Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

18 hours ago, Seat68 said:

They are terrible in that office. @Rob182 had his season ticket suspended for some abuse he threw out on Twitter once. Seems they are quick to act on behalf of snowflakes but not on refunds. 

#HallOfFame 

🏆😎

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, colhint said:

Costa Coffee. Haven't used one in quite a while. Never since I've been in a wheelchair. I was early for my hospital appointment yesterday, so I thought I'd have one. I went to the machine, start order, fine. I want a latte. I can't reach it and it doesn't scroll. Had to ask for help. I think it's poor that I can't any drink or food on the top row. 

I've complained on their website. But I don't think I've said enough how poor it is in 500 characters. Especially poor in a hospital environment.

That's something I never would have thought about to be honest, but of course a wheelchair user is going to have trouble using one of those machines and those ones you get at mcdonalds and KFC etc.

I'm sure there's loads of other day to day difficulties I've never considered.

Edited by Paddywhack

Just got the email back from them, pretty much thanks for the complaint, unfortunately we're going to do bigger all, hope it didn't ruin your experience.

Feel I should go after them a bit. Reading their corporate policy, act lawfully ethically and in the public interest. Human rights are non negotiable. Which it any of these, if ,any should I question.

Now......I could well be shot down on this as I haven't been to school since the early eighties but what is peeing me off is the increased use of a comma and the word "and" in a sentence, either before or after each other:

"We will see how it goes, and decide then "

...when (I think) use one or the other but not both, like that anyway. 

I see it in emails at work and even on TV or in the press...and don't even get me started on "effect" and "affect" !

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the increase in commas is due to the increase frequency of the word like. Which seems to be a spoken comma.

I went to the cinema like bought some popcorn like then settled into my seat.

Or the best

Like she was so ladylike like.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why is everyone flytipping now? ...and not even big **** off stuff you need to take to the type. Literally black bags and shit you can put in my bin at home.

You can't get into the tip without an appointment and commercial waste is not allowed, you have to pay plus no bins anywhere.

They should open the tips up and put more bins about  but that costs money although picking it up off the street is the alternative.

There's also loads of selfish people who just throw it out of there car windows,  unbelievable, like living in a bin.

Just now, tinker said:

You can't get into the tip without an appointment

You can at ours - that was only in force during covid. 

• Like 3

The house I'm working at at the moment has "SS" written on the driveway. Actually it is number 55. but the black bricks in the brick driveway make it look like Herflick's residence. I don't know why this annoys me but it does.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Now......I could well be shot down on this as I haven't been to school since the early eighties but what is peeing me off is the increased use of a comma and the word "and" in a sentence, either before or after each other:

"We will see how it goes, and decide then "

...when (I think) use one or the other but not both, like that anyway. 

I see it in emails at work and even on TV or in the press...and don't even get me started on "effect" and "affect" !

Eats shoots and leaves.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You can at ours - that was only in force during covid. 

I used to hate going through all my shit then heading to the dump and there being a massive queue of people.  The appointments are a godsend imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I used to hate going through all my shit then heading to the dump and there being a massive queue of people.  The appointments are a godsend imo.

Again, no such problem here. Postcode lottery I guess. 

4 hours ago, tinker said:

You can't get into the tip without an appointment and commercial waste is not allowed, you have to pay plus no bins anywhere.

They should open the tips up and put more bins about  but that costs money although picking it up off the street is the alternative.

There's also loads of selfish people who just throw it out of there car windows,  unbelievable, like living in a bin.

Saw some meat flute throw a cigarette out of his window on the M42 yesterday, you’ll never guess what car he was driving.

Country full of **** tramps.

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Spoke in another thread about how I'm now in a Walsall council area. And this is one of the downsides. The Birmingham tips still use appointments and it's great. Walsall doesn't so it's just a free for all

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Spoke in another thread about how I'm now in a Walsall council area. And this is one of the downsides. The Birmingham tips still use appointments and it's great. Walsall doesn't so it's just a free for all

Is there a big problem with fly tipping in the area? There is in solihull where its a booking system.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Is there a big problem with fly tipping in the area? There is in solihull where its a booking system.

Not that I’ve ever noticed

19 hours ago, colhint said:

It shouldn't be hard to get the screen to scroll should it?

As a programmer : <sharp intake of breath> <raise of eyebrows>

:P

Â