Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 for a one off purchase.

Turns out it doesn't include Outlook so I've got to use the online 365 version that comes with adverts pushed into your inbox, or you have to pay for the monthly subscription. They are absolute ****. It's all a bloody big rip off. I've used Outlook on my home computer for 30 odd years perfectly happily. Why can't they just bloody let me carry on? Hate it. 

Just keep giving them your money, that's bound to influence their behaviour.

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

Just keep giving them your money, that's bound to influence their behaviour.

I'm looking at other email clients. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

At the risk of this becoming something for the 'tech forum', you can even use gmail as your client. I haven't used 'on computer' clients for my email for about 15 years and it's saved me a lot of ballache. I've just remembered the existence of Outlook Express - long in the dustbin.

*ballache is a Spanish garnish for baked fish**

**this may well be a lie.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Down with Microsoft and Apple. Support plucky underdogs like Google! 

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Down with Microsoft and Apple. Support plucky underdogs like Google! 

Google only have a email client for mobiles so I can't see that being a good fit.

I've played football since forever , it's one constant in my life that has always made me feel good, I've never ever not enjoyed kicking a ball.

Anyways, I'm late 30s I've had bad injuries and that and haven't played in nearly 6 months.

What's staggering is, the amount of people who seem to take joy or poke fun at the fact you can't do something you enjoy anymore.

"Well you are getting old." " Isn't it time you retired anyway."

Yeah I've loved kicking a ball since I could walk but lol I can't do it anymore. It's saved me from depression, substance abuse probably (knowing my family), it's made me friends and gave me a reason to get out the house when every weekend.

But lol banter. You can't do it no more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I guess it's about time I grew up and become a fat middle aged depressed alcoholic like everyone else.

There are other options between that and playing football. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

There are other options between that and playing football. 

Indeed, sounds like rodders is getting to the stage where he might enjoy a relaxing game of lawn bowls. :) 

• Haha 1

Seriously though @rodders0223, what kind of injuries? Can you not play full stop?

I've got a dodgy knee and a bad back and it's just not worth the aggro playing with a bunch of young, strong healthy lads in their twenties. Can still manage a more relaxed kick about with some older fellas which isn't quite the same but scratches the itch a bit.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I guess it's about time I grew up and become a fat middle aged depressed alcoholic like everyone else.

It might be worth investigating walking football.

There are teams all around the place, and it sounds like it’s pretty much for you.

Walking Football

The threat of pain, discomfort and injury is reduced due to the combination of a slower pace and reduced contact. This allows people who have loved the sport all their lives to once again safely get back to playing

I’ve mentioned before, but trending topics on Google and how I occasionally fall for them.

I click on the search bar and a drop down of trending searches is offered. These can’t be based on my previous searches, the current ones offered include Malaysia Airlines, some Grand Prix rise at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Utah Tumbleweeds. I have no interest in any of the preceding. 

Anyway, and this is what has annoyed me, I see that Debra Winger’s name is trending. “Oh blimey, has she died? Do I need to alert VT?” is my thought. So I click her name. And what is causing her name to trend and convince me to do an internet search for her?

Turns out there are several tabloid articles who are expressing surprise that she looks different now to how she looked in the early 80’s.

• Like 1

Saw a Facebook video doing the rounds of some wannabe gangsta (maybe) Indian lads, waiting for there pal to come out the gates after jail time. They pull up in 3 lambourghinis all masked up and pop open a expensive bottle of bubbly right outside to celebrate his release.

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but Im sure those lads have not purchased 3 250k lambos with money from there job at Aldi, especially since they are also covering there faces. So maybe it would be a good idea for the police to investigate them, knowing they are pals with a newly released criminal.

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Seriously though @rodders0223, what kind of injuries? Can you not play full stop?

I've got a dodgy knee and a bad back and it's just not worth the aggro playing with a bunch of young, strong healthy lads in their twenties. Can still manage a more relaxed kick about with some older fellas which isn't quite the same but scratches the itch a bit.

I'm one of those older fellas, who may now finally have to quit, but at least I made it to my 60s so I bypassed the middle-aged, depressed alcohoic phase and can transition directly into old, depressed alcoholic.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I'm one of those older fellas, who may now finally have to quit, but at least I made it to my 60s so I bypassed the middle-aged, depressed alcohoic phase and can transition directly into old, depressed alcoholic.

spacer.png

Where did you find that old clip of Zaniolo

• Haha 2

Â