Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Pissed off with myself.....got a job interview this week for a post I'm presently covering for. Am getting paranoid that the interviewer's questions will be totally off the wall and not much to do with the role; the questions where there are no incorrect answers, more like how would I think out of the box. 

Also, I'm putting myself under more mental pressure cos I'm doing the job and really shouldn't fail on the day......aaaargh !!

I had one last Thursday, competency based, which I thought it would be.  I think it went pretty well.  I was asked about 8 to 10 questions, with statements about what those questions related to, like ethics or challenges etc etc.  I needed to be reminded of the question once, because I waffled :lol:  .. 

But, the thing that's pissing me off is that I asked how long it would be before I found out and I still haven't found out, even though they said (2 people) "we'll be in touch soon because our candidates are all being seen today".  Every time I think about it, I get that "heart in the mouth" feeling.  I don't mind if I don't get it (I kinda do, but I do have a job now, so I'm not desperate), but I just wanna know!

Good luck by the way, I'm sure you'll do great!

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I like the word manager, it sounds like someone who just about manages

Alan Sugar sees an old lady struggling to carry all of her shopping bags to her house.

"Can you manage, love?" he asks.

"Piss off," she replies. "I don't want the job."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Alan Sugar sees an old lady struggling to carry all of her shopping bags to her house.

"Can you manage, love?" he asks.

"Piss off," she replies. "I don't want the job."

WHBFWTLL

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I had one last Thursday, competency based, which I thought it would be.  I think it went pretty well.  I was asked about 8 to 10 questions, with statements about what those questions related to, like ethics or challenges etc etc.  I needed to be reminded of the question once, because I waffled :lol:  .. 

But, the thing that's pissing me off is that I asked how long it would be before I found out and I still haven't found out, even though they said (2 people) "we'll be in touch soon because our candidates are all being seen today".  Every time I think about it, I get that "heart in the mouth" feeling.  I don't mind if I don't get it (I kinda do, but I do have a job now, so I'm not desperate), but I just wanna know!

Good luck by the way, I'm sure you'll do great!

Thanks man. Yeah, I get what you mean about the waiting to hear. There's 3 internal candidates and our place usually tell the unsuccessful other two first and then the lucky man last of all. Thing is, all 3 of us are on different 4 on 4 off shifts so it could be another 10 days or so after my interview, when all I want is to be put out of my misery there and then. 

Good luck yerself !

• Thanks 1

On 14/08/2018 at 10:21, AVFC_Hitz said:

People who swallow loudly after a sentence.

Unless it is preceded by a gargling 'wop shul i bo wit dis?'

oh yeah yes GIF by Originals

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Thanks man. Yeah, I get what you mean about the waiting to hear. There's 3 internal candidates and our place usually tell the unsuccessful other two first and then the lucky man last of all. Thing is, all 3 of us are on different 4 on 4 off shifts so it could be another 10 days or so after my interview, when all I want is to be put out of my misery there and then. 

Good luck yerself !

Surely you tell the successful candidate first? You need to be sure they'll accept before letting the others down! 

Good luck by the way!

p.s If you don't get the job you are currently already covering then smash the place up! 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

p.s If you don't get the job you are currently already covering then smash the place up! 

Oh how we laughed on the way to the job centre ???

• Haha 2

Family away so I thought rather than my usual take away fest I’d actually cook something today

the ready meal I bought came with the ingredients in separate pouch’s and I’m supposed to cook one part in the oven , then add the other part after 10 mins and then make the sauce on the Hob

that will be me back on take aways tomorrow 

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

This happened last night, I was on my way home and called into a Tesco Express to grab a beer or two. Picked up the beers, went to the checkout, the queues were all for the self checkouts, so I walked up to the till, which was staffed by two people.

"Sorry you'll have to use the self check-outs, the tills are off now" (its 22:25)

"No I won't", puts beer down... walks out

I drove to another 8 minutes away and also on my way home, picked up the same beer, walked up to the till and the lad couldn't have been more polite.

Cashing up the till 35 minutes before closing time is ridiculous

I thought you weren't allowed to take alcohol through the self checkouts? The machine dosn't know whether you're under age, so it requires a member of staff. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I thought you weren't allowed to take alcohol through the self checkouts? The machine dosn't know whether you're under age, so it requires a member of staff. 

They still have someone there to authorise it before you can pay.  I always think that must be a massive pain in the arse doing that job with about 10 tills going off for this that and the other, and I bet they get dog's abuse all the time from stroppy customers.

43 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

They still have someone there to authorise it before you can pay.  I always think that must be a massive pain in the arse doing that job with about 10 tills going off for this that and the other, and I bet they get dog's abuse all the time from stroppy customers.

Not only under age but with a challenge for ID if you look under 25 

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A ready meal is you 'actually cooking' @tonyh29? Let me guess, you don't know how the washing machine works either? :lol:

I cook for the family but when they are away I tend to work long days and last thing I want to be doing is cooking ( and shopping ) so usually it’s just an app on the phone for dinner ... this time I made an effort by actually buying something I cook myself 

as for the washing machine it’s it’s so smart all I have to do is push one button ... ironing , well that’s another thing :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You can, but someone needs to come and stick a code in to confirm you're old enough.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Which made it all the more silly, the same imbecile would have to have walked out from behind the till to authorise the sale.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bickster said:

I like the word manager, it sounds like someone who just about manages

I will no doubt use this at some point and get myself into trouble.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's a nice person but he's a bit of a manager. 

(replace manager with worrier and you get my drift) 

Reminds me of one of my favourite work quotes. Somebody was introducing one of my colleagues (who was a bit of a dick) to a third party: 

"This is Pete. He's a nice bloke until you get to know him". 

• Haha 4

Â