Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 years in this office and I don't think I've ever made anyone else a drink and no ones ever made me one.

I prefer it like that, I get away from my desk for a bit and I don't have to wait for when scrubby Susan from accounts is ready to make me a drink the way I don't like it.

And why would I spend 15 minutes going round asking what everyone wants and collecting their mugs? Sod that for a game of soldiers, I'm not a waiter.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

10 years in this office and I don't think I've ever made anyone else a drink and no ones ever made me one.

I prefer it like that, I get away from my desk for a bit and I don't have to wait for when scrubby Susan from accounts is ready to make me a drink the way I don't like it.

And why would I spend 15 minutes going round asking what everyone wants and collecting their mugs? Sod that for a game of soldiers, I'm not a waiter.

But Paddy, that's EXACTLY what you are.. 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There can be 15 of us in the 2 departments that share our space, like f*** am I making that many

Does anyone remember when offices used to have a tea lady going from desk to desk. (Is anyone on here that old? ...) I am not old enough.

They were in films like the milk one with Norman Wisdom or Quadrophenia iirc

I suggest it would save time / money these days with all the differnet requirements of drinkage per department. (Total time per department making drinks per week must be quite high + the chat in the kitchen + travel time too and frow etc)

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

people who dont make a round of drinks in the office

theres only 3 of us in this morning and the one word removed has just made himself a cup of tea without saying a word to us other 2

dickhead

I've never worked in an office where people do "rounds" with tea and coffee.

I think I'd hate it to be honest.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Scruffy Susan's sister ?

• Like 1

Depends how many people are around when I fancy a brew myself. If it’s more than 4  people then I’ll just go and make my own, less and I’ll offer. 

Also depends if anyone is a fussy word removed too. If it’s some herbal concoction with ‘not too much’ soya milk, 1 and 3/4 ‘level ‘ teaspoon of brown sugar and stirred anti clockwise then they can get to ****.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Work in an office where a tea round is in action. I am asked every single time if I want one, I say no. They will then see me make a tea myself. It's a simple task, I get thirsty I make myself a tea, I don't ask anyone to make me one, and I don't say yes when offered...and somehow I am the bad guy.

I wish they would stop asking me. Don't ask me. You know the answer. Just stop.

Then on the occasion when you do try and get a tea some muppet is there with a tray trying to make about 20 cups. There are certain people who will see you only have one cup and let you go ahead. Certain people don't... and make you wait whilst they pour 20 cups. ****s.

How is this efficient? You are wasting mine and your own time. Just let people go and get there own whenever they fancy a drink. You want to be nice? Is that it?
Well don't.

These are the same ****holes letting everyone out of junctions when they themselves have right of way. Causing more issues, disruptions and tailbacks than there needs to be just because they want to be seen to be nice. **** em. ****holes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Work in an office where a tea round is in action. I am asked every single time These are the same ****holes letting everyone out of junctions when they themselves have right of way. Causing more issues, disruptions and tailbacks than there needs to be just because they want to be seen to be nice. **** em. ****holes.

Oh, now you've reminded me again. I'm sure I've done it in this thread already, but this, this, this. I get it virtually daily. I come down a side road, I need to turn right on a very busy single carriageway, and then almost immediately right again into our drive. Somebody turning right off the main road onto my side road will invariably 'wave me out' - oblivious to the fact that there's a steady stream of traffic tearing past on his left that I can't get into until a decent gap appears. When I don't go he rolls his eyes and glares at me as he finally makes his turn. JUST OBEY THE RULES OF THE ROAD. I'LL GO WHEN I'M GOOD AND READY. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

How is this efficient? You are wasting mine and your own time.

There are 19 other people whose time isn't being wasted.

Edit: And, frankly, you've probably got a load of spare time on your hands from not being generous to other road users. ;)

Edited by snowychap

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

There are 19 other people whose time isn't being wasted.

Edit: And, frankly, you've probably got a load of spare time on your hands from not being generous to other road users. ;)

Nah, you've not factored in the going back to ask 17 of the people how they have it again, then about 12 on the third ask and they might get it down to about 5 on next and finally there's always one you forget

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

BBC reporting that a teenager has been convicted of kicking a dog to death in what was described as a prolonged attack. 

He has been banned from keeping animals for 5 years.

5 years ffs.

Poor little defenceless animal.

I wonder how he would like it if he was to be locked in a pen with 8 angry, hungry devil fighter dogs for a prolonged period.

I despise little bastards that do this sort of thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, now you've reminded me again. I'm sure I've done it in this thread already, but this, this, this. I get it virtually daily. I come down a side road, I need to turn right on a very busy single carriageway, and then almost immediately right again into our drive. Somebody turning right off the main road onto my side road will invariably 'wave me out' - oblivious to the fact that there's a steady stream of traffic tearing past on his left that I can't get into until a decent gap appears. When I don't go he rolls his eyes and glares at me as he finally makes his turn. JUST OBEY THE RULES OF THE ROAD. I'LL GO WHEN I'M GOOD AND READY. 

I have a 2 lane road + Bus lane I turn right over down here. If the cars are backed up at the lights, guaranteed some bright spark in the middle lane of the 3 will sit there when they turn green for them, making everyone behind them 'miss' the lights while the busses and taxis and whole other lane of moving traffic between us carry on regardless.

Happens at least once a week!

I've noticed this summer that whenever I get a cut, scrape or scratch on my feet, ankles and legs, they don't heal up like normal. They take a while to scab over and then the scabs will split open and they bleed. Not cool. I looked up the symptom online and all signs point to **** diabetes!

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I've noticed this summer that whenever I get a cut, scrape or scratch on my feet, ankles and legs, they don't heal up like normal. They take a while to scab over and then the scabs will split open and they bleed. Not cool. I looked up the symptom online and all signs point to **** diabetes!

Get it checked. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If you scroll down a bit it is also mentions something about the silent creeping spread of bare foot bad aids within certain segments of the population.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

I always thought that was down to a lack of iron or zinc in the body .... nothing a few steaks won’t fix 

Â