Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Madness.

Been out for a meal in the shires tonight (mate) at a nice pub. 

Four of us - each had a starter, main and 2 drinks. Total bill was £76 after voucher was applied (thanks to the waitress for that tip!)

Where did you find 3 other people in your fortress of solitude?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Friday morning office breakfast

my order: Greek yoghurt, granola, berries

they’ve not got that, so they did a substitute: bacon sandwich with brown sauce

get the name of whoever did this .. I want to offer him a job , that's the level of shithousery i admire 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, limpid said:

Where did you find 3 other people in your fortress of solitude?

I just joined a table of 3. They never said anything. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not to mention he missed out on the German equivalent of Carling Black Label. What a mug.  Probably ended up with some of that Bathams or something. Must have seen him coming. 

London Pride and Timothy Taylor Landlord.

The voucher was 50% off the mains, so we had £32 off the meal. 

We left a £20 tip as it was the waitress who gave us the voucher info.

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Three million emails with the words “black Friday “ 🥱

I heard on the radio that only 2% of items in black Friday deals are the lowest price they've been throughout the year.

Seems the old supermarket trick of "putting a sale sticker on something" works with anything.

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I like local history and love looking at old photos of areas I know and there’s a lot pages on Instagram and Facebook, but the comments on them always infuriate me.

Shite like “everythin was so much better then and we all no why but were not aloud to say 🇬🇧🤬” with hundreds of likes and replies like “spot on, Keith”

Even ignoring those kind of comments, the rest are usually annoying for a few reasons. 

“I haven’t been to Birmingham for 30 years, it was so much friendlier and cleaner when I was young and there was no crime. Not like today when they’ll stab you if dare look at them.”

I get nostalgia and certain things may have been better (we’ve certainly lost a few beautiful buildings) but people generally talk so much nonsense.

It’s funny there were no comments and barely any reactions to the photos of the slums, back to back houses and child poverty that were posted the other day. 

Thank you. I could have written that exact post myself (in fact I was planning to do so, but you've saved me the bother). Bear in mind I'm probably the same generation (or even older) than some of the whiners, but I find myself frequently arguing with the silly old buggers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â