Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

This is at Haden Hill Leisure Centre.

I might make a complaint and see if they can enforce something.

*light bulb* Mayyyyybe when you go to make a complaint you will meet a nice little number and you won't have to be on POF anymore :) ....maybe. Just a thought.

*starts ranting at manager*

*notices a cute little number behind a desk staring my way*

*slowly stops ranting and lowers voice*

"How YOU doin'?"

Don't forget to memorise some of Rob's jokes from the "Wahey! it's a joke thread" thread, so you can be funny.

you mean like "statistically 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape?"

those are bound to get them turned on

This is at Haden Hill Leisure Centre.

I might make a complaint and see if they can enforce something.

*light bulb* Mayyyyybe when you go to make a complaint you will meet a nice little number and you won't have to be on POF anymore :) ....maybe. Just a thought.

*starts ranting at manager*

*notices a cute little number behind a desk staring my way*

*slowly stops ranting and lowers voice*

"How YOU doin'?"

Don't forget to memorise some of Rob's jokes from the "Wahey! it's a joke thread" thread, so you can be funny.

*laughing* It's nothing that I understand or even have reasoning for, but in my world the glass is more than half full, most of the time. And I just think that stranger things have happened. As much as I love Robs jokes, I would think that those might need to be saved for date 3 or 4. When she is trapped or something.

But so I don't stay off topic for too long..........

My effin' client showing up late and then complaining it's our fault for the location that btw she has been at before but couldn't find!!!!!

People that blow on their food before eating it. My mom does it all the time. Why? It doesnt do anything at all to the temperature, all it does is annoy me. Same with sipping/slurping hot tea as soon as its been made. Just wait a bit ffs.

T-bone steak

Trying to watch me scrape out every last piece of meat from the bone seems to provide some form of comic value to my family

Surely I'm not the only one who picks up the bone and chews it ?

Kids playing Call Of Duty (and games of that ilk). I know talkshite yapped on about it earlier but it's a view I've held for a while, I don't think parents should be so lax in their approach and let kids play those games.

Sure, there comes a point when you need to let them learn for themselves, but under...11? then it's a bit irresponsible.

I spent most of the day selling parents copies for underage users. I have to explain the content to help the parent make an informed decision.

Goes a bit tits up when the adult who's been wheeled in to buy it doesn't speak English...

I'm not overly bothered with underage users playing those titles, I don't think it's particularly dangerous or anything. The mature themes aren't actually all that worse than anything you'd see in a war movie, and ultimately the multi is what it's bought for which becomes so removed from the actual portrayal of violence that it's barely worth worrying about.

Anywho... another minor thing that pisses me off. When an author/director/whatever chooses to adjust a character after that characters original inception. I don't mean character development, thats to be expected, but the retconning of characters to meet new desires for them. To take the example I've encountered most recently, Pratchett has a minor character that appears in his Watch based novels, a butler for the main character, called Willikins. He's featured in the odd couple of pages for say... 8 books, maybe. In those pages he's always been a slightly overly starched butler with a bit of wit. The only backstory for him early on was that he had a past of being in a street gang as a child and had passed through the school of hard knocks with flying colours, this being explained literally over 2 sentences as a footnote in maybe his 3rd appearance. But thats it, he basically was just a mild comic relief butler.

In the 2 most recent books he's featured in, he's appeared far more heavily and, I'm sure largely on the back of fan pressure, he's become for all intents and purposes a ruthless mercenary in a dinner jacket with a penchant for etiquette. The very presence of the character has altered massively, even the 'voice' he has on the page has changed. It irks me because it feels so cheap. This character has gone from supporting cast to front and centre supporting badass, with narry a development between. It's like 2 different characters who share a name and a very minor suggested past.

Went out for a few beers with the work colleagues last night, fella and I left at 10.30pm as he is a teacher and I start at 7.

Received a phone call from my boss in the night drunkenly proclaiming that I owe him 8 pounds 30p for the cab he got home as we shared a cab in to town that he paid for and I said I would pay the one home, but we left earlier than he did. Which I would have happily squared with him today.

Woke us both up at 1am. What a first class dickhead.

