Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The new 6Music Schedule recently announced.

It will be unlistenable from 7:30am to 4:00pm

It is currently only unlistenable between 7am and 1pm

Shaun Keavney - knob

Lauren Lavern - highly irritating, Jo Wiley with added Geordie accent, me me me me me

Mary Anne Hobbs - far too fond of the early fade and talking over records and a bit me me me me me too

It actually pisses me off that these three exist at all, apart from the morning commute I'm not able to listen at these times anyway so in some respects its good and Ratcliffe and Maconie moving to weekends is great because I can now listen to them again

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I did get it! Honest!

To the point I might venture up the garage and dig out some oldies...

Because all three of the Wylie brothers are old mates of mine, its a game I regularly play, Chinese Takeaways provide me with much mirth

We did go and see them once when he was re-living the first album period and my mate Joe was playing the drums. I can't remember what the  proper name for that incarnation was because it shall forever be known as Wah! Bother in our circles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Shaun Keavney - knob

Lauren Lavern - highly irritating, Jo Wiley with added Geordie accent, me me me me me

Mary Anne Hobbs - far too fond of the early fade and talking over records and a bit me me me me me too

It actually pisses me off that these three exist at all, apart from the morning commute I'm not able to listen at these times anyway so in some respects its good and Ratcliffe and Maconie moving to weekends is great because I can now listen to them again

When Radio 1 decided I was too old for them I switched to 6 Music and actually quite liked Shaun Keaveney but his shtick wore very thin very quickly.  Agreed about Lauren Laverne, I have no idea why they've chosen her instead.  In fact I agree with your whole post so should have just liked it rather than typed this out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Shaun Keavney - knob

Keavney, yeah, knob. Unlistenable bell. Ditto Huey Morgan.

Laverne - I don't mind her and I like MAH's programmes.

Shame they've moved RadMac to the weekend, as it was fine where it was.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

If I could listen at that time I'd agree about RadMac

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Define overgrown

Anything that protrudes the finger. More for myself than anyone else.

That said, one of my pet hates as a basketballer is the amount of scratches I get from contested play and people going for steals.

Not quite up there with long term injury and people who have a sizeable ego based on their perceived ability to put leather ball in the metal ring, but frustrating nonetheless.

8 hours ago, blandy said:

Huey Morgan is such a difficult one for me. The music is fantastic, better than on any other show, but he personally comes across like the most blistering bell-piece in all of the western hemisphere. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blandy said:

Yeah RadMac best thing on 6. Gonna miss it. Don't like keavo so happy he's left the breakfast show but will give him a swerve in the afternoon.  I like MAH so that will be good, but i can take or leave larry laverne. At least she isn't keaveny though

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

but he personally comes across like the most blistering bell-piece in all of the western hemisphere. 

Very much so. Absolute melon. He’s got Ronaldo levels of self regard and little broadcasting talent. One decent album 20 years ago.

On 25/08/2018 at 13:14, sharkyvilla said:

The Pope's visiting Ireland.  Whoopdi-****-doo.

Great success.  They expected 500,000 people to turn up.  Protestors hoped to get that down to about 250,000.  In the end 130,000 turned up :crylaugh: We're getting there :thumb:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â