Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 08/04/2022 at 11:16, mottaloo said:

If you can afford it (and moneybags @Xeladeffo can !) invest in some Creed - aventus or silver mountain water being faves of mine. 

You'll be fighting off the clunge in no time.

On 08/04/2022 at 11:47, BOF said:

Creed - Aventus is the nicest smell known to man. It's also one of the most expensive aftershaves you can buy, and yet still worth it somehow. I have a few cheap alternatives to it which I will not be sharing in case they go scarce through popularity. Neh neh.

On 08/04/2022 at 13:49, BOF said:

@mottaloo I'll check out Silver Mountain Water now though :thumb:It's not like I have enough aftershaves already.

I really do.

Good shouts but this is my personal favourite

92586_img-8457-chanel-allure_homme_editi

Has to be the Édition Blanche. It's lovely

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

15 mins for me last night 

Same for me, which was lucky because some cretin on the train-tracks had us sitting still for almost an hour. Got to the gate with 15 minutes to spare. word removed

16 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

The obvious solution is to reduce the size of the goals. 

I know this isnt the womens football thread, but its something that pisses me off...

The standard of goalkeeping is awful in general - there's never an admittance that a keeper should have saved a shot or held a cross under no pressure that's been floated in. Pundits are terrified to criticise mistakes/poor play. Male players get slaughtered, and I appreciate that the media spotlight is different, but there's a reluctance to admit what are glaringly poor players/errors.

I think reducing the size of the goals (and possibly the pitch, but that's a seperate debate) would make a huge difference. 

You could easily get called sexist for suggesting that but I think you're right.  A lot of other sports make concessions for the women's version.  I understand it's tough to put new goalposts and reduce the pitch in your local park but there might be a way of attaching a new detachable crossbar a bit lower than the existing one so it's easier for a female keeper.

Funny, I thought they were putting smart motorways on hold due to having no hard shoulder. Shock  horror just come back down the M5 from Gloucester, they are starting some works closing off the fast lane and so using the hard shoulder for at least 10 miles. Is this not defeating the object of safety??

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Funny, I thought they were putting smart motorways on hold due to having no hard shoulder. Shock  horror just come back down the M5 from Gloucester, they are starting some works closing off the fast lane and so using the hard shoulder for at least 10 miles. Is this not defeating the object of safety??

Thats roadworks which is entirely different to SMART motorways, Roadworks usually involve Free recovery and reduced speed limits and they are temporary.

Just saw pictures of Edspaz Sheeran, in a pub in small heath, drinking Carling Black **** label, getting pissed with a load of tracksuit and burberry clad knuckledraggers. 

I despise the ginger arse-boil even more now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Thats roadworks which is entirely different to SMART motorways, Roadworks usually involve Free recovery and reduced speed limits and they are temporary.

I would love to see them recover someone without closing the motorway on the M5. The works will be on for at least 6 months.

"Playbook"

Used too often, for example the Politico website has a daily 'Playbook' update where they talk about what is happening in the world of politics.

It's not a **** game, but that's how they treat it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I would love to see them recover someone without closing the motorway on the M5. The works will be on for at least 6 months.

I imagine they do it most weeks if not most days when roadworks are on

On 11/04/2022 at 09:35, Stevo985 said:

92586_img-8457-chanel-allure_homme_editi

Has to be the Édition Blanche. It's lovely

Tried it on my lunch time just there. Maybe it'll dry in better, but at the moment not for me. Much too sweet.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Tried it on my lunch time just there. Maybe it'll dry in better, but at the moment not for me. Much too sweet.

Coming from my life partner, that hurts

I also wear this, even though it's a bit of cliché

Y0785220_F078524009_E01_GHC.jpg?sw=715&s

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Coming from my life partner, that hurts

I also wear this, even though it's a bit of cliché

Y0785220_F078524009_E01_GHC.jpg?sw=715&s

Yeah sausage was bought for me, and yeah it's a bit too sweet for me too although others seem to like it. Invictus is another variation on the sausage theme.

• Like 1

Yeah road works can piss off. Despise them, especially when some knob head in an office signs off on loads in one area so it's impossible to get around.

Astles Bridge has been shut since January and it's done my tits in.

• Like 1

The amount of people I work with who gleefully proclaim they are “giving you some time back” when a video conference meeting finishes before the allotted time. 

(The fact that the meetings are invariably a colossal waste of time in the first place is the ultimate irony). 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, choffer said:

The amount of people I work with who gleefully proclaim they are “giving you some time back” when a video conference meeting finishes before the allotted time. 

(The fact that the meetings are invariably a colossal waste of time in the first place is the ultimate irony). 

The proverbial “gift of time”, not just our place then.

words removed causing havoc round by us at the fuel depot have been on the radio. 

Some Millie Tant woman said "we're  not protestors because we're not protesting. It's civil disobedience." 

I assume its OK for me to be civilly disobedient and cave your head in with my baseball bat then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â