Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

IT have upgraded (and I use that word lightly) my PC to Windows 7 at work.

Now that I have it, i don't have access to pretty much the most important systems that I and the majority of Finance, purchasing, engineering and programme planning use.

So I raised an issue with IT and got the response "Sorry, you can't use that system on Windows 7."

This alarmed me as it would basically mean I can't do my job. So I asked around and turns out you can get it, as other people in my department have windows 7 and use the system.

IT are no flat out refusing to believe me. I've actually got somebody from IT on their way to my office to witness a windows 7 laptop accessing this system.

Morons.

Good old IT departments! I pick my PC up next week supposedly with the Windows 7 update so hope they've done a better job!

IT have upgraded (and I use that word lightly) my PC to Windows 7 at work.

Now that I have it, i don't have access to pretty much the most important systems that I and the majority of Finance, purchasing, engineering and programme planning use.

So I raised an issue with IT and got the response "Sorry, you can't use that system on Windows 7."

This alarmed me as it would basically mean I can't do my job. So I asked around and turns out you can get it, as other people in my department have windows 7 and use the system.

IT are no flat out refusing to believe me. I've actually got somebody from IT on their way to my office to witness a windows 7 laptop accessing this system.

Morons.

Can't they allow you to run your OS of choice as a virtual machine within Win7?

I have literally no idea.

• Like 1

Carling DOES taste like piss......and just because something is popular - doesn't make it nice. It's cheap, well advertised piss...but it's still piss.

See also "Budweiser"  

American Budweiser, or "Bud" is horrid. Carling is OK, if the only other options are Fosters or Carlsberg (like at most football grounds).

I'm not a huge lover of lager, but if I do drink it, I'll always go for a nice Continental lager, like Staropramen or Birra Moretti.

Carling DOES taste like piss......and just because something is popular - doesn't make it nice. It's cheap, well advertised piss...but it's still piss.

See also "Budweiser"  

American Budweiser, or "Bud" is horrid. Carling is OK, if the only other options are Fosters or Carlsberg (like at most football grounds).

I'm not a huge lover of lager, but if I do drink it, I'll always go for a nice Continental lager, like Staropramen or Birra Moretti.

Carlsberg > Fosters > Carling

But none of them are great. You're right, the continental stuff is generally a lot better. Peroni, Staropramen, Amstel, Estrella Damm (Not sure if that's technically a lager but close enough), San Miguel etc

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Carling DOES taste like piss......and just because something is popular - doesn't make it nice.

People are buying it for what reason then?
Because they are cretins with inferior palates.

Edit: :P

Carling DOES taste like piss......and just because something is popular - doesn't make it nice.

I refer the honorable gentleman to the answer stewfano gave moments ago. 

Price? People who prefer quantity over quality? 

I like both lager and ale.. ale is more of a winter thing. Freezing cold outside and then into warm pub for an ale. Lager being the refreshing summer drink to quench your thirst. 

• Like 4

The fake clapping and laughing on tv shows

Not all of it's fake, though. The great Graham Linehan is always trying to point out that his shows are filmed in front of an audience.

I heard him say once that it can be a pain in the arse because sometimes the audience finds stuff funny that isn't supposed to be, so on occasion he has turned it down a bit when editing. I think the opposite is true in American comedy where they feel they need the audience to wet themselves twice a sentence. The Big Bang Theory especially, I have no idea how anyone can find it as funny as the audience supposedly does, it really puts me off watching.

The fake clapping and laughing on tv shows

Not all of it's fake, though. The great Graham Linehan is always trying to point out that his shows are filmed in front of an audience.

I heard him say once that it can be a pain in the arse because sometimes the audience finds stuff funny that isn't supposed to be, so on occasion he has turned it down a bit when editing. I think the opposite is true in American comedy where they feel they need the audience to wet themselves twice a sentence. The Big Bang Theory especially, I have no idea how anyone can find it as funny as the audience supposedly does, it really puts me off watching.

Have you seen any of the video clips where they take out the "canned laughter" you will see that they actually film with extended pauses to fit it in.

Â