VT Fantasy Football League 2013/14

maqroll

I ended up getting Delph in my team. At 4.5 hes as cheap as midfielders come and should be playing most minutes for us. 

Are you lot talking about having Delph high? He's a TERRIBLE fantasy pick. Second most minutes of all our midfielders last season and scored 33. 

I think I may have been. 

Anyway this is the team I've landed on for now.

Mignolet

Ivanovic - Dawson - Reid

Zaha - Hazard - Coutinho - Walcott 

Bony -Soldado - Benteke

Subs: Clyne, Whittaker, Britton

I can't decide between Clyne and Shaw as they both cost the same. 

I have never played fantasy football before but would like to give it a go.

Can someone explain the transfer part please ?

How often can you buy/sell players and anything else about transfers or anything else that is important.

Thanks.

I have never played fantasy football before but would like to give it a go.

Can someone explain the transfer part please ?

How often can you buy/sell players and anything else about transfers or anything else that is important.

Thanks.

You can do a hundred transfers between now and Friday, but after that, you accrue one transfer "credit" after each weekend, but you can never accrue more than two transfer "credits". So after the first two weeks, you can transfer two players out and two in. Or, if you want to use your first transfer after week 1, you can too. Using two gives you more flexibility with your money.

Twice a year you are awarded a "wild card", which you can use to do a mass clear out if you want, unlimited transfers. 

As the season goes on, players lose or gain value depending on their performance. So right now, RVP is something like 13m, but if he sucks for the first month, his price will drop.

You'll want to choose players that you think will start and play most of the game, week in, week out.

Whoever you make your captain will score double his points each week, so choose that one wisely.

I'm a fantasy neophyte, but from what I understand, it's all about picking players who are going to put up big numbers rather than players who would actually play well together in any kind of real world scenario, right? Here's what I've got going into week one, at least until I change my mind at the last minute.

Mignolet

Caulker       Okore        Baines

Michu        Bellamy      Giaccherini    Mata ©

Soldado       Benteke       Lukaku

Bench: Guzan, Campaña, Williams (Ashley), McShane (Paul)

I ended up getting Delph in my team. At 4.5 hes as cheap as midfielders come and should be playing most minutes for us. 

Are you lot talking about having Delph high? He's a TERRIBLE fantasy pick. Second most minutes of all our midfielders last season and scored 33. 

I think I may have been. 

Anyway this is the team I've landed on for now.

Mignolet

Ivanovic - Dawson - Reid

Zaha - Hazard - Coutinho - Walcott 

Bony -Soldado - Benteke

Subs: Clyne, Whittaker, Britton

I can't decide between Clyne and Shaw as they both cost the same. 

Very nice balanced team. I have 6 of those including Whittaker who I've always been a fan of since his Villa days and could be a steal at 5m. I had Clyne and Shaw but dropped Clyne for Coleman as Clyne is showing up as unlikely fit for GW1

Edit: WTF since I refreshed it says Shaw 50% with a knee injury.  

Edited by Kiwivillan

I'm a fantasy neophyte, but from what I understand, it's all about picking players who are going to put up big numbers rather than players who would actually play well together in any kind of real world scenario, right? Here's what I've got going into week one, at least until I change my mind at the last minute.

Mignolet

Caulker       Okore        Baines

Michu        Bellamy      Giaccherini    Mata ©

Soldado       Benteke       Lukaku

Bench: Guzan, Campaña, Williams (Ashley), McShane (Paul)

As I said above with the team you have you will only have ten in GW3. Okore, Mata, Benteke, Lukaku, Guzan do not play this week because of the double week GW1

Only ten assuming every other player is starting, not injured. 

So how many people are going to have to re-jig their team if when Bale leaves?

Bale is dead to my FPL side. He hasn't moved to clarify his position (declare his love for Jores the Damaja FC) so as a leader of great men, i have cast him to the wolves. The club moves on.

Jores the Damaja FC. I love you.

Edited by Keyblade

No Villa players until after Game week 3 for me(maybe baker as a cheap sub). I have 3 Chelsea players as they have Hull and us in double week. We have Arse, Chelsea, and Liverpool then a bye week. If you have 3 Villa players as well you gonna have 9 players in GW3 if none of above a keeper. You will have to waste trades to get players in only to want to bring back the ones you had to trade out. Very dumb short-sighted strategy just for the sake of having Villa players from the off IMO.

Not that dumb really. I see what you're saying.

But providing a couple of your players have decent games in the double gameweek you're probably going to make more points than the 4 it will cost you to transfer that player out as an extra transfer.

I agree having 6 villa/chelsea players might be a bit extreme, but nothign wrong with having a few in there from the off.

Yes but you'll probably be transferring players out that you'll bring straight back in. So your repeating the trades twice. I hope we beat Arse, Chelsea, and Liverpool as a Villa fan but as a fantasy player I'm holding off on Benteke and Lowton until after GW3 

Yes but you'll probably be transferring players out that you'll bring straight back in. So your repeating the trades twice. I hope we beat Arse, Chelsea, and Liverpool as a Villa fan but as a fantasy player I'm holding off on Benteke and Lowton until after GW3 

Fair enough. 

I dont think I will be (I've got 4 Villa and chelsea players.)

I'll drop Weimann after gameweek 1 as my free transfer probably, and may take my extra chelsea player out after gameweek 2. Then I'll let my subs fill in for one gameweek

(And Lowton is brave regardless, as is any VIlla defender :))

Edited by Stevo985

Thanks maqrol.

Ok I am going to join up now.

One thing though, you are only allowed 15 players so when you want to buy a player ( obviously to replace another player ) how do you get on if no one wants to buy the player you want to sell ? or do you just sack him ?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Thanks maqrol.

Ok I am going to join up now.

One thing though, you are only allowed 15 players so when you want to buy a player ( obviously to replace another player ) how do you get on if no one wants to buy the player you want to sell ? or do you just sack him ?

Thanks in advance.

You don't have to sell players.

You just take them out of your team and you get back whatever they were worth at that point.

Ok, I have entered a team...."Armchair Athletic"  but I can`t see where you enter the code to join the AVFC league ?

I looked in the help and it just says to enter in the correct format but it does not tell you where you actually enter the code ?!

I also looked in "update your account" nothing there either.

Â