Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It's all shit. All britpop was shit.

I'm inclined to agree...

The 60's and 70's produced our best music.

End of.

Well I'm not going to argue with that. 

But the whole point of Britpop was that it revived those 60s & 70s styles after the horrors (IMO) of the 80s. 

Noel G admits he listens to nothing but 60s/70s music (Beatles/Stones/Kinks/Who, etc.). Whether he does it as well as the originals, you can argue all day long, but that's clearly where his heart is, so he gets my approval. 

I'll take Blur and Oasis over New Order et al all day long. 

there is good music and there is bad music

arguements over fashion, date and dance steps are juvenile

(with the obvious exception that heavy rock / Kiss / Queen / Prog rock / MOR / Metal / Thrash etc is excrement)

Only just read up on the Roy Hogson stuff.

I am completely oblivious to how that joke could be construed as racist. It's about a space monkey, that's reasonably clear no?

Do not get. I get the racial slur "monkey" I'm just not seeing it in this context? What am I missing?

I am completely oblivious to how that joke could be construed as racist. It's about a space monkey, that's reasonably clear no?

Do not get. I get the racial slur "monkey" I'm just not seeing it in this context? What am I missing?

I thought he'd said The joke and told Smalling the monkey is Townsend and to feed the monkey ?

Now I doubt it was meant with racist intent but **** me Woy that was pretty damn stupid

I thought he'd said The joke and told Smalling the monkey is Townsend and to feed the monkey ?

Now I doubt it was meant with racist intent but **** me Woy that was pretty damn stupid

If there was no racist intent then why is it stupid???

It's ok for everyone to take the p**s out of roys speech impedement tho, yeah wade in and say what u like.

It's ok for everyone to take the p**s out of roys speech impedement tho, yeah wade in and say what u like.

Let me see now

Changing room with black players in - check

Joke with racist term for black people - check

What could possibly go wrong

I heard someone earlier say he told the punchline before telling the joke

so he basically sad "just feed the monkey" and then had to explain himself

Yeah that's what the guardian reported ... He told Smalling to feed the monkey and then had to tell the joke in full once a few shocked faces stared back at him

Let me see now

I echo the fact that you are happy to make fun of an impediment really does dilute any sort of outrage you have.

If you are seriously stating that the use of the word monkey is now on the "banned" list then the world has gone mad.

I heard someone earlier say he told the punchline before telling the joke

so he basically sad "just feed the monkey" and then had to explain himself

Yeah that's what the guardian reported ... He told Smalling to feed the monkey and then had to tell the joke in full once a few shocked faces stared back at him

So once he had explained it, then there should have been no further need for debate, unless (like many in VT political discussions) some just wanted to cause mischief and mayhem rather than look at what the issues were

Let me see now

I echo the fact that you are happy to make fun of an impediment really does dilute any sort of outrage you have.

If you are seriously stating that the use of the word monkey is now on the "banned" list then the world has gone mad.

I believe that is known as putting words into people's mouths ...

Outrage ... Do me a favour .... I said Woy was pretty stupid .... Nothing else... The fact that an England player in that dressing room was shocked , even offended by the comment kinda confirms it was stupid

It was cleary a brainless thing for Mr Roy to say. I don't think he's a racist, although I don't know him. But it shows he's a but stupid if he's telling a guy to pass the ball to a black player with the instructions to 'feed the monkey'.

Stupid/brainless. Think before you speak, Mr Roy.

Â