Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Panic attacks are nasty things. I had a few of them from about 2006-2007. The sheer dread, heart beating, thinking you're going to die. Not very nice.

Haven't had any for since then though, although I felt the very beginnings of one a couple of months ago. Thankfully it didn't progress beyond that. 

It's weird how it can just come from absolutely nowhere with no provocation.

If golf is a good walk spoiled (which it is), then fishing is a good sit down spoiled.

If I sit down for too long at home I either get 2 kids jumping up and down on me or trying to kill each other and Mrs H nagging me to do DIY

Sit down on a riverbank and I get neither

So yes probably to your statement ... But I'll take the fishing for now and def take it over golf

• Like 1

Always disliked golf, but a few years ago decided I 'needed' to do golf to further my career and do all the networking bollix.

Got a set of clubs ff my Director in the office (it gave him a legit reason to buy a new set), and set about learning.

Lots of hours later, lots of baskets of balls up the range and a few games down the road I suddenly realised it wasn't for me in any guise or for any reason. The couple of golf clubs I had visited were exactly as I had imagined them to be, one had a separate dining area for 'lady members'. Jacked it in and sold the clubs I'd been given.

Fishing however, buys you some peace without the sudden realisation you've been sat on the loo for 20 minutes and may have been missed.

• Like 2

some of the people I used to work for in the City used to strut around their offices taking practise golf swings and such during the day

you had these interns that got kept on once their "YTS" was up , if they were lucky , and then they seemed to think their job was basically to turn themselves into clones of the people that had already made it

clothes from Hackett on dress down Friday , joining the same gym XXX did , taking up golf so they could aspire to one day be invited along or join in the chat down the pub with the directors complete with practise swings of course

it was always a source of great merriment during my time there

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

That has sod all to do with golf, though. It has to do with people being fake/acting like utter words removed/joining in so as to be accepted.

Joining the golf/rugby/fishing/running/woteva club in order to be accepted ought to be regarded as quite sad.

That has sod all to do with golf, though. It has to do with people being fake/acting like utter words removed/joining in so as to be accepted.

Joining the golf/rugby/fishing/running/woteva club in order to be accepted ought to be regarded as quite sad.

hey ..  my reply had the word golf in it

PS

I thought the idea of joining a fishing club was that you already weren't accepted :)

• Like 1

I always get psyched up for going out because I rarely do. Then once I get there I realise why I don't go out.

Went out in hull last night. Walked in, it's the same lads in the same clothes trying to pull the same girls in the same clothes and the whole thing smells like an explosion in an aftershave factory. And on the off chance you see someone who looks like a respectable, attractive human being you can't talk to her. No, the accepted protocol is to go up behind her without her knowing you're there, grab her hips and girate.

Has the clubbing scene always been that shit? Or am I getting old?

I always get psyched up for going out because I rarely do. Then once I get there I realise why I don't go out.

Went out in hull last night. Walked in, it's the same lads in the same clothes trying to pull the same girls in the same clothes and the whole thing smells like an explosion in an aftershave factory. And on the off chance you see someone who looks like a respectable, attractive human being you can't talk to her. No, the accepted protocol is to go up behind her without her knowing you're there, grab her hips and girate.

This is where you went wrong. Hull? Seriously?

If you want to pull avoid night clubs, unless you're after a skank who probably has herpes.

This is where you went wrong. Hull? Seriously?

If you want to pull avoid night clubs, unless you're after a skank who probably has herpes.

Agreed!! Why on earth would you go out in Hull? If you're going to clubs in shit northern towns then you shouldn't be so surprised.

Â