VT Fantasy Football League 2013/14

maqroll

I might consider Lowton, but given last season's performance I'd be reluctant to put any Villa defenders in.

I've got 3 Villa players in my squad though. Benteke and Weimann starting with Tonev as first sub.

It's a good idea to have Villa players (and Chelse players) in for the firts week as we've got 2 games. Weimann will probably get dropped once the first week is out of the way (depending on my money situation)

Smart money is on a Chelsea trio though. if you double on Villans, as well as three Chelsea players, you'll have to take hits to field a decent side GW3.

I might consider Lowton, but given last season's performance I'd be reluctant to put any Villa defenders in.

I've got 3 Villa players in my squad though. Benteke and Weimann starting with Tonev as first sub.

It's a good idea to have Villa players (and Chelse players) in for the firts week as we've got 2 games. Weimann will probably get dropped once the first week is out of the way (depending on my money situation)

Smart money is on a Chelsea trio though. if you double on Villans, as well as three Chelsea players, you'll have to take hits to field a decent side GW3.

True. But if you're reasonably lucky, the hit won't be as much as the points you gain from having them in. A Benteke goal, for example, and he'll have earned you more points than you'll lose by taking him out the next week.

I picked Lowton, Benteke and Helenius for my three Villa players. Helenius as a sub for Benteke and Van Persie.

Balls of steel my friend.

I will wait for Villas fixtures to go from intense to moderate before investing in anyone other than the almighty, fixtureproof, Benteking.  :D

I picked Hutton, Bannan and Ireland for mine. Got a good feeling about this Fantasy Season.

We joke about it but have you seen Baker's ownership? He's in almost 20% of teams on FPL!!

Considering he'll be third choice at Left Back (Luna, then Bennett) and behind Vlaar, Okore and Clark at Centre Half, I'd be very surprised if he got games other than cups.

Nutters

• Like 1

So how many people are going to have to re-jig their team if when Bale leaves?

Bale is dead to my FPL side. He hasn't moved to clarify his position (declare his love for Jores the Damaja FC) so as a leader of great men, i have cast him to the wolves. The club moves on.

Baker is ahead of Clark and okore in my eyes until okore proves and settles in.

I'd certainly have him ahead of Clark. Haven't seen Okore properly yet so can't say on him.

I'm glad you ain't wearing the puffy Macron dugout jackets at VP!   ;)

Funny you should say that, because I'm 90% sure the chap who does wear those jackets and stands in the dugout is going to have the same opinion.

He certainly had Baker ahead of Clark by the end of last season.

I've got 3 Villa & 3 Chelsea in game week one, but other than Benteke it's only Westwood & Delph, I reckon I can maybe get a decent side going into GW3.

Mingolet Boruc

Shaw Cole Collins Turner Zabaleta

Mata Westwood Delph Carzola Silva

Benteke Lukaku Dzeko

Funny you should say that, because I'm 90% sure the chap who does wear those jackets and stands in the dugout is going to have the same opinion.

He certainly had Baker ahead of Clark by the end of last season.

I don't think he did. Baker was in the side because Clark was injured. In fact he only got in in the first place because of Clark's injury. Clark never 'lost' his place on performance (whether we think he should have or not is beside the point). Now pre-season might go some way towards changing all of this, but if we ignore pre-season for a moment and concentrate on the 'end of last season' and stick the new signing (the junior) on the end, I believe that objectively the pecking order of our CBs all things considered and assuming all are equally available would be Vlaar, Clark, Baker, Okore. I expect that to change fairly soon after the season starts if it hasn't already through pre-season.

Â