Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was driving my (stinky) mate to work for about a year and he likes metal whereas I like indie, so I made a Spotify playlist of more crossover songs that we both like specifically to stop us inflicting our radio stations on each other.  He asked if I could make it public so he can add songs to it and I stupidly said yes and ended up with a shitload of weird foreign metal songs stuck on.  It completely defeated the object of setting up the playlist in the **** first place.

What a weird thing to do? When anyone is in the car with me, it's my car so I play the music  No one ever complains, although if you are with someone in the car, it's usually chatting bull*** and being social rather than listening to specific music surely, unless on a road trip.

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Use Apple/Android Pay or similar and not a card, you wont ever get the declined thing unless there really is no money in the account, that method of payment doesn't suffer from the banks requiring you to put you PIN in every now and again because it uses 2FA every time you use it, so it guarantee's it is you making the payment

I can't get Apple Pay on my Nokia 3310

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I don't think I would ever pull something like that. I get in a mates car, yes I complain about the music it even then. I am not touching his knob.

jim-carrey-ohcome-on.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Office day today. Yes it rained. 

Worked out I spent £55 during the day, £47 on food and drink. 

Cheaper to crank my heating up and work from home all day! 

• Shocked 1

Something that really pisses me off is how much I sweat. I have hyperhidrosis, but you can't really get any treatment for it on the NHS besides prescription antiperspirants and stuff like that, which address some of the symptons, but don't really help.

Botox treatment is really expensive, and I've never bothered with it, because from what I gather it just targets specific areas like feet or armpits or whatever.

I know there are risk factors like smoking. alcohol, caffeine, obesity, etc but I'm not overweight, I don't smoke, and even when I limit alcohol / caffeine it's still a problem.

I've had it since I was a kid so I've just learnt to live with it, but it is very annoying. Clothes need washing and replacing more often. I need to think carefully about what I wear for job interviews or any other high stress event. If I have to walk quickly or stand on a crowded train / tube / bus then I'll end up sweating, and then for the rest of the day you're worried about either visible sweat patches or BO or whatever.

It's incredibly annoying, and I don't think people discuss it much because it's seen as a lifestyle issue or a minor affliction. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this and how they handle it. Sometimes it really gets to me.

It also exposes you to random things like athlete's foot, skin infections, dehydration... why has nobody solved this?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

47 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Now, whenever I connect my iPhone to my car, it doesn’t matter if I’ve just been listening to podcast or music on Spotify, it without fail starts playing the bloody Sugababes. 

I don't understand. Is that an iPhone thing? My Spotify just picks up whatever was playing last. It never plays anything without me telling it to. 

16 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Something that really pisses me off is how much I sweat. I have hyperhidrosis, but you can't really get any treatment for it on the NHS besides prescription antiperspirants and stuff like that, which address some of the symptons, but don't really help.

Botox treatment is really expensive, and I've never bothered with it, because from what I gather it just targets specific areas like feet or armpits or whatever.

I know there are risk factors like smoking. alcohol, caffeine, obesity, etc but I'm not overweight, I don't smoke, and even when I limit alcohol / caffeine it's still a problem.

I've had it since I was a kid so I've just learnt to live with it, but it is very annoying. Clothes need washing and replacing more often. I need to think carefully about what I wear for job interviews or any other high stress event. If I have to walk quickly or stand on a crowded train / tube / bus then I'll end up sweating, and then for the rest of the day you're worried about either visible sweat patches or BO or whatever.

It's incredibly annoying, and I don't think people discuss it much because it's seen as a lifestyle issue or a minor affliction. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this and how they handle it. Sometimes it really gets to me.

It also exposes you to random things like athlete's foot, skin infections, dehydration... why has nobody solved this?

Yep same here, armpit rings were the bane of my life and a huge contributing factor to my social anxiety. People think you’re unclean or a tramp without realising you probably shower and keep clean more than most people. Black and dark clothing were my life for many years from late teens until about my mid to late twenties and I discovered Anhydrol Forte. It was very effective for me but it stung like a bastard when trying to get to sleep. I think the current version is called Driclor and there’s a much less stingy version which luckily works for me. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

About 15 years ago, when I was in a pop punk band with @Rob182, I thought Sugababes’ “About You Now” would make a good cover, so I bought it on iTunes.

Now, whenever I connect my iPhone to my car, it doesn’t matter if I’ve just been listening to podcast or music on Spotify, it without fail starts playing the bloody Sugababes. 

I have the same with Johnny Cash’s A Boy Named Sue. Which isn’t a bad tune, to be fair, but I’m starting to hate it. 

• Like 1

Rainy days during school holidays. The lad was going crazy stuck inside all day so we've gone to a soft play centre. They aren’t great on a normal day but absolutely heaving today. At least I can sit and drink a (overpriced, bad tasting and scolding hot) coffee now that he's bigger and doesn't need constant attention. 

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't understand. Is that an iPhone thing? My Spotify just picks up whatever was playing last. It never plays anything without me telling it to. 

I think it’s an iPhone thing, or at least something to do with iPhone’s being connected to cars. It doesn’t do it with earphones.

The display on my car says iPod when I connect it, not iPhone. Maybe that’s where it gets confused. 

I think it must start playing all songs in your iTunes library in alphabetical order, explains why both mine and @El Zen’s torture songs both start with A.

Should I have put this in the boring thread?

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

I think that’s it, @Paddywhack, that it starts playing the individual tracks in my itunes library in alphabetical order. 

I always immediately switch to spotify or podcasts. I wish my phone would learn by now that I almost never listen to music from my itunes library. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I sweat a lot  .. I don't mean just sitting at my desk looking at dancing girls on Tik Tok , I mean when I go to the gym at lunchtime  , there is sweat all over the floor when I finish my run so I have to give it a spray and wipe with the covid stuff they have now put in the gyms ... I helped a mate move at the weekend and i was drenched , he took me for a pint afterwards and i had to go into the toilets and dry my shirt on the hand dryer !! 

never been to have it checked out tbh but don't  think  mine is hyperhidrosis , tbh i just put it down to being a bit of a fat bastard  

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â