Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've just been away for the weekend with my work, good blokes, do it every year, probably do a night out every 2 months, play football with them once a week, family bbqs in the summer etc get pissed sleep on my managers sofa

There's a core of us of probably around 10 blokes who used to work at one company and then we've all left to join another, it almost definitely has an impact on promotions as well although that's obviously unofficial

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why the **** would anyone want to go on a night out with people they work with?

I always think if I wouldn't like to go out for a few drinks with the people I work with, I'm at the wrong place.

I've turned down more money to work with people that I click with, when I'm spending 40 hours a week with them I want to get along with them well, not just in a "I can tolerate them professionally" capacity.

I **** love the team I work with now, I play games online with a couple of them most nights, we have a board game night after work once a week, and we're going to Alton Towers in a few weeks. Nice people, and I imagine we'll stay mates if any of us moves on. That's the kind of team I want to work in, makes work a lot more fun.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

A guy outside Boston crashed his car into a parked car, tried to carjack someone, broke into someone's home, surprised an elderly woman and her daughter, stabbed them both, killing the mother. He then got back into his car, drove to a nearby shopping mall, drove the car through a department store window, and stabbed three more woman (all of whom lived).

Then he walked to a nearby restaurant and stabbed a waitress. A man tried to come to her aid (and did), but was stabbed to death by a knife would to the skull. 

Police shot the suspect dead.

The suspect's parents had tried to get him mental help, but he was released from a hospital the day before. 

Total waste.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Why the **** would anyone want to go on a night out with people they work with?

Because some of us aren't miserable words removed ;)

That I still kind of care about football despite it being a prime example of outrageous inequality, at the highest level in particular. I seem to fool myself into thinking there is no harm in it, that it is just a sport, a bit of fun or a distraction. But it isn't really, is it? Footballers don't live in my world. If the NHS was privatized tomorrow they would have nothing to worry about. They live in relative decadence as a reward for... for what? Being a bit good at something that is, well, useless? And why? Because the market dictates? Do we just blindly accept that there is nothing to be done about it because there is nothing wrong with it, that their wages and lifestyles are ultimately just a result of our, the consumers', demand? I find it especially distasteful, moreso than film or music I suppose, because there is an apparent 'bond' between player/club and supporter that is taken advantage of; that the emotional investment fans have is coopted and distorted by clubs and becomes analogous with financial investment - an effect that in a way has trickled down to fans e.g. when you hear the usual 'better fan' argument that centres around who has a season ticket etc. 

I guess I'm a little disillusioned because Villa have been relegated, and the slow demise has somehow fused itself in my mind with the post-2008 recession & stagnation. We had a few good years and then reality hit hard. Our billionaire owner felt the pinch (for various reasons) and tightened the pursestrings (any other financial cliches you can come up with feel free to add). We had a series of false dawns with new managers, new statements, new players, new backroom staff. All the while the extravagantly paid players did their part (read: did **** all) while the fans turned up, again and again, in the hope that what they were watching unfold, what they knew was happening, would stop; that there would be some *ahem* 'green shoots of recovery'. This, I feel, perhaps incorrectly, reflects to some degree where we are a society at large. The wealthy have the world at their feet, their mistakes and sufferings are eased by the security their finances give them; they can move on; Lerner will find a new way to waste his money and players will find new clubs to steal a living at. The fans, however varied in terms of their own wealth, are left with the aftermath, and no real hope other than that of a new megarich owner (or owners) to come along and give us a brief spell in the sun; crumbs from their table.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 4

People who walk up the left hand side of the escalator and then stop 6 feet from the top. Blocking it 6 feet from the top is the same as blocking it all the way up as people come to a standstill you numpties. Either walk all the way up left or stop on the right. Aaaaaggghh!!!!! 

• Like 1

Really shouldn't bother me as much as it does but people who walk into the workroom & leave without closing the door drives me mad… I work at a school and teachers seem to be the WORST!

People that turn up to appointments countless minutes early

I had a dentist appointment today at 11:45  , so I walk in the door at 11:44  , give my name and take a seat , 11:46 I get called in and you can literally feel the other people sitting there getting prickly because they think you've jumped the queue  ... No it's because your appointment is at 12:30 and you got here miles too bloody early , don't tut just because I've mastered the art of being punctual to the minute

27 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Strangers who, in public, smile at other people's babies. 

There comes a time when we hear a certain call, when the world must come together as one. There are people dying, and its time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of all. We can't go on pretending day by day that someone, somewhere will soon make a change. We are all a part of God's great big family and the truth, you know, Love is all we need.

We are the world, we are the children, we are the ones, who make, a brighter day. 

Have you truly never found comfort in someone else's child?

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

People that turn up to appointments countless minutes early

I had a dentist appointment today at 11:45  , so I walk in the door at 11:44  , give my name and take a seat , 11:46 I get called in and you can literally feel the other people sitting there getting prickly because they think you've jumped the queue  ... No it's because your appointment is at 12:30 and you got here miles too bloody early , don't tut just because I've mastered the art of being punctual to the minute

You need to live somewhere where people have something better to do than sit in a dentist's waiting room for more than 45 minutes before their appointment!

28 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

so you're the git that writes those tedious church adverts that i see on buses.

Alas, those were not my fine words, they were direct from the big man upstairs. Michael Jackson.

Michael-Jackson9.jpg

(couldn't find a decent one of Jarvis)

Edited by chrisp65

I find that older men tend to make funny faces at babies rather than smile or nod toward the mother. More often than not an older man would stick out his tongue, which I find to be mighty irresponsible as it only gives a baby a false impression of the general character of strangers. A more apt action would be to glare at the child angrily while they innocently go about their business, or make passive aggressive remarks under one's breath while they struggle to formulate words.

• Like 2

Â