Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Finished my last night shift this morning, was really looking forward to a nice chilled couple of days off.

Just got a text asking if I'll come in on overtime tonight, double time with a call out fee because it's late notice. So this 1 shift is worth about 500 quid.

Don't want to go in at all, but couldn't bring myself to say no could I.

She fondled my bits and bobs too, right before she slid her index finger all the way up my butt. She even wiggled it around while in there.

Most action Ive had in months, actually.

How would you have reacted if the gloved finger had poo over it after she pulled it out your bum? [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji1]

Worse is when people get annoyed at you for not saying 'bless you'.

I've had worse than that. One office I worked in recently had a woman who would shout bless you if anyone in the office sneezed (and it's a big office so sometimes "shouted" mean literally shouted)

Then she'd get really annoyed if people didn't say thank you.

There's a loud sneeze bellend in my office. It's a huge open plan building, and we all hear him when he sneezes from about 20 rows of desks away. A few times a day for months he'd been doing it, I was worried the glass was going to shatter. So I started shouting 'bless you' every time he did it, only for him mind. And people started joined in. Oddly, he doesn't sneeze that loudly anymore.

• Like 1

So ... there is to be a formation of Spitfires, Hurricanes etc flying in formation to mark 75 years since the Battle of Britain. Now I think I have got my facts straight and apologise for the post if not, but I do believe that the Spitfire was :- designed by a Stokie, built in Birmingham and may have had Derby-built Rolls Royce engines. However, the flight is just over Southern England !!  Were they the only ones to suffer at the hands of the Nazis ? Birmingham ,Coventry etc etc . Once again most appalling Southern bias; I would love to have seen that flight as the mere sight and sound of a Spitfire (IMO) is incredible. 

• Like 1

So ... there is to be a formation of Spitfires, Hurricanes etc flying in formation to mark 75 years since the Battle of Britain. Now I think I have got my facts straight and apologise for the post if not, but I do believe that the Spitfire was :- designed by a Stokie, built in Birmingham and may have had Derby-built Rolls Royce engines. However, the flight is just over Southern England !!  Were they the only ones to suffer at the hands of the Nazis ? Birmingham ,Coventry etc etc . Once again most appalling Southern bias; I would love to have seen that flight as the mere sight and sound of a Spitfire (IMO) is incredible. 

Castle Bromwich didn't build it's first Spitfire until 1940  ...you're not American are you ^_^ ?  ( Southampton was where they built them prior to that )

but I jest , I agree they should have done more across the country  ..

Edited by tonyh29

Castle Bromwich didn't build it's first Spitfire until 1940  ...you're not American are you [emoji5] ?  ( Southampton was where they built them prior to that )

but I jest , I agree they should have done more across the country  ..

The Battle of Britain was fought principally (albeit not exclusively) over the Channel coast and the home counties. Makes sense to me.

If it were a Bomber Command do, it would belong over Lincolnshire and the east midlands, for the equivalent reason.

Just watching that Battle of Britain flypast programme. Interesting, but full of errors. They keep saying things like "The sound of hirty six Battle of Britain Spitfire Merlin engines". Erm, no. Lots of later model Griffon engines, two seater trainers, photo recce models, etc. Not to mention the Hurricanes, which deserve more respect.

• Like 2

I think I have a good example of something that pisses me off, but shouldn't. 

My Nan is nearly 90, and is beginning to suffer dementia. It was her birthday today. We were round at her house when the post came, and amongst the post were some birthday cards, including one from my aunt, her daughter. The envelope and card had both been ripped in two and then placed in a bag. Somebody in the Post Office chain, from postbox to delivery, had simply ripped it apart in order to take the £10 note inside. 

Now, I know you're not supposed to send cash money through the mail, so this shouldn't piss me off, but it really really is. I mean seriously, who does that? So we spent some of the birthday sellotaping an old woman's birthday card back together because of some thieving word removed. 

Just watching that Battle of Britain flypast programme. Interesting, but full of errors. They keep saying things like "The sound of hirty six Battle of Britain Spitfire Merlin engines". Erm, no. Lots of later model Griffon engines, two seater trainers, photo recce models, etc. Not to mention the Hurricanes, which deserve more respect.

The Griffon engines weren't in Spitfires  until late  41 so  technically you can't have a Battle of Britain Griffon  ...  So  they are sorta correct  even though some of the spits flying today do have the Griffon engine means they were wrong .... 

Edited by tonyh29

Â