Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Didn't know whether to put this here or the car thread, but it's pissed me off, so it's going in here!

Got an email today telling me that my new car has arrived in the UK, earlier than expected. The dealer would be in touch this week to arrange collection.
Fine, nothing wrong with that, except I go on holiday on Friday for 2 weeks so I won't be able to collect it until July. Didn't think this would be an issue.

So I replied to him very politely, thanking him for the update and letting him know I was on holiday. I could take his call about a collection date but I wouldn't be able to collect until the week commencing 3rd July.

He replied with a very demanding email. Telling me I needed to come and see him this week before my holiday. That way I could sign the finance documents, pay the deposit and leave my current car with him! Then when I get back from holiday I can pick up my new one.

He offered to arrange transport to and from the airport for me (although I'm positive he didn't realise I was going from London, not Birmingham). 

But, and this is the part really pissing me off, he said if it didn't happen this way, then my part exchange wouldn't be worth as much because it would depreciate further so I'd lose out on the value of it when I did pick up the new car. Considering I ordered the car at least 14 weeks ago, I'm surprised that 14 weeks doesn't depreciate the car, but my 2 weeks away does!

He got a strongly worded reply back!

I'm right to be annoyed by this, right?

Sounds like someone is trying to meet a sales quota ... your strongly worded email is justified 

I've always hated dealing with sales people. By general nature they are cocky, pushy, yappy words removed. I deal with them at my place for Their IT support and they are generally insufferable sh1ts who think the world revolves around them. Female sales staff lot are worse - it's as if they have to be more of a word removed just to compete with the men (or so it seems to me)

If you could afford to lose the deposit then I'd withdraw and see how much he likes those potatoes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zak said:

When was the car meant to arrive? you probably should have just said you were already away until the 3rd

I have no idea.

It took them weeks to give me a build date, then it was due to be built end of May, which to be fair it was. Then I heard nothing until now.

That was part of my email back to him. I can't plan my holidays around when they deliver the car, especially when I don't know when that is until a week before it happens.

I'm doing some work with a hospital that's part of the 'digital excellence' programme.

Part of their workflow is printing off documents, then scanning and uploading it to a system used for archiving.

FFS.

At least they're not taking a screenshot of the upload, printing that out, and faxing it to someone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm doing some work with a hospital that's part of the 'digital excellence' programme.

Part of their workflow is printing off documents, then scanning and uploading it to a system used for archiving.

FFS.

At least they're not taking a screenshot of the upload, printing that out, and faxing it to someone.

:lol:

We provide scanning and archiving #justsaying :ph34r:

That feeling when you're explaining something to someone who is completely clueless about what you're explaining, and then they ask a question so basic that it makes you doubt your own knowledge.

This is happening about once a day at the moment, and it's really annoying.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-10 at 19:11, bickster said:

Daylight Running Lights on cars, most of them are brighter than normal side lights which you aren't meant to have on in daylight unless visibility is impaired

Why aren't you mean to have side lights on in the daytime?

I keep my headlights on all the time, morning afternoon or evening.  It feels safer and people less likely to crash into me. 

Are you saying that i shouldn't legally or socially?   

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I've always hated dealing with sales people. By general nature they are cocky, pushy, yappy words removed. I deal with them at my place for Their IT support and they are generally insufferable sh1ts who think the world revolves around them.

alligator-tears.gif

• Like 1

Apart from you @Xela, of course !

To be fair i did use the words generally and general just to cover myself.....now please excuse me cos "Brad" from pre sales has just called demanding i fix his email synch to his iPhone7 problem and fix it NOW !! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

We think the world revolves around us @mottaloo because it does! Sales pays your wages :P

I've been in sales 9 years and i've never been pushy. That might make me sound like a shit salesman but it works for me! I'm the anti-salesman! :) Working around your client to their best interests pays dividends in the long run as they are likely to use you again and recommend you. I get a lot of business through repeat clients and introductions from others. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But, and this is the part really pissing me off, he said if it didn't happen this way, then my part exchange wouldn't be worth as much because it would depreciate further so I'd lose out on the value of it when I did pick up the new car. 

This bit specifically is utter BS.

The valuation they gave you on your car wasn't contingent on a set date of the final transaction, even if it were you aren't extending the period or delaying the purchase.

So I'd tell him they are in breach of your contract in which case you consider the agreement void and you will expect he full return of your deposit.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I wanted to be a salesman, but they found out I had a father.

I don't directly sell to the public but via UK retailers, please can I be excused? 

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:
23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But, and this is the part really pissing me off, he said if it didn't happen this way, then my part exchange wouldn't be worth as much because it would depreciate further so I'd lose out on the value of it when I did pick up the new car. 

This bit specifically is utter BS.

The valuation they gave you on your car wasn't contingent on a set date of the final transaction, even if it were you aren't extending the period or delaying the purchase.

So I'd tell him they are in breach of your contract in which case you consider the agreement void and you will expect he full return of your deposit.

They usually only ever get in a panic if it is to do with commission,  that and that only with virtually no exceptions.  As for depreciation on cars,  madness, never heard of it in my live because you were late.  You end up getting book value for your motor no matter what in the end IMO,  they might give you a bit more for yours but give you less discount on the new one.  rocket polishers.  T

That's why if you go first with no part-ex and get the very best price on a new one and then go the next day and talk to someone in that showroom with a half decent part-ex and see what happens.  They are not happy with this one as the part ex messes up the other price from yesterday. (as that was the very best they could do,  after going to the back of the showroom to ask the manager for just a little bit more off,  there are not doing this btw)

I worked in car showrooms a lot (various) when I was younger.  

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

6 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

I don't directly sell to the public but via UK retailers, please can I be excused? 

yeah, that's fine

To be honest, I'm a glorified salesman these days. I go to companies and announce 'yeah we could do this and that for you and solve this problem for you', they give us the work, I walk outside and think, how the merry **** are we going to do that!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Do-gooders, and people who think they know what's best for evryone.

These people makes me wanna puke.

You'd prefer do-badders? 

Â