Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I honestly don't blame people for making fake whiplash claims, its such easy money and almost impossible to disprove now matter how small the impact was

I had a call on my mobile the other week about an accident I'd had , some woman drove up the back of me, no harm done a small dent in my bumper that she paid for via her insurance

The lady on the phone started asking me how badly injured I was as I could get some compensation... When I told her I wasn't injured , after a pause she said let me put you through to my supervisor and he'll explain how we can get you some money...

I hung up and put the number on the block list ... I like money as much as the next person but I find this process immoral and won't have any part of it

I wonder if the police would have been interested in hearing about their tactic of knowingly trying to create a fraudulent claim.

I think it's more that the insurance companies try and settle now for a few hundred rather then getting hit for a big claim 10 years down the line when it's proven by my lawyer Lionel Hutz that my bent spine is as a result of that crash

Not sure on the legality of it all and if it's fraudulent tbh ...

can't be hit with a claim ten years on, you get 3 years to put a claim in

People who drive in car parking spaces forwards. Majority does tend to be women

People who wear jogging bottoms / tracksuits as part of the their normal everyday wear

People who do the shopping in their slippers or pyjamas (saw this today)

People who use their mobile phone when driving - I hope you crash

People in general today

• Like 3

The amount of facebook posts for missing people who are not really missing ......as in ....a girl went to the slane concert and that night the share thing was up missing etc ......turned out she met a dude went back to his place had a shagathon turned up the next day 

People who moan about the licence fee piss me off :)

Why?
They don't actually piss me off, of course. I am strongly in favour of it, though. And I don't really get why it would bother anyone any more than any other tax.

People who wear jogging bottoms / tracksuits as part of the their normal everyday wear

I don't mind when women with great asses wear tight jogging bottoms.

I work at quite a sporty university, I spend a fair chunk of my day staring at some pretty nice asses in leggings. I'm not enjoying my job at the moment but it has its good points :D

• Like 1

The amount of facebook posts for missing people who are not really missing ......as in ....a girl went to the slane concert and that night the share thing was up missing etc ......turned out she met a dude went back to his place had a shagathon turned up the next day

Wasnt this last year? There are videos I believe. Edited by Genie

Wasnt this last year? There are videos I believe.

hahaha no that was a different thing 

Didn't get a job I went for yesterday.

Had my interview with the area manager. (when I was told it would be with a branch manager) He asked me a question and I replied. He cut me off and said 'you've obviously done your research. When you go on our website you have key features and you've mentioned about 4 of them there.' Knocked me totally off.

Then I asked at the end, 'what does a successful person in this position look like?'

He replied 'clean shaven' (I had stubble, but it was tidy)

Didn't get it based on my lack of sales experience (fair enough) and work ethic(?). Think it's because I quit teaching after hating the no work/life balance at 22. But I've been working solidly since I was 15 so I don't get that really.

Did I dodge a bullet? The area manager seemed like a dick IMO. No need to be like that when interviewing.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

yep, sounds like a job well missed

At an interview for a lowly admin position many years ago I was asked, with no context or lead up 'in what respect was Margaret Thatcher directly and personally responsible for the Bradford City Football Fire deaths?'

I didn't see the question coming, waffled a non answer, didn't get the job.

Never did find out what the 'right' answer was. Dick.

Is having stubble for an interview viewed as that bad?

If it's tidy like you said, I don't see the problem. One job I had you either had to be clean-shaven or full beard, if you wanted to grow one you had to do it on holiday and not while you're working, so there must be a fair few employers who have strict/outdated standards of appearance. That said he sounds like a tosspot, I bet if a girl wearing something totally inappropriate was in the interview he wouldn't give a shit.

At this moment, myself. Not only did I just put a stamp on the wrong side of an envelope, I just posted the rest of the book of stamps with the bloody card I was sending. :angry:

:crylaugh: Putting the stamps in with the card made I lol. Thanks.
  • Like 3

Â