Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

You never heard of one of these?

y2o79znzlbrimokomnjy.jpg

Every Sunday night when I was growing up my dad, and then later on, my sister, religiously recorded the top 40 off the radio. At one point we must have had every top 40 from about 1978 to 1988. Almost needed an extra spare bedroom to store all of the tapes!

Those didn't exist in 1971!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, limpid said:

In the modern world, Shazam is dead :mrgreen: I glance at the lock screen of my phone and it tells me what's playing, even with no data connection.

It's odd, but I'm sure I know someone who worked on the original Shazam (2580), but it's so long ago that I don't remember who that might have been.

What sorcery is this?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If you have ever tried to get from Kingsheath area back to Sutton, it's about 12 mile, it takes me about an hour an half, nightmare around 1600, defo back to pre covid times.

I've done this journey a few times. it's absolutely shit :D 

Solihull back to Sutton at busy times is equally as horrible

• Like 1

So the IDKWTCH and I have bought a house. Great, fantastic, very excited about it.

But I've done everything. I found the house, arranged the viewings, made the offer (via auction), found the solicitors etc etc. I've even done all of the decorating planning.

I've also paid for absolutely everything. Literally. She'll be paying the mortgage with me, but absolutely everything else so far, including the whole deposit, has been paid by me.

Nothing about the above pisses me off. I know the scenario, I'm happy to do it.

What pisses me off is I was meant to email the solicitor yesterday and I was so busy at work I forgot so didn't do it. I'll do it today.

Get home from work and end up in a massive argument because she's pissed off about me not emailing.

THAT pisses me off. And I don't think it should be in this thread :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

So the IDKWTCH and I have bought a house. Great, fantastic, very excited about it.

But I've done everything. I found the house, arranged the viewings, made the offer (via auction), found the solicitors etc etc.

I've also paid for absolutely everything. Literally. She'll be paying the mortgage with me, but absolutely everything else so far, including the whole deposit, has been paid by me.

Nothing about the above pisses me off. I know the scenario, I'm happy to do it.

What pisses me off is I was meant to email the solicitor yesterday and I was so busy at work I forgot so didn't do it. I'll do it today.

Get home from work and end up in a massive argument because she's pissed off about me not emailing.

THAT pisses me off. And I don't think it should be in this thread :D 

Are you guys “romantically involved” now or is it purely business / parenting?

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Must only be on you rich folks' fancy phones, 'cos it ain't on mine. 

Mine doesn't either. I'll just stick to walking into Our Price and humming it to the girl behind the counter.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Purely co-parenting

Cheers. I applaud your financial commitment to the little man and his mother, and then getting an ear bending as thanks.

It’s for that reason I’d personally be wanting things to be a bit more split down the middle. 

On 21/03/2023 at 10:01, StefanAVFC said:

I've killed 7 mice in our attic in 3 days.

I hate what they've turned me into

Can we get Stefan's title changed to "Rum Tum Tugger" please?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Mine doesn't either. I'll just stick to walking into Our Price and humming it to the girl behind the counter.

I used to work in Our Price and people would hum things to me. I remember this huge tank of a guy coming in and just generally looking intimidating as ****. He then asked me if I knew this thing that had been going round in his head. I expected it to be some crap pop-rap stuff which I wouldn't know, causing him to lamp me, but it turns out it was Vangelis Conquest of Paradise. I recognised it and found it for him. He had the biggest grin ever. Good times.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What does it even take to get a title round here? I did, apparently, "win the internet for all time", and yet here we are.

They're much like a Nando's Black Card; they can only be bequeathed upon you by clandestine ritual, and to request one is considered the highest taboo.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

They're much like a Nando's Black Card; they can only be bequeathed upon you by clandestine ritual, and to request one is considered the highest taboo.

I was careful not to request one, as this was assumed to be the case.

Â