Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

9 hours ago, bickster said:

But if the warehouse is being used then it isn't. But I still don’t see why it pisses you off. It’s not your land, it’s not where you work, you have no stake in it. Why does it matter to you.?

I think your taking it a bit too far. My main point was to @Xela  that there was huge car parks but no cars, as many people work from home now.

Been feeling shit since Wednesday. Probably got the old covid again (third time.) It’s like swallowing razorblades right now and I’m getting intensly bored just lounging around and not being able to spend any quality time with my son. 

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

The wife has an interview tomorrow. She bought a couple of new outfits on Friday which looked nice and I confirmed this when she asked.
Tonight she’s tried a weird blouse/jacket ensemble which looked odd and badly fitting and I said I preferred the other outfits…. guess who is the worst husband in the world?

Had the same in the week, we are going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and Mrs was flapping about a new dress. I said "why don't you wear that posh jacket and trouser suit you wore the other day, looked nice". To her reply, "why, do I now look too fat in a dress"!!!  I was trying to be nice  😂

• Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Had the same in the week, we are going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and Mrs was flapping about a new dress. I said "why don't you wear that posh jacket and trouser suit you wore the other day, looked nice". To her reply, "why, do I now look too fat in a dress"!!!  I was trying to be nice  😂

My daughter (10) actually said “Dad, just say she looks nice otherwise this happens…”

She’s a fast learner!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Coming out of the Home Bargains/Aldi car park at Ventura, there’s a sign that says “No Right Turn”. This is so the traffic doesn’t come to a standstill all the way back to the roundabout.

But quelle surpreeeez, virtually every prick in a car ignores the sign and tries to turn right, pulling out into the oncoming traffic making it stop, causing tailbacks, when if you turn left it’s like an extra 100 yards travel.

Brain dead, selfish, unwiped balloon-knots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The wife has an interview tomorrow. She bought a couple of new outfits on Friday which looked nice and I confirmed this when she asked.
Tonight she’s tried a weird blouse/jacket ensemble which looked odd and badly fitting and I said I preferred the other outfits…. guess who is the worst husband in the world?

You were never going to win!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95211cf49d6e4c44daf0a

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Coming out of the Home Bargains/Aldi car park at Ventura, there’s a sign that says “No Right Turn”. This is so the traffic doesn’t come to a standstill all the way back to the roundabout.

But quelle surpreeeez, virtually every prick in a car ignores the sign and tries to turn right, pulling out into the oncoming traffic making it stop, causing tailbacks, when if you turn left it’s like an extra 100 yards travel.

Brain dead, selfish, unwiped balloon-knots.

Standard of driving nowadays is terrible. A lot of arrogant words removed on the road. 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Oh Dave. Schoolboy error.

My wife broke the glass front of one of the shelves in our refrigerator door.   Of course you can't buy just the glass and insert it, you have to buy the whole shelf.  So I look it up on line and the manufacturer wanted something like $700 for it!   A freaking plastic shelf with piece of glass in it!  I do some searching and find it from some place for just over $300 and order it.   A week later comes the e-mail saying it's out of stock and back-ordered, and the estimated ship date is in 2 weeks.   Every 2 weeks since February I've been getting an e-mail saying there's been a status change and the new estimated ship date is in another 2 weeks.

Finally had enough and cancelled the order and found it elsewhere for $400.   Still highway robbery.   We bought a 2nd fridge for our garage a few years ago, and it cost us 1/2 of what a damn shelf cost for our main fridge.   Absolutely bonkers.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I thought I was safe as there was 2 approved outfits in reserve… 😬

What you should have said was... "It's nice but I think the other two outfits look more professional for an interview"

Would I Mr Say It As You See It take my own advice....? not a chance in hell :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

What you should have said was... "It's nice but I think the other two outfits look more professional for an interview"

Would I Mr Say It As You See It take my own advice....? not a chance in hell :D 

That’s actually what I went with, but little did I know that the 2 approved outfits from Friday became unacceptable by Sunday evening 🤷‍♂️ 

Monday morning and Fridays approved outfit is selected, and looks fine. 

4 hours ago, il_serpente said:

My wife broke the glass front of one of the shelves in our refrigerator door.   Of course you can't buy just the glass and insert it, you have to buy the whole shelf.  So I look it up on line and the manufacturer wanted something like $700 for it!   A freaking plastic shelf with piece of glass in it!  I do some searching and find it from some place for just over $300 and order it.   A week later comes the e-mail saying it's out of stock and back-ordered, and the estimated ship date is in 2 weeks.   Every 2 weeks since February I've been getting an e-mail saying there's been a status change and the new estimated ship date is in another 2 weeks.

Finally had enough and cancelled the order and found it elsewhere for $400.   Still highway robbery.   We bought a 2nd fridge for our garage a few years ago, and it cost us 1/2 of what a damn shelf cost for our main fridge.   Absolutely bonkers.

Surely a piece of reinforced glass that size would be realtively cheap from a glass supplier?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villaajax said:

Surely a piece of reinforced glass that size would be realtively cheap from a glass supplier?

I got some reinforced glass shelves made to measure at a local place here, only something like £25 each. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Genie said:

My daughter (10) actually said “Dad, just say she looks nice otherwise this happens…”

She’s a fast learner!

She speaks wisely now, but soon she will become a woman herself.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

We’re in proper 2 cuts a week season for the garden now. 

WTF. 

I told Mrs Sidcow the other day I'm not doing it weekly whatever she wants. 

Mind you we've a big garden and it's takes forever. 

Â