's become tedious now and I flat out refuse to visit them.

Although I will add that the Edinburgh one had some guy selling crispy, paprika sprinkled potato crispy things on a stick which were banging and quite honestly one of the greatest things I've ever eaten, but then I love potato.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Gotta be honest, aside from the size and scale they all appear the same to me.

I've frequented the markets in Brum, Manchester, Chester and Edinburgh and they all sold the same crap, at the same prices, in the same kind of format.

But people still go mad for them, I think the novelty was decent for the first year or two they appeared but it's become tedious now and I flat out refuse to visit them.

Although I will add that the Edinburgh one had some guy selling crispy, paprika sprinkled potato crispy things on a stick which were banging and quite honestly one of the greatest things I've ever eaten, but then I love potato.

2281566c6917ad99db05124e3b998492.jpg

Having serious moments of doubts about myself as a person at 2:15am on the eve of a career highlight tournament for me. Australia's premier basketball tournament.

I will need to be at peak performance over 6 hours of  basketball tomorrow and not being asleep yet as a consequence of thoughts of inadequacy and whatever else isn't on.

I'm captain of the team, my legs are already aching and sore from the demands and intensity of training at my new club, sleep is the only possibly way to be fresh tomorrow.

Got a celebration of life on that I should be absorbed in  and I'm up at 2:15am smelling the dog poop for some reason. Well, I think I've had enough of that, very frustrating!

Thanks for letting me share.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Having serious moments of doubts about myself as a person at 2:15am on the eve of a career highlight tournament for me. Australia's premier basketball tournament.

I will need to be at peak performance over 6 hours of  basketball tomorrow and not being asleep yet as a consequence of thoughts of inadequacy and whatever else isn't on.

I'm captain of the team, my legs are already aching and sore from the demands and intensity of training at my new club, sleep is the only possibly way to be fresh tomorrow.

Got a celebration of life on that I should be absorbed in  and I'm up at 2:15am smelling the dog poop for some reason. Well, I think I've had enough of that, very frustrating!

Thanks for letting me share.

You'll be fine. 

If your generational talent isn't enough you can always fall back on that elite humility.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Look, I know it's only a kids' show. I'm not even particularly a fan, but I usually watch the Xmas/New Year Dr. Who. I just saw the trailer. Cybermen again. When will they ever get it? Cybermen are shit. The shittest Who monsters ever. Crap. 

On 06/12/2019 at 16:55, veloman said:

A trucker who knocked off and killed a Hospital Doctor, despite her wearing bright clothing , has been jailed for 21 months - Birmingham Mail tonight. His view was obstructed by a "cluttered tray '.

The other week, some metal detector bods got sent to jail for a number of years  because they didn't declare the find properly. British Justice - the envy of the World

I'm sorry but this isn't good.

It's sensationalist and it appears to avoid, or distort, the facts in both cases.

Edited by snowychap

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good luck with the tourney @A'Villan

Cheers!

My legs are still flaming but at least the thought processes I was having last night have shut up shop.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It's only a game. 

It's putting a round leather ball in a metal ring, how dare you try and burst my bubble like that, you lack levity (joking).

But I'd honestly rather not spend a day performing so poorly in front of a show of thousands who want a show. But you're right.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

You'll be fine. 

If your generational talent isn't enough you can always fall back on that elite humility.  

Don't worry I got some of those moves that put me in your top 10 of all time the pipeline!

If I still had the anxiety I had last night, I'd be throwing air balls all day and calling alley oop aggressively at the nearest teammate to the ring afterwards.

You know me, I'm a classy guy.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm sorry but this isn't good.

It's sensationalist and it appears to avoid, or distort, the facts in both cases.

I' m afraid you are going to have to explain how this is 'sensationalist'. Have I made a false statement or do you consider 21 months adequate punishment for negligently knocking a cyclist off their bike and killing them ?

Â