Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Birmingham airport now charging £5 per vehicle to be dropped outside the terminal building. Robbing bastards. (yes I know there’s a free area about 8 min walk away, but still, it’s a piss take).

Drop at the train station free and then get the monorail to the airport. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Drop at the train station free and then get the monorail to the airport. 

My missus doesn’t even want to do the short walk from the free drop off. 

I bet it’s a gold mine for the airport. £5 when people are in holiday mode will get spent no problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

My missus doesn’t even want to do the short walk from the free drop off. 

I bet it’s a gold mine for the airport. £5 when people are in holiday mode will get spent no problem.

The monorail is about the same distance, no stress at all and straight into the departure lounge opposite security, so easy can't believe they don't charge tbh. Coming out as well, taxi rank right there and a car park for the station. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The dragons on dragons den.

Not watched the show in years and now they're all so nice to people and making offers on any old shit.

What happened to them ripping to shreds some poor middle aged bloke on his last hope and dream

Load of bollocks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tinker said:

The monorail is about the same distance, no stress at all and straight into the departure lounge opposite security, so easy can't believe they don't charge tbh. Coming out as well, taxi rank right there and a car park for the station. 

There's also 3 (?) disabled parking spaces right outside the station that if I'm honest I've never seen 1 of them with a car parked there so I personally don't feel that guilty about parking there, remaining in the car and waiting for whoever I was picking up 

That's the shittest thing about the airpirt parking, it's impossible to tell how long it will take to get from plane door to front door and there's nowhere you can hang around and wait 

And the monorail is that easy that all the staff car parking is down there, people who go to that airport every day are doing exactly that, monorail in and out 

• Like 1

My girlfriend's birthday today. She's just been attacked and bitten by her neighbour's dog for the second time. Second time drawing blood. Thankfully it's not a big dog, but one of those yappy shit dogs. Needless to say, she's really shaken up and I'm **** livid. 

• Sad 1

I'd report it as a dangerous dog to the police. They'll take it pretty seriously in the current climate. 

For it to happen twice shows that they havent trained it properly and it's out of control. 

• Like 1

I **** hate dog owners who can't control their dogs.  Call it back with zero authority in their voice telling you it's only being friendly as it starts barrelling into small children. My son was scared of dogs for years because of a "friendly" dog running amock in the park. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I **** hate dog owners who can't control their dogs.  Call it back with zero authority in their voice telling you it's only being friendly as it starts barrelling into small children. My son was scared of dogs for years because of a "friendly" dog running amock in the park. 

Where I live there’s a path up the side of a new school site. It’s lined on 1 side with trees and bushes and then the other is the school fence.

People seem to think it’s some open park for them to let their dogs off their leads. It pisses me off so much. I really don’t want another dog next to me regardless of how friendly the owner says it is.

How do they know my dog is friendly? What if it were to snap at this dog who was all in his face? I’m sure I’d be the one labelled the bad owner (in reality he hasn’t got it in him at all to be aggressive, he gets very nervous when there’s a lively dog saying hello).

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The dragons on dragons den.

Not watched the show in years and now they're all so nice to people and making offers on any old shit.

What happened to them ripping to shreds some poor middle aged bloke on his last hope and dream

Load of bollocks.

I watched an episode last night (might have been an old repeat though)

some 24 year old had this luggage storage scheme , her presentation was ok'ish  , but her business model was terrible ( she made around 50p from a £12.50 charge)  and not one dragon invested   , and then one of the dragons told her I'm pretty sure that not long from now you'll be sitting in one of the dragons chairs ..  Really !!  ..Ok she has time on her side and maybe he's privy to more info than the show gave us , but bankruptcy seems a more likely location  that Dragons Den .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I watched an episode last night (might have been an old repeat though)

some 24 year old had this luggage storage scheme , her presentation was ok'ish  , but her business model was terrible ( she made around 50p from a £12.50 charge)  and not one dragon invested   , and then one of the dragons told her I'm pretty sure that not long from now you'll be sitting in one of the dragons chairs ..  Really !!  ..Ok she has time on her side and maybe he's privy to more info than the show gave us , but bankruptcy seems a more likely location  that Dragons Den .

I thought the same, dreadful business model. She needs to renegotiate with the affiliates, to me, as their cut is so big, they are the tail wagging the dog. I would be very surprised if it is still trading in a year.

• Like 2

Â