Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Until about 3 years ago I thought the phrase 'peaks and troughs' was 'pigs and troughs'.

Until a few years ago I thought Anti-Pasta was what you had to eat if you ate too much pasta.  The reason I found out was that in Italian Restaurant with the Mrs.  I said "The menu is wrong in this gaff as the anti-pasta stuff is first,  you need that after the main course surely." it's one of those things you sort out as a kid as "Bang on,  I know what's going on here,  I do not need to ask an adult"

When I 1st left school I worked in a Wine Bar (Mere green) full time,  they told me to nip next door for 2 small box of "quiche" written down.  This could have been anything,  I asked a woman in there after a while of searching for "quiche" pronounced "Kwitchee".  She looked at me like I was a small heath.

• Like 2

Until about 3 years ago I thought the phrase 'peaks and troughs' was 'pigs and troughs'.

Until a few years ago I thought Anti-Pasta was what you had to eat if you ate too much pasta. The reason I found out was that in Italian Restaurant with the Mrs. I said "The menu is wrong in this gaff as the anti-pasta stuff is first, you need that after the main course surely." it's one of those things you sort out as a kid as "Bang on, I know what's going on here, I do not need to ask an adult"

When I 1st left school I worked in a Wine Bar (Mere green) full time, they told me to nip next door for 2 small box of "quiche" written down. This could have been anything, I asked a woman in there after a while of searching for "quiche" pronounced "Kwitchee". She looked at me like I was a small heath.

And yet you still don't know that it's called antipasto.

;)

Where else are you supposed to eat your crisps then other than indoors? They're not going to banish us outside with the smokers to stop people getting obese through secondhand salt n vinegar surely. People who crunch them loudly can piss off mind you.

It's a policy I'd vote for.

The renewal quote for my car insurance came today, £68 more than last year! Now to go through the tedium of finding a new provider.

They gave me a courtesy call today so I asked them why the price had gone up so high this year, a couple of minutes later they took £152 off the quote. :thumb:

Just goes to show that if you don't question it, they're more than happy to catch you out.

People who have no qualms in blowing their nose like a **** trumpet in public.

I agree, it's **** disgusting, I have no idea why it's considered acceptable. Similarly I hate people who think it's OK to loudly clear their throats. I sat near some prick on the train who would very loudly, and rather violently, clear his throat every 5 minutes, it really annoyed me. I felt like throat punching him. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Birmingham New Street signal box. And the people who "work"inside it

Words removed the lot of em 

Oh. And while I am at it the new Virgin Trains adverts. Arrive awesome my arse 

Edited by TrinityRoadSteps
  • Like 1

Â