Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

18 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I get all the sectional stuff. I used to work in a restaurant myself but this was self-guided omadhaun behaviour. 

That said, my waitress was an absolute stunner.

Interesting. Where did you come across an (albeit anglicised spelling of an...) Irish word ? :) 

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When you're in a restaurant which is almost empty but a group sit on the table next to you. 

Enjoy my egg powered crop dusting your bellzoids.

Same when you park in a not so busy carpark, an someone parks so close to you they struggle to open their door. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Interesting. Where did you come across an (albeit anglicised spelling of an...) Irish word ? :) 

Eddie Fitzpatrick of the Lamp Tavern, formerly of Offaly. First called me an omadhaun when I burnt his eggs the morning after we beat small heath 5-1. I've used it as an insult ever since.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

124184126_10215494349712482_7740341242101727021_o-683x1024.thumb.jpg.e840a2ef45ef1650c7c05f5d76807ffd.jpg

Absolutely, we plan to retire there. If anyone has a chance to get to Plovdiv for a few days it's well worth it.

download.jpeg

My best mate is married to a lady from Plovdiv. They're always on at us to visit the place. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My best mate is married to a lady from Plovdiv. They're always on at us to visit the place. 

You should. Beautiful Roman town with amphitheatre in the middle of it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

You should. Beautiful Roman town with amphitheatre in the middle of it. 

What @AVFC_Hitz said. Do it @mjmooney, it's so beautiful. I went in early September; still warm, but just past the main holiday season, so not crazy busy.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2023 at 11:37, tinker said:

Good luck, hope you get the pay that doing shifts deserves. If the airport management think they can appease passengers with 'their asking for to much' government line then their deluded. The damage they will do to an already poorly run airport will last for years. 

Didn't take long, the easyJet strike is off as they've caved in at the first chance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

And you can get there by Lokomotiv.

Eh? Eh?

My mate's been to a lot of their home games. Dirty team, he reckons. 

That to some political journalists, it's just a bit of an abstract game. Who's in? Who's out? So exciting?

This is our **** lives you Westminster bubble living word removed.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2023 at 09:15, chrisp65 said:

Welsh is an open invite, you’re Welsh if you wanna be Welsh.

Etymology of the word Britain

Britain (n.)

proper name of the island containing England, Scotland, and Wales, c. 1300, Breteyne, from Old French Bretaigne, from Latin Britannia, earlier Brittania, from Brittani "the Britons" (see Briton). The Old English place-name Brytenlond meant "Wales." If there was a Celtic name for the island, it has not been recorded.

We literally live on an Island whose name is Big Wales

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

been having a few back problems over the past month so went to visit an Osteopath today , before treatment  they start asking all these questions to ascertain t level of discomfort any other areas of pain etc

she then asked me " is there anything you can't do " 

so i replied , well I can't play the piano 

she then asked if it was because of the sitting on the chair or the movement of my arms when playing 

When I then explained that  really I just can't play the piano she looked at me like I was not quite there in the head .... maybe  this is why I work in an office and I'm not on the stage   :( 

I love this. It's the kind of joke I would also struggle not to make.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

been having a few back problems over the past month so went to visit an Osteopath today , before treatment  they start asking all these questions to ascertain t level of discomfort any other areas of pain etc

she then asked me " is there anything you can't do " 

so i replied , well I can't play the piano 

she then asked if it was because of the sitting on the chair or the movement of my arms when playing 

When I then explained that  really I just can't play the piano she looked at me like I was not quite there in the head .... maybe  this is why I work in an office and I'm not on the stage   :( 

Oh yeah, I'd have to bite my tongue in that situation.

When I'm in a restaurant and they ask me if I have any allergies, I say "Tories". I can't stop myself.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Well? Did she make your Bach better?

Uh-oh, we need to get a Handel on all these puns. 

• Like 2

Â