Anywho... another minor thing that pisses me off. When an author/director/whatever chooses to adjust a character after that characters original inception. I don't mean character development, thats to be expected, but the retconning of characters to meet new desires for them. To take the example I've encountered most recently, Pratchett has a minor character that appears in his Watch based novels, a butler for the main character, called Willikins. He's featured in the odd couple of pages for say... 8 books, maybe. In those pages he's always been a slightly overly starched butler with a bit of wit. The only backstory for him early on was that he had a past of being in a street gang as a child and had passed through the school of hard knocks with flying colours, this being explained literally over 2 sentences as a footnote in maybe his 3rd appearance. But thats it, he basically was just a mild comic relief butler.

In the 2 most recent books he's featured in, he's appeared far more heavily and, I'm sure largely on the back of fan pressure, he's become for all intents and purposes a ruthless mercenary in a dinner jacket with a penchant for etiquette. The very presence of the character has altered massively, even the 'voice' he has on the page has changed. It irks me because it feels so cheap. This character has gone from supporting cast to front and centre supporting badass, with narry a development between. It's like 2 different characters who share a name and a very minor suggested past.

Maybe Pratchett 'forgot' his orginal character development. :oops: :lol: :winkold:

fella and I left at 10.30pm as he is a teacher and I start at 7.

Woke us both up at 1am.

Very subtle way of updating us all on your current relationship status Laura.

I hope you appreciated the rather polite way nobody liked to ask.

:)

Went out for a few beers with the work colleagues last night, fella and I left at 10.30pm as he is a teacher and I start at 7.

Received a phone call from my boss in the night drunkenly proclaiming that I owe him 8 pounds 30p for the cab he got home as we shared a cab in to town that he paid for and I said I would pay the one home, but we left earlier than he did. Which I would have happily squared with him today.

Woke us both up at 1am. What a first class dickhead.

On behalf of his countrymen, I apologize (though he's a southerner right, not a yankee like me (even though I don't eat apple pie for breakfast...))...

Or have I gotten myself confused again?

fella and I left at 10.30pm as he is a teacher and I start at 7.

Woke us both up at 1am.

Very subtle way of updating us all on your current relationship status Laura.

I hope you appreciated the rather polite way nobody liked to ask.

:)

Was totally relevant to the story! I was already asked in another thread so it was already 'out there' so to speak. :) Subtle as a brick this forum.

And Levi, my American boss has returned to your fine land, but I applaud your impressive memory!

The mother-in-law...again.

Er'indoors was working a long day yesterday and obviously i was at work, so the mother-in-law was looking after George. So the arrangment is we drop him off on a morning, then she brings him back home for when i get back from work as the missus doesnt get back till 8pm.

Right, now im allergic to dogs, she knows this and has done for the last 3 or 4 years. I open the door and walk into my own house, and what am i greeted with...her **** dog. Not only is the bastard in the house...he's on the **** sofa!!!

Rage is not the word, to quote Pulp Fiction "I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' really bad person, really bad person! Every time i see that dog, I'm Superfly T.N.T., I'm the Guns of the Navarone!".

Anyway, she buggers off back home (the 500yards down the road which is why im trying to sell the house), and im left with snot dripping from my nose and itchy eyes!

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!11!!!!11!

People who mess you around when you're doing them a favour:

Was going to a friends last night for dinner. Offered to go out of my way to pick up another friend who told me they wouldn't be ready in time so I'd have to come later. Then when I turn up, she keeps me waiting nearly half an hour more so by the time we arrive for dinner, they're all half-way through the main course! I wouldn't mind if she had a good reason/excuse and she even tried to imply to our host that she was late because she was waiting for me! The cheek!

People who mess you around when you're doing them a favour:

Was going to a friends last night for dinner. Offered to go out of my way to pick up another friend who told me they wouldn't be ready in time so I'd have to come later. Then when I turn up, she keeps me waiting nearly half an hour more so by the time we arrive for dinner, they're all half-way through the main course! I wouldn't mind if she had a good reason/excuse and she even tried to imply to our host that she was late because she was waiting for me! The cheek!

I have a friend who does that, pisses me off no end! Do what ive started to do, impose a 5 minute rule. If they're not ready within 5 minutes of you arriving...just leave.

Kids playing Call Of Duty (and games of that ilk). I know talkshite yapped on about it earlier but it's a view I've held for a while, I don't think parents should be so lax in their approach and let kids play those games.

Sure, there comes a point when you need to let them learn for themselves, but under...11? then it's a bit irresponsible.

Natural child development I say - not a psychologist but I'm inclined towards believing that.

Â