Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Re: food, I often find that portions are way too large - an American influence, I expect. I'd far rather pay a little less and have a smaller portion of higher quality food, rather than being outfaced by it, and leaving a load that goes to waste. 

• Like 4

When i were a lad 'street food' used to be called a burger van or hot dog stand and it was twice the amount of food for a third of the price! 

Question though... was the street food 'artisan'? 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I got dragged to a market yesterday, one of the stalls was serving a fairly small portion of nachos. Maybe 15 tortilla chips with the stingiest serving of salsa and guacamole I've ever seen. 6 quid. 

You should try Borough Market, £10 for cod and chips, no where near as good as the cod and chips at Dad's Lane Fish Bar. 

My local town centre is having a festival of it this weekend called 'The Big Nibble' and is rammed of all sorts, charging a fortune for everything.  To be fair I'm with mooney and not bothered by the size of the portion if it's good and I'm having three courses anyway.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

My local town centre is having a festival of it this weekend called 'The Big Nibble' and is rammed of all sorts, charging a fortune for everything.  To be fair I'm with mooney and not bothered by the size of the  penis if it's good and I'm having three sums anyway.

Fixed for you,sir .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Re: food, I often find that portions are way too large - an American influence, I expect. I'd far rather pay a little less and have a smaller portion of higher quality food, rather than being outfaced by it, and leaving a load that goes to waste. 

I expect to not still be hungry if I've just paid £10 for a lunch. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You should try Borough Market, £10 for cod and chips, no where near as good as the cod and chips at Dad's Lane Fish Bar. 

I had an absolutely delicious pork rib and apple sauce sandwich and a beer in Borough Market for less than a tenner. Mind you, us Norwegians get a little giddy every time the beer alone is less than a tenner. 

Vaz has always come across as a smug,oily creep and whenever I saw him on tv as head of the select committee, giving some other fecker being grilled about something a really hard time, I always thought "one day it'll be you".

Well Keith.....ain't karma a bitch !?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

New desk at work with my screens facing the whole office. VTing is going to be tricky.

I'm in a very similar predicament.

Other than, I'm home with the stereo cranked up and the patio doors open so I can see all the way up the garden.

Slow cooker is on and smelling fine, beef and carrots in a port sauce later. Time for a coffee now.

Probably have a tug at some point.

180424-snoop-dogg-champagne-cheers-gi-bI

Saying that. I've actually got more work done already today than I managed sat in an office all day Thursday and Friday last week. True dat.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Other than, I'm home with the stereo cranked up and the patio doors open so I can see all the way up the garden.

Slow cooker is on and smelling fine, beef and carrots in a port sauce later. Time for a coffee now.

Saying that. I've actually got more work done already today than I managed sat in an office all day Thursday and Friday last week. True dat.

You clearing in the woods

• Like 1

They'd have to bang the wall pretty **** loud.

No, she's a deaf old lady. I've told her a few times she's more than welcome to tell me if it's ever an issue, if she has visitors or anything I'll happily turn it off. She just says 'eh,what?'

I trim her bush now and again when it looks a bit wild and I think she sees it as a decent trade.

Plus, it's a fairly insulated corner, we've got proper brick walls and the speakers are sat on acoustic foam and all that. Anyway, everyone loves my taste in music so I presume I'm doing them a favour sharing my killer tunes.

35 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

RV can give you a peg for that.

• Like 1

Â