Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Not aimed at anyone really, more a Cadbury’s is shit chocolate post :D 

To be fair a lot of chocolate has gone to absolute shit. Mrs Sidcow earlier voiced my thoughts on a pack of kitkat Chunky we've got in the cupboard. They taste shit. Chocolate is definitely thinner and definitely a changed formula. 

They're obviously skimping to shave their margins. 

It's definitely something that pisses me off, nothing is sacred and a product that's been the same for decades suddenly is a different, shitter product and I doubt it will ever go back. You can say the same for many many other chocs. 

Edited by sidcow

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

Up to you, each to their own but as milk chocolate goes it’s horrid stuff with the bare minimum of cocoa solids. It can’t even be labelled as chocolate in the EU as it doesn’t contain enough cocoa. Iirc it’s somewhere around 22% and to meet EU standards it needs to be 25%. I think it has to be labelled as something daft to be sold there

That's why Brexit was essentially, when you strip away the nonsense, a really really good idea. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I guess I'd better not eat the whole of this over Christmas, then. (Beer bottle for scale). 

IMG20231205210836.jpg

I’d probably knock that out in 2 days max 

the beer would probably still be there in the New Year though 

Just got a three day Facebook ban because a post was flagged that was against their cretinous guidelines.

The post was NINE years ago.

Don’t give a flying arsehole about Facebook but I’m currently using messenger to arrange things with a friend for our trip to California and I’m banned from messenger as well.

Facebook is run by a bunch of massive spasticy words removed.

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just got a three day Facebook ban because a post was flagged that was against their cretinous guidelines.

The post was NINE years ago.

Don’t give a flying arsehole about Facebook but I’m currently using messenger to arrange things with a friend for our trip to California and I’m banned from messenger as well.

Facebook is run by a bunch of massive spasticy words removed.

Careful. That sounds like a post on moderation. 

2 hours ago, Jon said:

Maybe that's why you got the ban? 🤣😬

It’s always memes or pictures, most of which I forgot existed.

Nice that someone has the time to track this stuff down though, if it wasn’t for overseas friends I’d have shut the **** thing down 

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

It’s always memes or pictures, most of which I forgot existed.

Nice that someone has the time to track this stuff down though, if it wasn’t for overseas friends I’d have shut the **** thing down 

We had a take down notice once for a picture of a car which had been posted for a similar amount of time. Some dumb algorithm and no right of appeal. IIRC it cost two weeks of ad revenue.

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was just being silly :)

On your actual point, years ago there were changes to loads of Cadbury's stuff so if it wasn't actually "Dairy Milk" you were buying, the chocolate was cheaper shite, think it affected cream eggs, etc, and they saved their better stuff specifically for Dairy Milk, wouldn't be surprised if the advent calendar chocolate is the cheap shit. 

This is fake news by the way. Cadburys haven't changed their chocolate recipe at all.

I think Creme Eggs DID have a recipe change, but everything else has remained the same, despite the myths and the people adamant they can taste a difference

Edited by Stevo985

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Up to you, each to their own but as milk chocolate goes it’s horrid stuff with the bare minimum of cocoa solids. It can’t even be labelled as chocolate in the EU as it doesn’t contain enough cocoa. Iirc it’s somewhere around 22% and to meet EU standards it needs to be 25%. I think it has to be labelled as something daft to be sold there

"family milk chocolate"

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Creme Eggs DID have a recipe change

Yeah this is exactly the change I was talking about, they used to be proper Dairy Milk but they changed it to cheaper chocolate, I didn't say they'd changed the main Dairy Milk recipe, didn't realise that change was restricted to Creme Eggs though, surprised they've not tried to lower costs on their other ranges

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah this is exactly the change I was talking about, they used to be proper Dairy Milk but they changed it to cheaper chocolate, I didn't say they'd changed the main Dairy Milk recipe, didn't realise that change was restricted to Creme Eggs though, surprised they've not tried to lower costs on their other ranges

Sorry I kinda misread your post.

Yeah Creme Eggs changed from "Dairy milk" to just some sort of cheap chocolate mix.

But the recipe of everything else has remained the same, including Dairy Milk.

But there are plenty of people who will adamantly tell you the recipe chhanged when Kraft took them over and it now tastes far worse than it used to. It's all a myth

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry I kinda misread your post.

Yeah Creme Eggs changed from "Dairy milk" to just some sort of cheap chocolate mix.

But the recipe of everything else has remained the same, including Dairy Milk.

But there are plenty of people who will adamantly tell you the recipe chhanged when Kraft took them over and it now tastes far worse than it used to. It's all a myth

If I'm not mistaken they changed the shape of the blocks at some point? That can have a surprising difference to the flavour of chocolate, I couldn't believe quite how much until I'd tried a side by side comparison at a chocolate tasting event a few years ago

So it could be that, or you might be right, and it's just a bit like loads of people insisting Walkers used to have their salt and vinegar crisps in blue bags 

Edited by Davkaus

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Or it always tasted as bad as it does.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, limpid said:

Or it always tasted as bad as it does.

It tasted how it always tasted. That's the point.

If you hated it before then you hate it now.

If you liked it before and you hate it now, then you changed, not the chocolate

• Like 1

Â