Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

She said you can earn alot of money on there and they already have 5k followers. Maybe it is Only Fans.

I'll have a look, just to find the answers for you, research ennit. 😂

DM me the details.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If it's anything like Southport (which given it's location, you'd imagine it is), the high tide that reaches the promenade wall happens roughly once a year

Yes. Exactly. Been to Southport loads and never seen it reach the promenade. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Yes. Exactly. Been to Southport loads and never seen it reach the promenade. 

Its such a rare event in Southport that the press and lots of people turn up just to see it

One for the fact fans, Southport is the second longest pier in the UK I think and at the end of the pier, the water is normally around two foot deep, when the tide is out, there is no water at the end of the pier :D 

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Straining or tearing the ligaments in my ankle playing footie last night and feeling upstaged by Kamara et al. But yeah you can add me to the injured ligaments list for the season :rolleyes:

I've been in a moon boot since NYD and I'm in it for at least another 3 weeks. Probably more. I did everything other than break a bone.

• Sad 3

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've been in a moon boot since NYD and I'm in it for at least another 3 weeks. Probably more. I did everything other than break a bone.

NYE partying? 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

NYE partying? 

Never even got to the party. Was on the way to one. Turned around in the dark on the way down the stairs (in a rush) to talk to herself. Thought I was at the bottom, miscounted and confidently planted on the edge of the 2nd last step. Foot completely folded under and I landed in a ball. So 2024 has been just great.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have been going to St Annes for about 13 years, multiple times a year. Went up yesterday to give my dog a run on the beach and have a wander round. The first time in 13 years the tide was right in, I mean right up to the promenade, zero beach available. It may be like this daily, but even normally, for me, high tide means that its only a mile away. That pissed me off, and then the return on the motorway, yes, the M6 was closed so it took us 5 hours to do an hour and half journey.

You're not the kind of guy who gives up just like that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Tore my ankle ligaments playing football first week of October.  Still can't over stretch it one way or the other. Still can't run.

It's ****.

Yeah I'm supposed to start flexibility physio this week for 3 weeks. Not a chance. That's not me talking, that's my ankle talking.

On 05/02/2024 at 15:15, Chindie said:

The annoying thing with the Amazon ads for me is less the ads themselves and more the principle of making a service worse that people already were using. Companies shouldn't do that. They shouldn't remove or degrade their offering, if they need to raise more revenue (which Amazon absolutely doesn't and any argument they do is a lie - they're the biggest retailer in earth by an obscene distance) they should raise the price or offer improved services for a premium, not roll back services for the same money.

They've also rolling back Dolby Vision and Atmos support for anyone not paying the additional fee.

Really shifty practice.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

'Counterfactual history'.

Utterly pointless. If my aunt had bollocks, etc. 

(Sorry, @Marka Ragnos😧 

I get how it can feel pointless! No offense taken. 😉 I just think of it as another way of talking about history per se. I don't get reeled into alternate history tv and films as entertainments for some reason, but I find so-called "counterfactual" history engrossing and an organic outgrowth of history. It's just natural, in my mind, to speculate on what ifs. Ultimately imaginative historiographies can only work with real histories as ingredients, right?

Now, about that aunt of yours ...

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Never even got to the party. Was on the way to one. Turned around in the dark on the way down the stairs (in a rush) to talk to herself. Thought I was at the bottom, miscounted and confidently planted on the edge of the 2nd last step. Foot completely folded under and I landed in a ball. So 2024 has been just great.

tumblr_mab2gzHeHb1qm339ko1_500.gif

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Talking about the world of today. Our trainee admin girl is leaving. Apparently, her and her mate are going to do TikTok full time? Said she can earn more money and work when she wants?

She's got real good career progression ahead of her here. I mean she's working admin at the moment, but it's the start of her training to be a digital marketing executive, she's only 20. It'll be great job in a couple of years, includes lots of travelling abroad too. Kids aye??

They must be showing their flanges on OF. 

Just let me know their TikTok usernames so I can make sure I never visit it by accident. 

• Haha 3

I should know better than to watch The One Show.

Two (presumably famous) youngish women, stars of Dune 2, talking about how one of the voices had been done by 'Margaret Faithful'. 

Who? 

A quick Google revealed it was indeed Marianne Faithfull. Four people in the conversation, and nobody picked up on it. Tsk. 

Â