Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

add: 

'singing from the same hymn sheet' & 'touch base' to the corporate bullshit bingo 

What about when it is impossible to do something, an your boss comes along and says "you should think outside the box a little more", Tw......

• Like 1

Just heard an announcer* on Radio 4 - yes, Radio 4 - talk about an item coming up 'at the top of the programme'. Aaarrgghh! Since when did a radio programme have a 'top'? What's wrong with 'start', or 'beginning'? 

[*] Not a **** ing 'anchor'. 

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

What about when it is impossible to do something, an your boss comes along and says "you should think outside the box a little more", Tw......

Yeah this sort of nonsense pops up every 100 pages or so on this thread and i have to air my annoyance every time.

'Going forward'  =  'in the future?'

'Think outside the box'  =  come up with your own ideas

'Touch base'  =  we'll have a chat

It's all unnecessary bs that thick people say to sound clever imo.

Like a previous poster said, you wouldn't come out with this nonsense down the pub with your mates.

I was told once whilst buying a new tv that I would be 'future proofing' myself with a particular model!!!

How I kept a straight face I will never know :D

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just heard an announcer* on Radio 4 - yes, Radio 4 - talk about an item coming up 'at the top of the programme'. Aaarrgghh! Since when did a radio programme have a 'top'? What's wrong with 'start', or 'beginning'? 

[*] Not a **** ing 'anchor'. 

Which reminds me of something even worse. The way these a holes call radio programmes "shows". "Tomorrow on the breakfast show our guest will be..."

It can be who you like. I'm not listening to any programme calling itself a show. In fact I'm not listening to any weekday breakfast radio. It's all hateful.

35 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Yeah this sort of nonsense pops up every 100 pages or so on this thread and i have to air my annoyance every time.

Like a previous poster said, you wouldn't come out with this nonsense down the pub with your mates.

I was told once whilst buying a new tv that I would be 'future proofing' myself with a particular model!!!

The phrase "top line" really grinds my gears. I also hate how everything in the corporate world seemingly has to be communicated via Power Point. Over the past 12 months I've decided to cut Power Point down significantly and simply lecture people on topics based on notes - saves me a lot of time. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2016 at 14:21, villa4europe said:

The fat prick of a united fan over the road **** about in his front garden while I watch the Manchester derby

**** plastic word removed 

The amount of times I've been going round the supermarket or something, at 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon, if Villa aren't playing, and the amount of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea shirts you see, when they are playing. What's the point of being a football fan, if you're not following them, while they're playing? I understand people have to work etc, so that's understandable, if you've nothing better do than go to the shops, why not watch your team play? Plus everyone already knows you're a word removed, when you're walking around Morrisons in you're United shirt, you don't need to prove the point by missing the match too.  

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

You need to get out of your comfort zone and push the envelope a bit more :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

The amount of times I've been going round the supermarket or something, at 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon, if Villa aren't playing, and the amount of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea shirts you see, when they are playing. What's the point of being a football fan, if you're not following them, while they're playing? I understand people have to work etc, so that's understandable, if you've nothing better do that go to the shops, why not watch your team play? Plus everyone already knows you're a word removed, when you're walking around Morrisons in you're United shirt, you don't need to prove the point by missing the match too.  

I dunno mate, the way Villa have played the last 5 years, I actively avoided watching them! :P

Just now, Xela said:

I dunno mate, the way Villa have played the last 5 years, I actively avoided watching them! :P

Me too, to be fair. I wouldn't be out wearing a Villa top while they were playing though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Teams celebratng getting a point against us like they have won the World Cup.

Already it is getting on my tits.

I take it as a compliment. It's the equivalent of us getting a point at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge, when we were in the Premier League.

I recommended It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to someone at work today, and they asked me where it was set.  I spent a good couple of minutes trying to think of the city and just couldn't remember.  It's just dawned on me that it's in the **** title.  What an idiot I am (and them to be fair).

• Like 4

With reference to the Wimbledon tennis rant above; I would add that I absolutely despise the unfunny clearings in the woods who shout out "witty" crap even after the umpire has called for quiet. Worse still, they get a ripple of chuckles whigh only encourages them to do it again 

Oh how amusing you are.

Not.

• Like 1

Â