Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Shops that don't abide by their stated opening hours. 

Here in Bulgaria this is very strict. You must post your opening hours on the door of your business as a condition of your trading license. Until they go on holiday for 4 weeks and post a torn A4 piece of paper daubed in crayon that they won't be open 'til September. Meanwhile they haven't updated google so you go halfway across town to see shutters and a something akin to a dirty protest.

The gimps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Here in Bulgaria this is very strict. You must post your opening hours on the door of your business as a condition of your trading license. Until they go on holiday for 4 weeks and post a torn A4 piece of paper daubed in crayon that they won't be open 'til September. Meanwhile they haven't updated google so you go halfway across town to see shutters and a something akin to a dirty protest.

The gimps.

Same here,reguarding opening hours.The only difference here is that shops dont close for holidays.

On 19/08/2023 at 22:58, Xela said:

Car parks where you have to input your reg number at the ticket machine... that doesn't piss me off, its the sheer volume of people that don't know their reg numbers when they get to the front of the queue. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Or the people who put all their shopping through the self checkout, piling it up on the other side. Then when they've paid they realise they have to bag everything up and stand there for another 5 minutes while they pack it away.

Goldfish

Oh God, it's me twice 😱

(Well, sort of...)

On the car parking machine part, I KNOW my car reg.  I KNOW it.  However, I just... I never really need to use it.  So what if I'm inputting the wrong thing here?  I never wait until the front of the queue to check, but I'm always double and triple checking my car reg before entering it :D 

On the self checkout thing, less that I forget to pack my shopping but certain self checkouts have this whole "press here to use your own bags" thing.  I have pretty sturdy, long standing bags and whenever I use this option, it then registers as (assumed) too heavy or something so an assistant needs to come over and enter their code to approve the bag.  It's a nonsense.  So I often just scan everything through, pay, and then pack it to avoid the faff.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Oh God, it's me twice 😱

(Well, sort of...)

On the car parking machine part, I KNOW my car reg.  I KNOW it.  However, I just... I never really need to use it.  So what if I'm inputting the wrong thing here?  I never wait until the front of the queue to check, but I'm always double and triple checking my car reg before entering it :D 

On the self checkout thing, less that I forget to pack my shopping but certain self checkouts have this whole "press here to use your own bags" thing.  I have pretty sturdy, long standing bags and whenever I use this option, it then registers as (assumed) too heavy or something so an assistant needs to come over and enter their code to approve the bag.  It's a nonsense.  So I often just scan everything through, pay, and then pack it to avoid the faff.

I despise you

• Haha 2

On 19/08/2023 at 22:58, Xela said:

Car parks where you have to input your reg number at the ticket machine... that doesn't piss me off, its the sheer volume of people that don't know their reg numbers when they get to the front of the queue. 

They've recently installed one of those at one of the larger shopping centres in the Dublin area, and rather than what I'd call 'touch screen' it seems they've installed punch screen technology and added a slight delay to the reaction too. Which is a true delight and really doesn't help expedite the process.

55 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

How did you guess. I gave it an hour then went. Irritated beyond belief, had lots of money to be spent. 

Because it’s entirely in character for both the shop and the town

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Or the people who put all their shopping through the self checkout, piling it up on the other side. Then when they've paid they realise they have to bag everything up and stand there for another 5 minutes while they pack it away.

Goldfish

Also see those who get to the checkout and seem surprised to find out they've got to pay, rumagging around in the bottom of their enormous handbag eventually locating the purse. 

Spend a bit of time fishing it out before unzipping the purse, unzipping the cash pouch, fiddling about getting a twenty out, putting it back, eventually find the folded up tenner, then fish out the remaining £3.78p in coins, a £2 coin, a couple of 50p's,  three 20s, 10p, 5p, 2p, 50p, oh no don't need that, another 2p sorry not got a 1p.  Take the 1p change, slip it into the cash pouch, zip up the purse, unzip the purse, put the receipt in, zip up the purse, put the purse in the handbag, zip up the handbag. Have a quick chat with the check out person. 

I'm stood behind her with my tap and go card in hand because I'm fully aware I've got to pay, red faced and shaking as the third person in the adjacent checkout moves off. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BOF said:

and rather than what I'd call 'touch screen' it seems they've installed punch screen technology

Ah, I have one of those at the local car-wash. You have to go Koko B. Ware from the top rope on it to get a registered selection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

People won't dare park in electric car parking space in their petrol/diesel but are happy to park in a family parking space without a child with them. 

Cnuts. 

There is a parking place in town that is like my own special reserved parking space.

It’s been painted up as an electric charging space, but there’s no charger. So ‘normal’ cars won’t park there and electric cars work out they can’t charge and drive off.

It’s brilliant. Absolutely middle of town, been there 4 or 5 times, the space is vacant every time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There is a parking place in town that is like my own special reserved parking space.

It’s been painted up as an electric charging space, but there’s no charger. So ‘normal’ cars won’t park there and electric cars work out they can’t charge and drive off.

It’s brilliant. Absolutely middle of town, been there 4 or 5 times, the space is vacant every time.

Yep that would definitely piss me off too :D 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My renewal quote for my car insurance is 112% higher than my current premium.

Seems fair

Ouch, I thought mine doubling was bad enough. Especially liked the bit where the letter said they were legally obligated to offer me a renewal rate that's the same as if I were a new customer. If I get a minute this weekend, I'll be checking out that suggestion. 

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Ouch, I thought mine doubling was bad enough. Especially liked the bit where the letter said they were legally obligated to offer me a renewal rate that's the same as if I were a new customer. If I get a minute this weekend, I'll be checking out that suggestion. 

Yep mine said the exact same thing. ****

Sometimes I hate living in a quiet street, because pretty much every day some **** is breaking the peace. Today a nobber has his petrol leaf blowing running at 50,000 rpm making the small number of leaves into neat piles to be picked up.

I’m thinking of smashing him over the head with a rake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sometimes I hate living in a quiet street, because pretty much every day some **** is breaking the peace. Today a nobber has his petrol leaf blowing running at 50,000 rpm making the small number of leaves into neat piles to be picked up.

I’m thinking of smashing him over the head with a rake.

Well can you please smash him quietly ?

Think of the neighbours, Dave !

• Haha 3

On a similar note, I didn't realise when I bought my house that it was under the flight path for birmingham airport.

We've moved from living on a main road, which was just constant (and I mean constant, even at night) road noise, to a really quiet road. but it's interrupted periodically by planes flying over.

Don't get me wrong, we're far enough away from the airport that the planes are still pretty high. The noise is only like a car driving past. But it pisses me off that I didn't even consider the possibility before I moved

Â