Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

22 hours ago, bielesibub said:

this has also boiled my piss - if it's not some plastic faced tv scroat gagging for attention, it'll be a ginger ex-member of the royal family, back in the day this kind of crap would be in the '.. and also in the news section'. Somewhere along the way the media world got flipped on its head.

Is he just writing bullshit and suing people now for a living. Guess he's gotta earn somehow. Funny though, as silly me thought he moved to Merica to stay out the public eye, he's never been in it so much.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Is he just writing bullshit and suing people now for a living. Guess he's gotta earn somehow. Funny though, as silly me thought he moved to Merica to stay out the public eye, he's never been in it so much.

I think the penny dropped that he was going to be in the papers every day regardless so should be making some money out of it.

Have to create a screensaver for a client. Simple enough, until I come to do it, then find that none of the software out there actually works. Key is that it displays on multiple monitors. So I choose software that does that. Except it doesn't work. Have been on this for two day solid now, and for various reasons. NONE of the (so far 9) software packages I've tried work properly.

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Have to create a screensaver for a client. Simple enough, until I come to do it, then find that none of the software out there actually works. Key is that it displays on multiple monitors. So I choose software that does that. Except it doesn't work. Have been on this for two day solid now, and for various reasons. NONE of the (so far 9) software packages I've tried work properly.

I made a screensaver for my PC, it features lots of pictures of Christina Hendricks.

this certainly does NOT piss me off ;)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If you're choosing to side with the right wing gutter press then you might want to consider your choices. It's not a good look.

isn't his trial against the Daily Mirror ? 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

isn't his trial against the Daily Mirror ? 

True but isn't it mainly against when Piers Morgan was editor? He's pretty right wing media and all the papers that hammer Harry and convince people to hate him are right wing media. 

They're all culpable. They're all so terrified, and he's so vilified by them because he has absolutely zero need to settle out of court. His motivation is twofold; to protect Meghan and to expose their wrongdoing. If he wins, and the evidence he's presenting is the same evidence that has caused them all to settle out of court *hundreds* of time at a total cost of more than £1bn, then their whole existence is threatened. All their previous defences of 'nothing to see here', 'nothing proven in court', 'just doing our job', 'in the public interest', 'nothing illegal'; all of this is absolute crap. They operate above the law, in their own interest and only in their own interest.

To understand their behaviour, think of when a narcissist is called out on their behaviour and how they react. Only this time the person calling them out will not back down, will not be intimidated and will pursue and expose them to his last breath.

The press see his actions as an existential threat. And they are right to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anthony said:

Is this client from the 90s?

• Haha 2

Every time. EVERY **** ing time. :angry: 

Peter Crouch enjoyed a career that spanned more than 20 years and played for the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool, Southampton and Stoke City. 

Sport Bible

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Every time. EVERY **** ing time. :angry: 

Sometimes I look at these and think they're taking the piss, but not so much here. He played 37 out of his 600 odd career games for us, with a maximum of 18 games in a season for us. He wasn't a significant player for us, and we weren't a particularly significant team in his career.

If anyone is pissed off, it should be Portsmouth fans being overlooked for Southampton when he played twice as many games for Pompey. 

Edited by Davkaus

44 minutes ago, limpid said:

Is this client from the 90s?

Pretty much my first thought!

Actually kind of makes sense though. They want more employees to be aware of and get involved with some of their social programs, so every unused screen will be a big repeating advert.

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Pretty much my first thought!

Actually kind of makes sense though. They want more employees to be aware of and get involved with some of their social programs, so every unused screen will be a big repeating advert.

Assuming this is shitty Windows, can't their device management tools do this?

(Built-in on ChromeOS)

25 minutes ago, limpid said:

Assuming this is shitty Windows, can't their device management tools do this?

(Built-in on ChromeOS)

How dare you! It's not shitty Windows. It's wobbly Windows.

Anyway, maybe. I'd think so, but I don't know enough about a) Windows management tools generally, and b) whatever their setup is specifically.

I do know that they think they can't do it, and with the deadline as it is, that's kind of all that counts.

Â