VT Fantasy Football League 2013/14

maqroll

I'd put Benteke and Weimann in my team, but I don't want to jinx them. No Villa players this time around despite the temptation (that wasn't even there in previous seasons).

Edited by Keyblade

While I'm on the subject, what are people's strategies (as Villa fans) when choosing an FPL squad?

I have always started with, and been burned by, 3 Villa players of whom i had high hopes in preseason.

Last year I started with N'Zog, El Ahmadi and Vlaar and stuck with them for the best part of the opening 6 or 7 game weeks as if dropping them could rock their potential...

After reforming the team and cutting my Villa ties, I witnessed Benteke find juggernaut form and refused to bring him in for fear of 'cursing' him.

I am deeply atheist, don't believe in Karma, or luck, or omens etc. 

Why do i go against my own beliefs when it comes to supporting the Villa on FPL?!

Am I the only one?

(This year, Ive learned my lesson: I'm putting Luna, Okore, Helenius, Bacuna, Lowton, Tonev and Wiemann on the watch list. Benteke go's in the starting 11)

I still wouldn't bother with any Villa defenders to be honest - I don't see us keeping many clean sheets. Benteke is obviously a solid shout and Weimann is great value at £6m. I've got them both in as it stands - though things could change before kick off.

I might consider Lowton, but given last season's performance I'd be reluctant to put any Villa defenders in.

I've got 3 Villa players in my squad though. Benteke and Weimann starting with Tonev as first sub.

It's a good idea to have Villa players (and Chelse players) in for the firts week as we've got 2 games. Weimann will probably get dropped once the first week is out of the way (depending on my money situation)

I still wouldn't bother with any Villa defenders to be honest - I don't see us keeping many clean sheets. Benteke is obviously a solid shout and Weimann is great value at £6m. I've got them both in as it stands - though things could change before kick off.

Luna could prove great value. We've got a torrid start but once we got these fixtures out the way, I can see Luna flourishing as an FPL prospect. 

Wiemann is one of the best budget options available. Double Gameweek1 too, good starter if you aint overloaded with Chelsea players to get shot of!

Â