Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

They are greasy oily shite full of fat that taste like soap

I'm not sure what you think you are eating if you think something that full of fat isn't greasy

They're not greasy at all!

You need to head over to unpopular opinions again... :D 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

They are greasy oily shite full of fat that taste like soap

I'm not sure what you think you are eating if you think something that full of fat isn't greasy

Absolutely correct. Vile shite. 

Plenty of people don't like them, and might just genuinely dislike the flavour of avocado, but they do suffer more than the average fresh item of supermarket quality items being absolutely **** woeful. Flavourless and there seems to be about 2 hours from them rock hard and inedible to absolute mush.

I don't bother with anything other than root veg from supermarket veg aisles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I only discovered recently that Americans don't put butter in sandwiches. No wonder their country is such a mess. 

Wow. That does explain a lot. 

The rage and anger. 

Obsessed with shooting and killing 

Unwillingness to protect children whilst obsessing about the unborn. 

They need buttering up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Seem to be a lot of wrong opinions here, shameless wrong opinions. Butter on a warm sandwich, especially bacon or sausage is an essential. Same for a cold one. A sandwich should consist of 2 slices of bread, not 3, butter on both slices, thick butter, and then the filling. Any of those parts missing, you are no better than Lucy Letby.

thank-you.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Anyone putting butter on a bacon or sausage sandwich need to give their head a wobble 🙃

its acceptable if you aren't adding ketchup ,BBQ etc 

but, butter AND ketchup , then up against the wall you go without even the courtesy of a blindfold 

• Like 4

Just now, tonyh29 said:

its acceptable if you aren't adding ketchup ,BBQ etc 

but, butter AND ketchup , then up against the wall you go without even the courtesy of a blindfold 

Zackly, sauce is mandatory with bacon/sausage so there is no need for a “spread” on there, ever.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

sauce is mandatory with bacon/sausage

Nah, I like them with sauce and without. The cheaper the product between the bread, the greater the likelihood of sauce

But butter with Bacon or Sausage is deviant behaviour

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Are we talking about normal everyday avocado here or smashed avocado?

you mean the avocados that the chef dropped on the floor by accident and had to find a use for because they are so freakin' expensive?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Zackly, sauce is mandatory with bacon/sausage so there is no need for a “spread” on there, ever.

Completely the other way round for me.  I like the taste of bacon/sausage, so I don't need to cover it in a sauce that overpowers that.

A little bit of butter on 1 slice; perfect.

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The Americans over the last couple of pages

Shark Tank Writing GIF

I was thinking more this  ....

0nq1b8h2y4c31.jpg

(Sorry Americans  :) ) 

Edited by tonyh29

Butter with sandwiches subject. 

I’m relatively ambivalent. I suppose I would fall into the cold sandwich/butter hot sandwich/no butter group if anything. 

Related though, you’re having soup. Bread roll to your left. Little butter sachet along with it. Is it being opened? Do the no butter on any sandwich crowd do likewise or do they make an exception?

Me, again I’m easy going. If butter is about I will use it. It’s not essential though.

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

In countries where avocados grow naturally they’re a cheap staple food, and usually delicious. Easy to get a load of ripe ones for pennies and you can throw any bad ones away.

Problem here is you spend a fortune on like one or two avocados and then they’re rock solid and taste of nothing.

Don’t think we realise sometimes how crap our “versions” of non native fruit and veg are. Same with supermarket tomatoes, same with bananas. It’s really hard to eat well here without spending a bit extra on good quality produce, and seems to have got worse since Brexit and Covid.

It's self selection what's done for decent tasting veg. When the grocer would put your veg in a brown bag, you got what you got. 

When idiots like us choose the veg, we go for stuff that looks nice, and carrots that look straight. 

Veg looks really good in the UK nowadays, but by god it tastes of absolutely **** all. 

• Like 1

Â