Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Accidentally clicking on the 'What song are you listening to now' thread and reading all the show-offs before quickly realising what you've done. Ach, thpuh, spit, ack.
Why not just click some of the links and have a listen? You might discover something good. That's what it's there for.

Pff. It's there to avoid. Just like there's a wonderful "All-purpose" religion thread that makes those topics easy to avoid too. Wonderful. But not so when you click them. Noooo.

overhearing maddeningly dull conversations that still distract you nonetheless, spoken at just the right pitch its un-ignorable.

person one: it's been really hot today, in here i've been like hot and cold!

person two: yeah, deffo, when i first came in it was really hot and then I opened the door and now it's colder!

:bang::bang::bang: :bonk: :detect:

angry that that dialogue stuck in my mind verbatim instantly, yet the pages I was trying to study appeared to have an invisible barrier preventing my eye sending signals to the brain to 'remember this shit'.

Rashers having 7 in a pack. A **** prime number. Like I'm going to eat 4 the first day and 3 the next. Or 3 the first and 2 for the following 2. I want to have 2 grilled rashers in a toasted sesame bagel with soft cheese. Today I'll be having one rasher. Just cut them slightly thinner and put in 8 you pricks.

I feel the same way about bagels, why put 5 in a pack and not 6?

Rashers having 7 in a pack. A **** prime number. Like I'm going to eat 4 the first day and 3 the next. Or 3 the first and 2 for the following 2. I want to have 2 grilled rashers in a toasted sesame bagel with soft cheese. Today I'll be having one rasher. Just cut them slightly thinner and put in 8 you pricks.

I feel the same way about bagels, why put 5 in a pack and not 6?

Morrisons do them in fours.

overhearing maddeningly dull conversations that still distract you nonetheless, spoken at just the right pitch its un-ignorable.
Got that today in my regular (supposedly quiet) half hour in Starbucks with a coffee and a book.

Two blokes at the next table, about my age, talking loudly about 'The Voice'. One had never seen it, the other was an enthusiast, and described it all in detail - how the voting worked, who was in who's 'team', what great singers the contestants were, ad nauseam.

There's me trying to mentally travel to distant galaxies with my sf novel. Not a chance. Bastards.

You could buy two packs and you'd be set for a week!

The moneysupermarket "epic" radio and TV adverts. Just not funny at all.

Any advert that tries to be funny and fails is so infuriatingly annoying.

There's one on TV at the moment for some sort of, as far as I can tell, modern pawn shop. They'll buy anything for cash.

Two blokes talking about things they'll buy

The one guy ends up shouting something about a donkey at the other one.

Make me want to plunge my face into a deep fat fryer

Boxing and the people who judge fights. Its probabley the case that this should pi55 me off but as it seesm to be the way of thngs it's normal for the score cards to be completely wrong.

I sold my car 6 months ago so I go by train and bus, I load my phone up with 3 or 4 recent fights that I don't know the result. So I watch the fights as I travel. I am no expert but I score the fights in my head as I go along and my scorre card is pretty much the same as the comentators etc....

It goes to the judges and they get it wrong more times than right, how can this be when there are 3 of them. I can understand 1 mong managing to get the gig but 2 out of 3 is a bit much.

Example : Tavoris Cloud and Gabriel Campillo (late feb 12) - Absolute joke of a result. It does my head in.

Boxing and the people who judge fights. Its probabley the case that this should pi55 me off but as it seesm to be the way of thngs it's normal for the score cards to be completely wrong.

I sold my car 6 months ago so I go by train and bus, I load my phone up with 3 or 4 recent fights that I don't know the result. So I watch the fights as I travel. I am no expert but I score the fights in my head as I go along and my scorre card is pretty much the same as the comentators etc....

It goes to the judges and they get it wrong more times than right, how can this be when there are 3 of them. I can understand 1 mong managing to get the gig but 2 out of 3 is a bit much.

Example : Tavoris Cloud and Gabriel Campillo (late feb 12) - Absolute joke of a result. It does my head in.

Yeah its getting worse these days and seems to be happening more in British boxing as well. What annoys me more is the token early stoppages in domestic british fights. Refs are a complete joke, even if the boxer isnt in trouble they will stop the fight after 3-4 consecutive punches just to pad the rising star, such as Franke Gavin, record.

Â