Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Radio stations that have way too much chatter between songs. It really annoys me, surely there are dedicated channels of you want some highbrow chit chat.  But worse is when they read out the inane texts and posts from their listeners.  The Mrs had radio 2 on the other day (I can't listen to it these days,  much prefer Absolute) when Graham Norton read out a text from a listener.  This person is a complete stranger to me.  Why did Graham or anyone else at the BBC think I have even the smallest interest in the fact that this person had just finished mowing the lawn and had a deck chair lined up in order to read his favourite book whilst sipping his fresh prepared cocktail. 

I really couldn't give a monkeys arse about that and would much prefer it if they just put another bloody record on which is the whole point of listening to the radio thankyouverymuch. 

This. With all the decorating we've been doing lately, Mrs M likes to have the radio on. Usually Radio 2 or some local commercial pop station. I'm homicidal within half an hour of it. I occasionally manage to sneak it onto R6 or R3, but I'd prefer a CD of my own choice, or failing that, silence. The music is bad enough, but as you say, the inane wittering is even worse. 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Radio stations that have way too much chatter between songs. 

100% agree. I've ranted about this before. I'm not a great music fan or expert but i like 80s stuff as I'm now early 50's age wise but that smug b1tch kate garraway and her inane prattling on smoothextra gets on my norks ! So then i discovered absolute 90s, a bit edgier, indie-er and i thought yeah, this will do.....until the absolute rentagob bloke who does the 6pm show on weekdays starts up with his chirpy, witty, geordie ban'ah........shut the F*CK UP !!!!

I forget his name but he is on after the excellent danielle perry, who is totally :wub: by the way in a milfy redhead sort of way !

But yeah, by and large DJs are clearings in the woods !

Edited by mottaloo
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Radio stations that have way too much chatter between songs. It really annoys me, surely there are dedicated channels of you want some highbrow chit chat.  But worse is when they read out the inane texts and posts from their listeners.  The Mrs had radio 2 on the other day (I can't listen to it these days,  much prefer Absolute) when Graham Norton read out a text from a listener.  This person is a complete stranger to me.  Why did Graham or anyone else at the BBC think I have even the smallest interest in the fact that this person had just finished mowing the lawn and had a deck chair lined up in order to read his favourite book whilst sipping his fresh prepared cocktail. 

I really couldn't give a monkeys arse about that and would much prefer it if they just put another bloody record on which is the whole point of listening to the radio thankyouverymuch. 

Spotify would absolutely blow your mind  :thumb:  ;)

I sit next to a right on moron at work ('I've voted Leave because it would be interesting at least, and *all the old nonsense rebutted a million times*' 'it's time to do something about this!'). I've struggled in recent times to not bite my tongue.

...Might put my earphones in this morning.

• Like 1

The fact I've just done an exam and the main question that came up was not present in the 'question bank'. Meaning I had never experienced a question of its kind. 

It shouldn't piss me off because of course they want you to have coverage over the WHOLE syllabus, but it does because it's so sneaky. 

4 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

The fact I've just done an exam and the main question that came up was not present in the 'question bank'. Meaning I had never experienced a question of its kind. 

It shouldn't piss me off because of course they want you to have coverage over the WHOLE syllabus, but it does because it's so sneaky. 

"Question bank"??? 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"Question bank"??? 

A bank of past questions and questions created by the institute. 

Essentially practise papers. 

I obviously knew the exam would be different, but I thought it would be based on a topic where practise questions existed

• Like 1

I remember my English GCSE exam. I've never been so angry.

It was on Lord of the Flies.

We studied that **** book for months. Read and analysed every single line. I hate the book because we studied any sort of fun or interest out of it. 

Then we got to the exam. It consisted of one essay question, and that question was on one page of the book. In fact, I can't remember, it might have been even more specific than that, on like a paragraph or something.

Don't get me wrong, I aced it. But I was so annoyed that I spent so long studying every inch of that book and the exam was on one **** page.

On 2017-6-4 at 10:17, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The Awesome Photoshop skills required to add colour to a black and white photograph should be spoken about.  Looking at the "After" photo you have so kindly shared with us now has has a, & I think we will agree on this, a healthy 20th century feel to it, subtle but utterly brilliant.

We all know to our cost that It can be very tricky achieve a good result depending on the age of the source material at hand but I think the genius that completed this piece of work nailed it with no apparent saturation or bleeding of colours visible to the naked eye with a more vibrant feel to the whole exhibit. A triumph granddad.  :P

You ain't seen nothin' yet. I just (about five minutes ago), received from one of the attendees...  VIDEO FOOTAGE of said event. I'll see if I can post some for ya. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You ain't seen nothin' yet. I just (about five minutes ago), received from one of the attendees...  VIDEO FOOTAGE of said event. I'll see if I can post some for ya. 

I can't wait, but a few things to help you out before the big day arrives ;).  

A good 8mm movie projector for playback is vital,  it's all about the set-up here mate.  You need to project this onto a sheet or something and then video that. Be careful with the old film,  if it has not been in contact with air for 30 + years they can be super delicate, maybe wear white gloves for effect and maybe pretend you are Indiana Jones finding lost objects. :D

• Like 1

Vassos Alexander, the sports bloke on Chris evans breakfast show.....

This is the "Villa fan" who after the Bradford debacle said something along the lines of my support of Villa is waining......so villa tweeted him and sent him a shirt.... This is also the same "Villa fan" who has a season ticket at Fulham and never stops talking about them....

This is also the bloke who really has poor knowledge of sport imo... whenever basic questions are thrown at him about sport on the show, he usually just flaps about and cant give a educated answer as you would expect from a sports journalist/broadcaster/commentator/idiot.

As you can tell he annoys the hell out of me... and thats before weve got to his voice.... Thinks his royalty by the sound of his middle class voice.... 

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I can't wait, but a few things to help you out before the big day arrives ;).  

A good 8mm movie projector for playback is vital,  it's all about the set-up here mate.  You need to project this onto a sheet or something and then video that. Be careful with the old film,  if it has not been in contact with air for 30 + years they can be super delicate, maybe wear white gloves for effect and maybe pretend you are Indiana Jones finding lost objects. :D

And of course I'll have to make some caption cards for the dialogue, and hire someone to play the piano. Could take a while. 

• Like 1

On 03/06/2017 at 13:47, Phumfeinz said:

People who message you then instantly disappear. Don't **** message me if you're not going to stick around.

Or when you miss a phone call by 0.5 seconds and ring them back immediately, but get no answer

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Or when you miss a phone call by 0.5 seconds and ring them back immediately, but get no answer

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

That winds me up. Another thing that really makes my blood boil is when you're on the phone to someone and they are talking to you and also someone else in the background.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

And of course I'll have to make some caption cards for the dialogue, and hire someone to play the piano. Could take a while. 

A genuine LOL for that mate.  :lol::lol:  Coffee on my keyboard now.

(I have the music from Harold Lloyd in my head now which could be an early contender)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

A genuine LOL for that mate.  :lol::lol:  Coffee on my keyboard now.

(I have the music from Harold Lloyd in my head now which could be an early contender)

Seriously, if I can edit it down to a sensible length clip, I'll put it in Rogues' Gallery. There's a genuine "You've Been Framed"-worthy pratfall (by me) in there. 

• Like 1

Â