Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My flight wasn't delayed it was just an hour later than it should have been for some reason I don't understand, flight was also half hour longer than it should have been, land at Heathrow, spend a good half hour taxying and due to "a technical fault" doing **** all, run through everything, get to the bus terminal at 10.52 try to buy tickets for the 10.55 bus, not on the screen, run to the bus bay, driver sat there, from what I could see no one on the bus, explain situation "cant help you" if I buy another ticket will he let me on "no" he sits there for another 2 minutes before leaving...next bus is at 11.55, I'm gonna get home at about 4.30am tonight

Been meaning to post this for a while. Get mad when it happens then forget about it but it's just come to mind. 

Every weekday morning I cross St Phillips Churchyard

My journey takes me through the route that most people use which is from New Street Station to the other corner nearest to Snow Hill Station. 

Sometimes it can be like a wall of humanity transversing across the churchyard that I have to somehow get through. 

What pisses me off is all the people in the herd even when they see me and other other odd straggler trying to cross their bows just carry on straight as an arrow,  no reduction in speed whatsoever leaving us hanging out to dry. 

If I saw some poor sod trying to get across I would slow down or change direction a bit to give them some space it move into. If nothing else it's just giving a fellow human being a bit of a helping hand at no cost. 

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

It would still have a place now even in the world of Internet. 

The reason being (and this goes back to my moan about local news) is that it used to give really detailed in depth match reports and club information.  Probably written by long standing experienced proper journalists. 

This is precisely why it wouldn't have a place in the internet age, ie. it would be prohibitively expensive to write. 

The other great thing about the Argus was how quickly they distributed it.  I' be at may Nan and Grandad's most Saturday nights and it would be delivered by 7pm with all that days football results and updated tables on the back,

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The other great thing about the Argus was how quickly they distributed it.  I' be at may Nan and Grandad's most Saturday nights and it would be delivered by 7pm with all that days football results and updated tables on the back,

I used to get the 17:40 from New Street back to London , usually they'd have it on the stands as I came down the escalator from the bull ring having got my beer for the journey home from the supermarket at the top there 

impressive indeed 

• Like 1

My Grandad used to get it at about 17:30 from his local newsagent in Kingstanding on a Saturday afternoon.

Amazing how quick it was distributed :)

• Like 1

On 2/10/2017 at 09:00, Wainy316 said:

Has something happened to the Brum Mail?

Also, it is nigh on impossible to load on a tablet as its constantly reloading the page. 

Absolutely horrible website

21 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Remember Bill Howell!? What a word removed he was. He was the victim of a **** legendary prank from one our very own VT posters which was so very amusing. 

Tell me more! 

Squirrels piss me off. Nicking all the food we have put out for the birds,  I know they just want to eat too so it shouldn't piss me off but it does. 

Incidentally if you Google for images of great tits life can become interesting. 

• Like 1

This weekend, I've driven 360 miles, spent a small fortune, and all I've got out of it was to see Villa get beat, and a stinking cold! Feel like I've wasted my weekend. Although I did get to see some family, my goddaughters, and a couple of mates.

Edited by dAVe80

Â